Monday, July 29, 2013

ikea ekby bjarnum bracket...

First, thank you all SO much for your kind comments on my bamboo dresser makeover!
  I truly appreciate you taking the time to stop and be so thoughtful!

I'm way overdue for one of my Ikea favorite posts, this one could be a quick and
 inexpensive weekend diy. I love the Ekby Bjarnum shelf bracket for the clean, stylish detail
 it adds to a plain shelf, and the price, of course!

2 for $10
At 11" deep it can fit into the tightest of places, making it super functional.
It can take on an industrial look when left as is in the nickel finish,
or my favorite, give it a spray of gold paint to dress it up.

The bracket covers the edge of the shelf so you can cut the shelf without the
cut edge showing.

Check out the creative ways it's been used...


Design Manifest
 The Lily Pad Cottage
Dwellings by Devore
 Ikea Spotting Tumblr
 Design Manifest
Shift Ctrl ART
Sarah Richardson 

I've just added a set to my diy list, and I know exactly where I'd like to use them!

Other Ikea Favorites, click on title to view.






19 comments:

Unknown said...

I love when they are sprayed gold like Naomi did!

René said...

I do love that bracket. Darnit, I was just there last week.

Kim said...

Fantastic Shelf and Brackets!! I love your Ikea ideas! Btw, I just popped over to look at your bamboo chest makeover. I have chest envy!! You rock! xo

Cassie Bustamante said...

loving them in gold!!! great ideas!

Jennifer@The Chronicles of Home said...

Love them, especially when gold :)

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

I used these on our bookshelves and I love the industrial pop they add to otherwise boring shelves.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Oh my gosh I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE the gold brackets!!!!!! WHERE can I put them in my house?? I also *love* your Ikea posts about being chic for less :) Thank you!

Unknown said...

I love the gold brackets. You are an IKEA genius!

Lori

Dana Frieling said...

Pretty sure I need to wrangle up a handful of these for my guest bedroom. Would you kindly come over and style them for me?!

Leslie said...

Functional, great price, looks great! Can't wait to see where you put them Pam:)

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

I've never noticed those at Ikea. What a great way to make a simple DIY shelf that looks like a million bucks!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

The shelves are fabulous. So many uses! Love the different uses you showed...Great Post!

Patricia said...

Looks lovely ! For a minute, I thought you hit the wrong keys on the computer, and then realized we were talking IKEA !

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

I think I have to add one to my DIY list too. Love them in gold!

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

Loving the brass bracket. It looks so good with the white shelf.

Cindy @ a curious gardener said...

Another good one, love the gold, the best Ikea shopper everrrrrr.....

katie@mydiyhabits said...

love these so much...i used them in my laundry room....but I'm totally digging the gold version!!!
-Katie@mydiyhabits

Dwellings by DeVore said...

These are some of my favorite shelves, so versatile! Thanks for the feature :)

Unknown said...

Love the gold!! But we're building a rustic-meets-loft "barn house" and most of the other elements are a darker metal. We're installing white Ikea cabinets and zinc countertops. Have you seen anyone paint them an oil rubbed bronze or aged steel finish?

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover