Wednesday, July 10, 2013

a charming home & a winner...

Hi everyone, thanks for hanging in there while I was away.
We had a wonderful time, it was gorgeous and we squeezed in a lot of fun activities, I haven't
 had time to go through my photos yet, but I'll share some of them soon.
Today I have a treat for you, I'm sharing the exterior and garden of a charming home.
 I met the delightful owner at my garage sale, she's a friend of a friend and happened to
 introduce herself and let me know she reads my blog. I'm still so thrilled and surprised when
 I run into someone who reads it! :) Before she knew what hit her I was asking if I could
 feature her home and was there taking photos for all of you.
 Her passion for design, gardening, diys and pink are unmistakable..enjoy! 


I love her fearless use of color on her front door, before pink it was apple green.


Gorgeous window box, she has a bit of a green thumb! 


I didn't ask, but I bet she made that whimsical pillow, she's quite the seamstress, as well! 


She added the portico and brick floor to her porch. 


If anyone out there is wavering about painting their brick,
 this is a perfect example of how stunning it can look!


The breezeway between her house and garage, with a classic dutch door.


She graciously let me take photos of her backyard when I begged! 
Look what she's getting ready to make - my Restoration Hardware knock-off


 Her beautiful backyard and patio looking toward the house.


A glimpse at her amazing garden. 


Of course, I had to ask what she was planning for this box of thrifted treasures I spied. 


She makes these unique pieces of art to display in her garden,
 a birdbath is next on the list. 


A gravel path leads to an intimate seating area surrounding a fire pit.


Another seating area, I love the vibrant, bold yellow accents paired with black and gray.



She's as beautiful and stylish as the lovely home and garden she's created.
Thank you so much, for allowing me to share your charming home, Bev!  

And, the lucky Shabby Apple winner...
Congrats to Amber Peters, enjoy your new dress! 

Join me for lots of inspiration over at: 
Kim @ Savvy Southern Style - WOW us Wednesdays

36 comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

What a gem of a home, I love the pink door, portico, gorgeous gardening, unique garden sculpture, personality!! Thanks so much for sharing, I feel rejuvenated to get back to my gardens and show them some love after seeing this beautiful home!

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time away, you were missed though!

Unknown said...

Absolutely STUNNING - I can't tell you how much I'm in love with that door - need to go pin it now before I forget!!!!!!
Thanks so much for sharing.................
( oh and thank your new friend of a friend to lol )
XOXO

Wendy said...

Gorgeous colours love all the pretty seating areas and that front door beautiful. The garden is stunning too. Love it all. Glad you enjoyed your holiday and looking forward to the pictures xx

Wendy said...

Gorgeous colours love all the pretty seating areas and that front door beautiful. The garden is stunning too. Love it all. Glad you enjoyed your holiday and looking forward to the pictures xx

Scrappy Pink Corner said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gardens. Love the PINK door. It is so stinking cute. But my husband would never go for it. Thank your new friend for letting you share her beautiful home. It is absolutely a beautiful place. Ana

Cassie Bustamante said...

WOW! what an adorable home and beautiful gardens! so lovely! she needs a blog! ;)

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

I'm in love with the pink door! And that backyard is gorgeous!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What a beautiful home and gardens, Pam! I'm so glad she let you share them with us. I just love that pink door! She's got some great little touches sprinkled throughout. That birdhouse with the pink roof is great.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Would you mind sharing her house paint color and trim color?

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Her home and gardens are over the top cute with all the additions of pink. Love the front door.

Unknown said...

I love her entry and her flower boxes! The gardens are wonderful and what a welcoming space! Welcome home, and so glad your vacation was awesome! We missed you!
xo Nancy

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Just beautiful...love the pink door with those fantastic house numbers...and love the garden art made of vintage glass. Gorgeous home and gardens..thanks Pam..so enjoyed the tour!

Diana @ Your Day Simplified said...

Wow, she has an amazing eye for color and composition. I love the numbers on her front door. So personal and special. Your pictures are beautiful too!

Cindy @ a curious gardener said...

So happy to hear you had a great trip to Tahoe , Pam! Can't wait to see the pics.

I LOVE to see a home that is so LOVED! She must be thrilled with your photography of her beautiful home!

pam {simple details} said...

Leslie, I'm sorry but she didn't know, it was a custom matched to her siding.

Kim @ Plumberry Pie said...

Just beautiful!! WOW! I was just talking to my husband about painting our brick to match our siding. Love how it looks! Thanks for sharing with us!

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

That pink door is so much fun...

Leslie said...

Beautiful, welcoming home and love that pink door! What an unexpected surprise! Beautiful home and I also like her outdoor sitting area ~ pretty garden.

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Bev has achieved one of the most charming, welcoming homes I have ever seen. I love the pink door, and the numbers make it even better!!

Suzanne said...

What a fun photo tour, starting with the pink door! The gray painted brick is really handsome and the color choice on the front door is so welcoming. Warm and creative! Thanks for sharing,
Suzanne

Sarah @ Simply Sarah Style said...

I agree! Her use of color is fearless. That pink was probably a big risk, but it makes such a "wow" statement.

Karena said...

Love her home exterior and gardens Pam! The saturated pink is wonderful! I keep forgetting that I want to make the garden spheres!

xoxo
Karena
2013 Artists Series-Kerry Steele

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

How cute is all that pink! I love it with the black accents!

Brandi said...

I love this house. The colors, the yard, all amazing.

Vel Criste said...

truly worth featuring Pam! Love the glass art outside her home!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Simply gorgeous! She has a BIG green thumb! Every inch is absolutely stunning and so full of personality. What a great place to live!

Alexa said...

Love those sweet little unexpected pops of color! Beautiful designs.

Carrie said...

Welcome back! How fun to meet a reader in real life, and one with such a pretty house & yard!

Arborgate Interiors LLC said...

OMG! Simply charming and I LOVE all that PINK at the front door! What great ideas...all of them.

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Thanks for the tour!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love that pink door and the gardens are fabulous. Great tour. I would love for you to link up to my Inspire Me Tuesday party that is live now. - - -http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2013/07/173rd-inspire-me-tuesday.html Hugs, Marty

debra @ HOMESPUN said...

Charming indeed! :)

the cape on the corner said...

I am having major painted brick envy right now! the boyfriend is so against it, but look at how classic this looks!!

Art and Sand said...

What a lovely home and garden. I love how she makes the garden art out of thrifted objects.

Unknown said...

Love her flower boxes!:)

Stacey said...

Oh my goodness how beautiful! Would it just be too much for us to beg her to let us see inside? Anyone with such a beautiful exterior must have a beautiful interior.

That pink door is amazing!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover