Thursday, July 11, 2013

new client...

I've been working on a few design projects that I haven't shared yet. 
First up, this beautiful home the owners moved into a few months ago and needed help
pulling things together. They have a great sense of style, love color, and have some amazing
 pieces to work with...think Sputnik! We'll be doing my favorite combination of high and low
 pieces, diys, and thrifted finds to create a unique space and keep it budget friendly!

Here are a few inspiration photos I've pinned for them and a couple 'befores.'

 mariakillam.com

housetohome.co.uk

BEFORE - LIVING ROOM
Their home is on a golf course and the wall to the left is floor to ceiling windows.
 Those drapes have come down and we've decided on no window coverings to take advantage
 of the beautiful view and achieve a more modern look, a coat of white paint is being
 used in all of these spaces and applied today. I can't wait to see how bright and fresh it looks!


BEFORE - DINING ROOM
The same white paint will be used in here, we're still deciding on what will go in that huge
 niche. It's 12" depth has dictated some sort of shelving, possibly a library.
They have ghost chairs that we'll use at the table along with upholstered head chairs to 
bring in some bold color and pattern.  


We'll be replacing the existing chandelier with this old Sputnik chandelier they had!
 Yes, I about died when I saw it! Can you even imagine how gorgeous it will be?


We'll bring in more color in this entry with a painted console or dresser.
 I found a pair of mid-century lamps with black and white striped shades we'll use.   


This staircase with black wrought iron spindles isn't escaping the white paint! 


A similar look is in the works, with a unique detail I can't wait to share! 

Yesterday I quickly chose a few fabrics and rugs for a starting point, 
still tweaking as we make other decisions, but this is the direction for color...
the coral sample at the bottom is the rug


same fabric combination, but with a blue rug.
Do you have a favorite?

  
They have an end of August deadline, so the final reveal is only a few weeks away,
we're also working on the family room and kitchen, I'll be sharing those plans soon.

I love using Pinterest for my clients, if you'd like to follow along with our
ideas you can right here at Client K. 







25 comments:

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

The sputnik chandelier is amazing! I also love the white chippendale chairs...what fun clients to work with!!!
I think in this case I like the blue rug, especially with the top left blueish fabric.

stephanie at Stephanie Kraus Designs said...

I def like the blue rug! But what I like even more are all of the fun elements you have to work with!! So lucky to have such great clients and they are luck to have you!

Cassie Bustamante said...

the colors are amazing and i am loving the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Fun, fun, fun!!! Those folks were spot on getting you involved! Love the pop of color against the white backdrop and the combo with the blue rug is a fresh look!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

This is going to be great. The house already has great bones. Will you be doing a ceiling treatment on that living room ceiling? I like the blue rug, btw.

Denise Greenwood said...

Looks like fun! I love the way you combine color and pattern - I'm learning to be braver with that :) I think I like the blue rug.

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

This looks like so much fun. My goodness, who has Sputniks lying around their house?!? :)

Unknown said...

What a fabulous house! Love all the light and can just imagine how perfect white walls will be! Love all the color! They chose the right designer, that's for sure...congrats!
xo Nancy

Kim @ Plumberry Pie said...

I'm so jealous of that sputnik!!!!!!!!! I like the blue option. Can.not.wait to see this reveal!!

Katie Time said...

Gorgeous. I like the blue rug - cools down the other warm colors. Can you tell me where you found the blue rug? It's similar to West Elm's, but I like this one so much more. Thanks.

pam {simple details} said...

Katie - it is West Elm, I think the lighter circles read more turquoise than it shows on their website.

Sew a Fine Seam said...

Oh it's going to be so lovely! I can't wait to see it all finished.

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Fantastic! The direction you are going is absolutely brilliant! Oh I am looking forward to seeing the AFTERS!

katie@mydiyhabits said...

Love that painterly floral fabric! I just ordered one for pillows in my master bedroom! That chandelier is FABULOUS!!!

-Katie@mydiyhabits

Angela said...

Love it all--excited to see more pics when you are finished. I'm partial to the blue rug--something inside me sighed when I saw it.

Unknown said...

Looks like a great project. add me to team coral, although I think I'm the only one on the team.

Leslie said...

Work your magic Pam:) love that chandelier and the textiles look gorgeous!

yamilovesemma said...

BLUE was my favorite!!!

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

What a fun project! Love all the white and color! Those stairs are going to a bombshell when you finish with them!

MeetMrs.Robinson said...

I vote blue combo! With whites and blues being the larger solids, it will make the other pieces more distinct. IMHO

Lori said...

Gorgeous photos and fabrics.

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Pam...this will be a fun project...I love the chandelier...cant wait to see the revel..

lizziedee said...

I am so jealous of that sputnik light fixture! Also, I think I like the color scheme with the blue rug better - it brings a nice masculine element to otherwise feminine fabrics as well as a dose of needed cool tones.

Arborgate Interiors LLC said...

I really love all of your choices and ideas...great job! For me personally, I like the blue rug best! Can't wait to see it finished. Have fun!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

The colors for this room are so beautiful and fresh - I can't wait to see it all come together with white as the backdrop. How amazing that they already had a sputnik - it's going to look fab in that dining room! Also love the stained glass window, so cool!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover