Thursday, January 24, 2013

ikea songe mirror...

I have another Ikea favorite for you...surprised??  :)
the Songe Mirror is a take-off on the French Louis Phillippe style mirror.
  It's classic, timeless, and effortlessly mixes with any style.

This beauty is large enough (36 x 77) to make a grand statement,
and at an amazing price, $99! Or in the smaller size (35 x 51) for $79!

Not all of these photos are the Ikea Songe, but they show how easily
 you could incorporate a less expensive version to recreate the look of a
 pricey, antique Louis Phillippe mirror.

Pinterest via Jennifer @ The Pink Pagoda

Christina Murphy Interiors


savvyhomeblog.com


Sandra Morgan Interiors
image
Ginger Barber via Cote de Texas

Morrison Fairfax Interiors - bedrooms - pale gray paint color, pale gray bedrooms, chic gray bedrooms, gray cottage bedrooms, french mirrors, arch mirrors, silver bedroom mirrors, bedroom mirrored, bedroom chest mirrors, vintage chests, vintage bedroom chests, pinch-pleat drapery, white silk drapery, silk pinch-pleat drapery, white silk pinch-pleat drapery, medallion drapes, silk medallion drapes,
Morrison Fairfax Interiors
ikea.com

 Linda McDougald Design

north of copenhagen via greige design

Palmer Weiss

                                                          pinkwallpaper.blogspot.com
Elle Decor Photography William Waldron

An oversized gilded mirror establishes a beautiful display in this foyer - Traditional Home®
Traditional Home

It's definitely on my list!!

Have a wonderful weekend, friends!
We have some nice weather in the forecast, and I have
a new painting project on the list before the snow hits.

You can find more Ikea favorites I've posted about and inspiration below:

Black & White Pillows here
Byholma Chest here
Julmys Twine here
Lack Floating Shelf here
Tobias Lucite Chair here
Ikea Lantern here
Ikea Ektorp Sofa here 




26 comments:

Lori said...

So pretty. I like the rounded corners and the finishes.

High Cotton Style said...

I need to pick one up! Love the inspiration pics!

Kim said...

Love the photos ... and the mirror is fabulous ... no matter where it comes from, or where you put it!! xo

Unknown said...

Great find! This may be just what I was searching for for a bedroom I am working on. The pricepoint is perfect! Enjoy that nice weather and can't wait to hear about your painting project. I just directed my CSIL to your blog yesterday looking at your fab DR for inspiration on a project in hers!!!!

Cindy @ a curious gardener said...

Who knew! Great tip, Pam, never noticed it before. Love every single inspiration pic. Will check it out next visit to Ikea.

Tina said...

beautiful inspiration. love those mirrors

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I was just in Ikea, yesterday. Since I was on an unsuccessful mission...I didn't look at the mirrors. I really like this one.

Dana Frieling said...

Pretty pics. Hope you have a fun weekend, Pam!

Unknown said...

I think that one is on my list for my bathroom re-do. Wouldn't it be fun to take a shopping trip together there? Your first image is one of my absolute favorite living rooms.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Kim @ French Country Antiques said...

Louis Phillippe's are my favorite go-to mirror in my house!

Amber B (Simple Dwellings) said...

I have loved that first image for so long! It's a beautiful mirror, and the ikea option has an amazing price tag! Have a great weekend! :)

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

I just noticed the songe for the first time over at Mia & Jilly's the other day. Mia used the large one in her living room makeover. Lovely!

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Its on my list too...love it!

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

this mirror kills it for me. wish i had a place for it. i could even rub and buff it gold. its PERFECT

McKae @ Kaes Corner Design said...

This mirror is gorgeous! And you seriously can't beat the price.

TracieB said...

I was just reading Me & Jilly blog's and her last post was about the same mirror ...looks great! Pastes link below for you to see in her house.
http://meandjilly.blogspot.com/

l o v e l y t h i n g s said...

A mirror can really make a room...I love so many of these and even the Ikea one at that price.

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

It's a good thing I don't live near ikea because otherwise you might have me on a mission this weekend! Stay warm and enjoy your next project!

Becky {This Is Happiness} said...

Great tip Pam! Love all the inspiration pictures!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

I will have to find a REASON to need a new mirror. I LOVE IT!

Cassie Bustamante said...

beautiful inspiration images!!!! love them all!

Stephanie said...

I just love Ikea! I think that mirror is so beautiful in gold. Wish they had it just as large as the first picture though...now that would be killer!

Urban Orchard Interiors said...

This is one of my favorites too Pam! Ikea has gotten so good over the last few years. It seems like it wasn't that long ago (about 6 years) that I swore them off forever because they were producing so much cheap low-quality, unattractive, dorm room stuff but now, I can't get enough. I was there the other day and a lot of their mirrors are so pretty and solid wood and at such reasonable prices. Love your inspiration pics.

-Lane

Shannon Fox said...

What a gorgeous post! I so wish I had an Ikea close by. We are four hours from the nearest store.

I wanted to let you know I saw a certain someone at Centsational Girl ;) Here is the link if you want to peek. Go peek!!

http://www.centsationalgirl.com/2013/01/botb-1-27-13/comment-page-1/#comment-1812207

Nicole Scott said...

LOVE IT! What a great tip...I'm going to get one. How could I not!

Hollie @ I'm Busy Procrastinating said...

I can't get enough of mirrors. I have more than enough already, but they catch my eye ever time!

Btw, I think that first photo is from the show "Sarah 101" with Sarah Richardson. I just watched the episode on my DVR this week.

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover