Thursday, January 31, 2013

do-ahead valentine's day dessert...


Happy February!

Rich, decadent, romantic and delicious.
 Simple, quick and easy can be our little secret!


Do-Ahead Molten Chocolate Cake
~just these 5 ingredients~



1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
8 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate (I use Nestles Chocolate Chips)
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, diced
3 large eggs
3 large egg yolks

Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream

4 Servings - Use 4 - 6 ounce ramekins
6 Servings - Use 6 - 4 ounce ramekins

Butter ramekins or use cooking spray. Whisk sugar and cornstarch in large bowl to combine.
Melt chocolate and butter in heavy medium saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
Cool 10 minutes. Add sugar mixture to chocolate mixture and whisk until blended. 
Whisk in eggs 1 at a time, then whisk in yolks. Divide batter between ramekins.

Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Bake cakes until puffed and dry and cracked on top and 
tester inserted into center comes out with some wet batter attached.  About 20 minutes,
(23 minutes if batter has been chilled). Cool 10 minutes. 

Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.

Enjoy!

You still have time to enter the Ramsign giveaway here,
until Saturday February 2nd @ midnight.

Have a delightful weekend, sweet friends!

Sharing over at:
Mangia Mondays here
Dog Days of Winter LOVE it Challenge here

22 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

yummy!!!! looks good!

Nat said...

Yumm! I just had dinner at a co-workers house and her husband made these for us and they were to die for- I need to make these myself.

Cindy @ a curious gardener said...

Have never made these before, need to! Love your styling.

Luci @Bungalow At Home said...

Sinful!!
Just pinned this Pam for later in the month...

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I've been married for 21 years, do I still need to do this?

Dana Frieling said...

You're not helping my 'no sweets' streak. Trying to hold out 'til V-day. Maybe I can get John to make this for me as my reward. ha!

Lori said...

My mouth is watering! Your styling belongs in a cookbook or magazine.

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

Molten chocolate cake is my absolute favorite! Although I may not be able to wait a day to eat them! :)

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

IS THIS HEAVEN....IF NOT IT SHOULD BE

reFresh reStyle said...

Thank you so much! I love this, but did not have an easy recipe :)
Debbie

Shauna@Satori Design for Living said...

I make something like this and my family loves it. We're away for Valentine's Day this year so I'm not doing too much at home for it. Cocktails on the beach are probably as good as it gets anyway! Enjoy your weekend!

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Sounds so good and easy!

Anonymous said...

Hi, just discovered your blog via better after. Great images and diy projects! Now a follower :)

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

This is one of my all time favorite desserts, Pam. And I love your beautifully styled photo with the Scrabble letters, you could be a food magazine stylist!!!

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

I am so making these..... yum!

Sew a Fine Seam said...

Yum. Yum. Yum. Might have to go bake.

erica said...

wow! such a pretty dessert! xx

Gypsy Heart said...

Beautiful! My grands love this dessert but hey, don't we all? :)

Pat

Regina said...

No flour at all in these?

pam {simple details} said...

Hi Regina! Correct, there is no flour!

FallingXmoment said...

Hi guys. Where to buy high-quality chocolate as a gift for your wife?

Henryx said...

Hi and thanks for a great article. I want to tell you about one site where I often buy chocolate gifts for my loved ones, take a look at https://chocolateandlove.com. Their products are the best I have ever bought. Be sure that your loved one will also appreciate this product. It is very useful and also beautifully packaged, making it the perfect gift. good luck to you friend and loved one too.

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover