Tuesday, August 12, 2014

ikea henriksdal chair...


I'm back sharing another Ikea favorite today.
Oh my goodness, you guys, I couldn't believe it when I realized I'd never done a post
 on the Ikea Henriksdal Chair. It's one of my go-to dining chairs that I always suggest to
 clients for it's all around function, great style and adaptability.

Machine Washable Floor length slip cover is included
Solid Birch Legs
$89

As with all of Ikea's slip covered pieces additional covers are available.
Shorter slip covers are available for The Henriksdal in a variety of colors for $39.
This style gives it a more modern tailored look.

Take a peek at some of the ways you could incorporate them in a dining room or at a desk.
I love the idea of customizing them with a trim detail, or coordinating band at the bottom.



frugal-finds.net
crateandbarrel.com 
decorpad.com
  ikeafamilylivemagazine.com
countrysally.blogspot.com
skonahem.com
fortheloveofahouse.blogspot.com
 
brookegiannetti.typepad.com
yummydecor.com

Yes, you can have white chairs in the dining room! If you've never tried slip covers,
 Ikea's are great quality for the price, and launder nicely.

 If you're an Ikea fan you can find more of my favorites here,
and if not, you become one when you see these awesome items:

Salong White Vase

23 comments:

Kristin@bliss-athome.com said...

I love those with the arms and the full chair cover. So versatile too! xoxo

Calypso In The Country said...

They are great chairs...in fact I am sitting on mine in my office at this very moment! I have the one without the skirt. Great images of them in dining rooms!
-Shelley

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

Love these chairs, especially with the long slip covers!

Unknown said...

Love the armchairs. Does Ikea make these as well? I couldn't find it on their website. If not, perhaps you could do a post of affordable ones. Thanks, love your blog.

Brandi said...

I've always loved this chair. I considered them for my dining room, but decided on metal instead. Your inspiration pictures have given me a few ideas on how to mix them up!!

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

I love the idea of adding a band around the bottom. These dining rooms are so pretty, too.

Simply LKJ said...

We purchased two for the heads of our dining room table, mixed with our sea grass chairs. I had them monogrammed as well. We love them!!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

You can never go wrong with that chair. It looks great everywhere.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

You know I am a huge fan of the Henriksdal chairs, we have two as host chairs in our dining room. It's such a shame that Ikea discontinued the armchairs though, for the life of me I can't understand why they did that. I love the look of the slipcovers in the first photo, slightly wrinkled, with the band around the bottom, casual elegance at it's finest!! XOXOXOXO

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT "IKEA"!

Haute Indoor Couture said...

I love those chairs, plus they are super comfortable. I used them in a client project and we monogramed them!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

For the Love of a House is one of my favorite kitchens ever!

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

I love seeing your ikea posts! I never knew those chairs came from there!

Carrie said...

Great chairs and inspiration photos! Very versatile!

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

These are such fab chairs...and they look amazing. I love the idea of adding trim or a band at the bottom. What a chic look!

Vel Criste said...

Love your examples here Pam! But I may have to still hold off on the white for a while, esp. with my new baby coming soon. ;-)

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Great buy....you cant go wrong!

efc0001 said...

I love the ones with arms but did not see those on Ikea website. Do you know if those are the same chairs with some modification?

Unknown said...

I love this chair- we have 2 and there are lots of websites that sell slipcovers to fit this IKEA chair. Beautiful examples Pam! xo Nancy

pam {simple details} said...

Maria and Elizabeth - they did have the armchairs, but they were discontinued about five years ago. :(

Unknown said...

Could someone tell me if the long slipcovers for the HENRIKSDAL chair seems to fit REALLY tight? I purchased 6 with the long slipcovers and I had to really pull to get them on. it looks really tight on the back and makes a line where the back ends before the legs began. I just want to make sure these weren't somehow defective. Love the help! :)

pam {simple details} said...

Hi Kirsten ~ Yes, they're very hard to get on, but stretch out quickly and will be fine.

Unknown said...

Thank you for your response Pam! I just wanted to make sure :) Best!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover