Wednesday, December 11, 2013

on my thrifting list...candles en masse

I thought it would be fun to start a new series...
'on my thrifting list'
I often see beautiful inspiration photos of items that I frequently come across while thrifting,
but...
 they don't look like the inspiration photos when I see them at the thrift store! 
 So I thought I'd share how my little mind works when I'm in thrifting mode.

In the spirit of the season, candles en masse is what's on my list this month,
and the goal is to collect a LOT to make a statement. 
Here goes.... 

How many times have you seen a lone brass candlestick at the thrift store for a steal?
What if you picked up ten, or twenty... 

cristaelyce.com

Ever see a candles in random odd hues for a steal?
What if you picked up ten or twenty?

 adropofpleasure.com

Or a glass hurricane? Everywhere for a dime a dozen...

 stylemepretty.com

Would you pass up one of these as too ornate or dated?
A collection looks classic...

courtney engstrom

More brass candlesticks...

desiretoinspire.com

You can never have too many simple inexpensive votives...
(I think my boys lit about 50 for me at my party last week)


villaonetwenty.com

Garage sales are awesome for finding boxes of tapers...

 



That's how it will work...I hope it's helpful and inspiries you to try your luck and
have fun thrifting - warning, it can be highly addictive!!

One more thing - Keep a 'thrifting list'
  I keep mine in 'Notes' on my phone, so I'm never without it. 


22 comments:

MONICA LIVAS said...

Dreamy!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

A list? That is an organizational skill that I don't possess. Beautiful pictures.

Unknown said...

One can never have enough candles and youre right the more the better! That way you can mix all kinds of stems and votives and the total affect is stunning! Have a great week. xo Nancy

Dana Frieling said...

I love getting a little peek into the inner workings of your brain!

Luci @Bungalow At Home said...

I've been thinking of writing this exact post after seeing all these Brass candlesticks at thrift stores not getting any love but you beat me to it:)

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

I did buy a ton of brass candle sticks. Love them grouped together!
That mantel is gorgeous!

A room with a view said...

I love the idea behind this series, Pam! And I am big on candle holders of all types. Great inspiration - the brass ones: those magnificent silver stands are quite stunning. I do also like repurposing bottles to use as candle holders.

Calypso In The Country said...

They all look so pretty grouped together! I keep so many lists on my phone in the Notes section. I really couldn't stay organized without it!
Cheers! - Shelley

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Okay you are totally inspiring me today. I have three bay windows to decorate and they are HARD. They can look too cluttered, but I love the idea of grouping glass hurricanes en masse - how beautiful would that be for our Christmas Eve party? I do see glass vessels all the time on my thrift store rounds……hmmmmmmmmmmm. Forget Christmas shopping - I'm thrifting today!! Thank you darling!

Cassie Bustamante said...

i just love groupings of candles and candlesticks! so romantic and cozy!

Unknown said...

Such an impact when grouped. Thanks for the training, Pam!

Lori

Vel Criste said...

Did you see my post on collections? I displayed my brass candlesticks en masse and I love them! Check them out when you have the time, kept them too for the holidays! Love that their so affordable and are everywhere!

Stacey {steward of design} said...

I was just coveting this look of a huge group of candles together but do you have tips of where's the cheapest place to find bigger pillar candles? Love your inspirational photos!

Kristin@bliss-athome.com said...

So pretty! Love candles grouped together like this. xo Kristin

Cindy @ a curious gardener said...

You have great ideas, Pam! Love the inspirations. Never thought to buy candles at a thrift store. Hate paying retail for pillars especially, when they usually do not burn well. I still love lots of Ikea votives on a dining table mixed with greens and flowers. Thanks for sharing!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love the look of a gorgeous collection of candles and I am in love with that amazing mantel!!!

Unknown said...

Wow, those brass candlesticks look amazing en masse. Stealing that idea, Pam!! Hope you're enjoying the season so far!

therelishedroost said...

I love a grouping of candles and all of these are fantastic!!!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

I always have to borrow my Mom's brass candlesticks, I need to round up some of my own! Great idea to keep your list on your phone, I never remember everything I'm keeping an eye out for!

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

love the idea Pam! The collection of brass candlesticks would make a lovely statement!

Dwellings by DeVore said...

Great inspiration! I was just thinking about how I need to pick up more brass candlestick holders. They look so pretty as part of a table setting!

Unknown said...

I started collecting odd crystal & glass candleholders this year. The collection is growing rapidly. We had two elderly widowers for lunch today & they loved my candle display, to the point that as their wives have passed and don't entertain anymore, they are gifting them to me! My Christmas buffet this year will look divine!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover