Sunday, December 8, 2013

diy sequin pillow...simple bling!

Hey, everyone ~ hope you had a cozy weekend curled up by a fire if you were in the path
 of that freezing blast of winter. We braved single digit temps and went out for our usual
 Friday night dinner, after negotiating we settled on Thai food. My sweet mom cooked for
 us on Saturday night, and sent us home with enough yummy leftovers that I didn't have
 to cook Sunday either, so I had time to diy this blingy sequin pillow. :)


If you missed the diy urchins last week, they are super easy, too!


I wanted something new to go with the Pottery Barn Poinsettia knock-off pillows I
 made last year. It was a quick, unchallenging little project - my favorite, and I used items I
 already had, that means it was free! 
A scrap of burlap fabric, a package of sequins in two sizes, my glue gun, and my favorite
  Ikea down pillow form

The instructions for making the pillow are the same as this one for the
Pottery Barn Poinsettia tutorial, except you glue sequins on the front.



 1) Cut your burlap to desired size.
2) Place paper under burlap to catch glue that seeps through.
3) Apply glue to back of sequin and attach to the burlap in desired pattern.
4) With right sides facing each other sew the sides of the pillow, leaving one
 side open to insert the pillow form. 

That's it!

*********************** 

I'm thrilled to be included in this tour with a host of awesome bloggers,
 and can't wait to see their homes, I know they've all been hard at work
to bring us some fabulous inspiration!   

The 12 Days of Christmas Tour of Homes

Jenny @ Evolution of Style  kicks off the tour starting today!!


I'll be joining in the fun crafty party,
Holiday Cheer in the Blogosphere
with Micaela @ Michaela Noelle Designs & Cassie @ Hi Sugarplum 


22 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love the pillow, Pam. Looking forward to your tour.

Kim said...

I love burlap ... and with a little bling, even better!! Looking forward to your tour! xo

Jenny said...

Burlap and Bling - what more could a girl need? Can't wait to see your tour!

A room with a view said...

Love the poinsettia pillow from last year and the sparkly one is perfect next to it this year! Thanks for sharing, Pam!

Cassie Bustamante said...

i love this idea! i am always up for some bling!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Love your blingy pillow and all of your little sneak peeks make me dying to see more!

Vel Criste said...

Anthter fantastic bling-for-your-buck project Pam?!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Dana Frieling said...

So cute, creative friend!

Unknown said...

I love the green and the shine it adds- the perfect amount of bling. Thanks for sharing!


Lori

decordelirium said...

Love the pillow Pam! I have been wanting some sequins in my home to to add some sparkle. I bought a sequin tank top the other day for super cheap and am going to make a pillow (using my very mimimal sewing skills!) Love yours!

Jennifer@decoratingdelirium.com

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Your burlap pillow is so sweet.

Dwellings by DeVore said...

love it Pam! So fun and just enough bling!

Khammany said...

Pam I love this!!! It looks so glam and I love the green (my favorite color)!

Unknown said...

Good luck with your holiday reveal! Love all you do for the seasons and can't wait to see this one. Have a wonderful week Pam, and your pillow is darling! xo Nancy

Sew a Fine Seam said...

So cute and fun Pam! I love using hot glue - stuff comes together so quick and you can create some amazing stuff with it!

Unknown said...

The pillow turned out fabulous! Great idea!
House cleaners

Unknown said...

No sew-- This is my kind of project! Great job, Pam.

Unknown said...

Very cute! Glue gun? I'm sold:)

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

That is such a fun little project!! I have been hot glueing everything in site for a week straight - adding this one to the list! Thanks my friend!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Beautiful Pam!..just the right bling!

Becky M said...

Love this! And it looks so easy!

agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I've been looking for an easy Christmas pillow idea and I love yours!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover