Tuesday, December 17, 2013

my neighbor christmas gifts...homemade cookie dough


Thank you all so much for following along on the 12 Days of Christmas Tour, and for
your sweet comments ~ they truly make my day!
 Today I'm sharing the gifts I gave to some of our neighborhood friends. I love having
 homemade frozen cookie dough in the freezer ready to pop in the oven at a moment's
 notice - if company drops by, after school snack, a quick pick me up,
 really, who needs a reason for warm cookies?!   
Pretty packaging is half the fun, too! 


Theses great boxes are available at The Container Store here.
Every family got a block of Peanut Butter Cookie dough and
 Chocolate Chip Cookie dough. 


After making your favorite cookie recipe, use a spatula to mold your dough
into a nice block that will fit in half of the box.  


I made two batches of each type of cookie dough and divided it among three
boxes, each family received 2/3 a batch of Peanut Butter and 2/3 a batch of
Chocolate Chip. I kept the dough refrigerated, and recommend putting it in
a freezer bag if you won't be baking them for an extended time.


Wrap in parchment paper and secure with twine and a tag with baking instructions.


I got a text earlier tonight, someone has already been indulging and they were a hit! 

Don't forget to stop by and check out Christmas Home Tour
Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door is up today, fun and festive with a dose of
hip traditional is her style - I'm anxious to see what she's been up to.

Click on the graphic to visit her:



24 comments:

The enchanted home said...

I am most impressed! Gorgeous presentation.....

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

This is an awesome idea! And such a pretty way to give it too!

Unknown said...

The perfect neighbor gift Pam! And of course the packaging is devine. I have been whipping up a special gift as well and tho I may not get around to sharing my holiday home on the blog this year, I hope to get this little treat up soon!!!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

I love this idea! And such beautiful presentation!

Linda said...

I will be stealing this idea!

Unknown said...

what a great idea! i love how it looks all packaged up!

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Pam...that was such a good idea....I hope someone gives me that...I don't have time to make home made cookies and there's nothing better tasting than that!

Cassie Bustamante said...

this is a fabulous idea!!!! LOVE!

cindy hattersley design said...

I wish I were your neighbor! What a lovely idea and beautifully packaged!

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

Awesome idea and so cutely packaged! I would gain 5 lbs if I were your neighbor...

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

What an awesome idea Pam...you have them wrapped beautifully!!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Fantastic idea! Not sure it would get baked around here...we like the dough!

Unknown said...

Definitely stealing this idea! LOVE IT! :)

hundresses said...

Great idea!

Tiffany said...

That's another idea I'm stealing;). I usually bake cookies from my great grandmother's recipe. It's a major pain in the behind though because they're a bit involved. I also made pumpkin cream cheese truffles this year for the neighbors. I really need to simplify my game a bit! You really can't beat chocolate chip cookies, baked or not.

therelishedroost said...

So sweet, not if only I had neighbors!! I love this idea!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Oh my gosh - you are the best neighbor on top of everything else???????? You never cease to amaze me. I love the pretty boxes, and what a good idea to give it to them in a block. I have frozen individual unbaked cookies before but I like this method better….the dough can be sliced and baked. So smart and beautiful presentation!

Leslie said...

such a great idea Pam! the most time consuming part is making the dough.. so nice to have that ready to go.

A room with a view said...

I love the Container Store and all the wrapping and packaging they offer. You are a wonderful neighbor, I am sure, and no surprise your gift is so appreciated, Pam.

Andrea said...

Love this idea! You win neighbor of the year award.

Unknown said...

Fantastic gift idea Pam. Your packaging is so creative; anyone would love to receive this. Ive been baking my head off and would love to eliminate a step! Fresh baked cookies are better anyway. Thank you for your wonderful support this year dear friend, and I wish you and your family the best of holidays. xoxo Nancy

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

I love how you have the cookie dough wrapped. I bet your neighbors are going to love them.

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

love your gift idea Pam, and who cannot use an extra batch of cookie dough over the holidays!? too cute in that packaging too!

Unknown said...

Those kind of sweet presents will surely make the receiver joyful, I love your idea.
virginia moving companies

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover