Tuesday, February 4, 2014

a reader's home...

Imagine my surprise when I opened an email from a sweet reader, from Iowa 
yesterday and saw these chic photos of her home!!
She was so kind, offering to share her solutions for her narrow living room after reading
 about my friend's dilemma. She used the same inspiration room from Sally Wheat, and did 
an incredible job! I can definitely see similarities but love that she infused her own personality
 in her space. I knew you'd love to see it, and she graciously agreed...  


She was hoping for a mid-century piece to use as a buffet table but didn't have room.
I think her compromise is lovely and still allows for storage.


Great texture, variety of furniture styles, mixed metals, and combination of patterns. 


Her room is as functional as it is beautiful! She's incorporated plenty of seating,
and although unconventional I love that she thought outside the box and placed the
 chairs in front of her fireplace. It makes sense to do what works for you and your family,
this is a perfect example of an unexpected solution carried out well.  



Look at that gorgeous kitchen with black cabinets, tulip table, modern seating and 
dose of bling - the chandelier!! 
Also, did you notice the floor lamp next to the sofa, perfect scale!


This appears to be the formal living room on the main level.
Beautifully paired patterns on the pillows, and her adorable six year old Shih Tzu.


I'm sure you'll agree Angie has created a gorgeous home, she shares it with her
 husband and has two sons, one still at home.
She says, "More than anything I love to see normal people's homes."

Thanks so much, Angie ~ you're an inspiration! 


23 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

You have a very stylish reader!

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

So pretty! I want those leopard pillows!!!

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

Fun tour! I love getting peeks into people's homes.

Anonymous said...

So stylish. I think Angie needs to blog! xo

Unknown said...

How fun! Angie definitely has a fabulous sense of style, she has even incorporated Radian Orchid and I'll bet she did that ahead of the trend/color of the year announcement.

Kristin@bliss-athome.com said...

She did great! Good style! xo Kristin

Dana Frieling said...

Angie did an awesome job of mixing styles. Her floor lamp is killer and I love how she even made the dog bed look stylish! Lucky pup. :)

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

How fun for her to share her home. Yes, looks like this is a beautiful home with great style.

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Beautiful! Actually it looks so much like your style I would have thought you had lots of input on the room! Loving her mix of pillows and that round tufted ottoman.

Vel Criste said...

Aren't we all 'normal'?! hahaha! Love it Pam, Angie did such a terrific job and her home is just well-thought-of and has the right amount of glam! Love the mix of textures all around the home as well. Thank you for sharing your home to us!!!!!

Thehouseofhampton said...

I enjoy seeing beautiful homes with professional shots for inspiration. I really like seeing how real people live, finding solutions, and some personal style! This is a beautiful home, so well done, and inspiring. I love the use of color and can really appreciate the paint. I see balance and scale along with style! Thanks for sharing.
Sharon

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Fantastic room…love the colors and her wonderful style!!…I love what she said about loving to see "normal people's" homes!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

What a pretty home! I love the pops of purples and pink in the otherwise neutral space. I too love to see real spaces - maybe more readers will be inspired to send you their fabulous spaces after seeing this one!

Stacey said...

Wow, her home is beautiful! Great use of space and I love the purples that are added in. Seeing other people's homes is my favorite too. :)

Unknown said...

Angie has more than a flair... She has an eye for scale and proportion; and, equally important, she recognizes the need to think about the floor color. So many people do not take that into consideration... it is critical in creating a "finished" look. She pulled out touches... the leopard pillows on the sofa and chair, the breakfast room chairs, the gold pig. Also, kudos to her talents in not over accessorizing... just the right amount in the proper scale and composition! She created a wonderful sense of balance in scale and color. Bravo... Job well done, Angie! Thanks for sharing!
Judy G.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Wow! Angie has done a great job - I love how she mixed furniture styles. Kudos!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Beautiful home!!

Sarah @ Simply Sarah Style said...

Gorgeous! So well done.

Unknown said...

Lovely! Great balance.
Http://lifeimagined.org

Christina said...

I ran across her Pinterest account a while back, where she uploads her home photos. I sure do wish she had a blog, though! *hint hint* : )

Unknown said...

If you’re a business owner looking for bulk email accounts to boost your marketing efforts, the right agency can be a major asset. Buyemailaccount.com is the best bulk email accounts provider agency in the market. Buy email accounts with premium quality at an affordable price.
Buy Email Accounts
Buy Gmail Accounts
Buy Yahoo Accounts
Buy Outlook Accounts

Farstudio said...

What a blast! Angie's got a great eye for interior design, and she's even included a radian orchid, which I'm sure she did ahead of the announcement of the trend color

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover