Sunday, August 25, 2013

spinach and berries salad with dill...

Happy Monday morning! Is it just me or is anyone else already anxious for the upcoming
three day weekend? We had a great one, the highlights were a soccer tournament
 on Saturday and a family BBQ at my parents' home on Sunday. The lows - I missed out on
 the Craigslist headboard I mentioned, I reeeeealy wanted it and even emailed and offered
more than asking price...no reply. :(
Another highlight, I took photos of my client's kitchen, which was going to be today's post,
but after looking at them tonight the perfectionist in me decided the lighting would be better
at a different time of day, and we're going to try again tomorrow.
Since I'm feeling guilty the reveal has been dragging out here's a sneak peek for you.
Remember we resurfaced her counters using the Rustoleum Countertop Kit, we love them!


So...I decided to share the salad I took to our BBQ, it's one of our favorites for summer,
it would be perfect if you're planning on a Labor Day get-together.
It's so healthy, chock full of  super foods ~ spinach, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries,
and almonds with a tangy vinaigrette, but sweet enough that even those picky eaters that
protest veggies like it!
I tweak it a bit and serve with crunchy sugared almonds instead of toasted almonds.
 It's from one of the Junior League of Denver cookbooks, Colorado Colore.

Spinach and Berries Salad with Dill


Recipe here

Enjoy, and stop by tomorrow for the kitchen reveal (pinky swear)!


16 comments:

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't get the amazing headboard. It's so frustrating when people don't even reply, isn't it?
And the kitchen sneak peak looks amazing.
The salad is just what I will need when I return from Germany this week :) I have been eating like a pig and it needs to come to an end. Looks delicious!

Unknown said...

Love that salad and your weekend sounded great! I always rationalize that there must be something better out there for you if that one didn't make it home. You'll find another one. Good luck with the photos, I do that all the time. I need to try early AM light since Ive tried everything else. Have a great week Pam!
xoxo Nancy

Danielle said...

This sounds wonderful! x

Denise Greenwood said...

Bummer on the headboard :(. This salad sounds and looks super yummy!! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see the kitchen!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Denise just said exactly what I had in my head...bummer on the headboard! Strawberry spinach salad is one of my staples, but this one will be a great new twist! Can't wait until tomorrow!

Cassie Bustamante said...

so bummed on the headboard for you! i am going through the same thing here- have been searching for a sideboard for my dining room in a particular style and less than $100. found one last night that fits the bill perfectly but no word. :(

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Oh my dear, I'm so sorry about the headboard! Ahhhh well I'm sure something even more fabulous will come along. Your salad looks so good….I think I have to make that for lunch today!

Unknown said...

That salad looks perfect for the last few weeks of summer, although down here summer weather continues until the end of September. Excited for the kitchen reveal, Pam!!

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Pam..try taking your photos at the end of the day of the day...right before the sun goes down..or wait for an over cast day..that's what my professional photographer hubby tells me today..The salad looks wonderful!

René said...

Yes! Bring on the weekend! From what I see, the client reveal is going to be lovely!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for your help (and bravery!). I love the countertops- 200% improvement over the old ones. I'll be trying your salad this weekend.

Leslie said...

Hi Pam, This looks so good! One of my favorite salads is spinach with strawberries and pepias. So pretty and tasty. I'll have to try this recipe. Pretty presentation too:) Happy Monday!

Vel Criste said...

There'll be other headboards Pam, don't fret, and I'm sure if you don't find it, you can come up with something you can make!!!

Love spinach salads, and I have a favorite one of my own with craisins and almonds and feta! But this one looks simple and yum!!!! Thanks!

Dwellings by DeVore said...

so sad to hear about the headboard, that's always a bummer :( Looking forward to seeing that kitchen, the sneak peek looks great!

Cindy @ a curious gardener said...

Sorry about the tufted headboard, that is a piece I cannot imagine finding on our Craigslist! I know you will keep your radar on for something else nice. That countertop looks great, love putting off a big ticket item like that with an easy attractive fix.

Beautiful salad, I would have to add my favorite goat cheese. I always add just a touch of honey to dressings after noticing our family eats more salad that way. You are right, makes a difference to picky eaters palates.

Peggy said...

OH this salad sounds delicious! I have one of the older junior league recipe books... Creme de Colorado... and have found there are very few recipes which we don't absolutely love!

The countertop is wonderful! We have been contemplating doing this to our countertops but had not encountered anyone who had used this product. Can hardly wait to see the final reveal! Thank you so very much for sharing with us!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover