Tuesday, August 20, 2013

diy upholstered x bench...

Have I ever mentioned my love for helping people pull together all the elements
of creating a beautiful home ? Or my love for gold accents or leopard prints? :)
  I'm truly grateful for this little blog and all of the people I've come in contact with because
 of it, yesterday we put a few finishing touches on my client's home. They're ready for a fun
 weekend, packed with out-of-town family coming in to celebrate their sweet little one's first
 birthday. I haven't taken the final pictures yet, but it's bold and colorful and has me
 re-thinking my neutral ways. Here's another sneak peek.

Mr. Client helped out with another diy last week, he spruced up a pair of x-benches that I
 reupholstered with a coat of gold paint.



Before taking this photo I asked Mrs. Client if she had anything I could use for styling, a bag
 or shoes? She brings me designer shoes that are so cute no one is going to look at the bench!

BEFORE


We started with two of these X Benches and used 1/2 yard of fabric.
 It was a quick update, the leather seat easily unscrews from the base. 
If you can wrap a present you can do it! But here's how I get professional looking corners: 


After I've secured the fabric I cut out a small square to lessen the bulkiness at the corner,
then continue wrapping as you would a present and stapling at each step.


    



Ta Da!


Sorry, if you're reading this from an email it messes with my photo alignment
for some reason, you can always click on Simple Details in the title for a better view. 

         


There you go, a simple diy for the day!  




25 comments:

Thehouseofhampton said...

So that's how it's done! Perfection.....
Sharon
@novaraway

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Pam - absolutely gorgeous -
( the bench is awesome too lol )
XOXO

Sew a Fine Seam said...

Great looking benches! I love the gold paint with the leopard print :)

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

I've been contemplating a similar project for a client so i love seeing your real life results! So great!

Kristin@bliss-athome.com said...

I love x benches :) It turned out great Pam! xo Kristin

Unknown said...

I love this and I know your leopard touches will make this room complete! Can't wait to see it. Love the title for posts or a series Simple DIY's, no?
Have a great day Pam
xoxo Nancy

Cassie Bustamante said...

i love this! the gold and fabric are perfect together!

Jennifer@The Chronicles of Home said...

Pretty, pretty. Love an x-bench and loooove gold :)

High Cotton Style said...

Such a great transformation!

Unknown said...

So pretty and so very Pam (it even holds its own against the lovely Louboutins!)

Lori

Vel Criste said...

Super glammed up stool Pam!!!! Love the gold and the leopard together!

Price Style & Design said...

I love X benches! They always looks so great! These are so cute. Thanks for sharing!

Tara {The Silver Lining} said...

That bench looks amazing! Thanks for showing us how to get such an expensive look and for professional corners. I'm filing this idea for my living room.

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

pam - once again, bravoooo! i have seen some real fugly x-bench redos, and this is NOT one of those. i love it, especially that paint job!!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Impressive shoes, Mrs. client. Great 1, 2, 3 DIY post.

Pat@Life At Lydias House said...

Great post and great update on the bench. I can't wait to see the complete reveal since I love color!!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Fantastic....Perfect for MC! Will have him check it out and then I'll go and buy those shoes!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Leopard and gold...what could be better? Love this project and can't wait to see the rest of the house!

Dwellings by DeVore said...

Gold and animal print are always a classy choice! They look great!

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

What a gorgeous combination! I want it for my home ;)

Unknown said...

Oh yay!! And you painted it gold!!

Unknown said...

What a great makeover on this X-bench Pam! I have been eyeing those to do a makeover on.

Deb said...

Love the colors, but isn't that silver, not gold? Can you give me the color paint regardless? Thank you!

pam {simple details} said...

Sorry for the late reply Deb - it's Rustoleum Metallic Gold spray paint. Thanks! Btw, if you didn't realize you're a no reply which means I don't have an email address to reply to your comment. Thanks!

Chelsea said...

Okay I see that spray paint color did you have to sand that or prime it before you painted it? I just bought those benches and a beautiful cowhide that I'm going to use for the top but I might want to make sure to get that Gold paint right. Chelseabwood at gmail dot com

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover