Thursday, August 29, 2013

lamps plus holiday challenge...clear fillable lamp

I know you think I've lost it, but I vow to be organized and on top of things for the
 holidays this year, so I'm getting my sparkle on a tad early!
hahahaha! :)
Actually, I'm so excited to be part of the Lamps Plus and Hometalk Holiday Challenge,
several bloggers were given a Fillable Clear Glass Ovo Lamp and challenged to decorate
 it for the holidays. I started out with elaborate plans to make my lamp shine and sparkle,
but came to my senses and thought like a frenzied, busy person decorating in December
 and knew you'd probably appreciate an idea for 'quick and simple sparkle' instead!




 


Did you figure out my simple secret filler?



Supplies:

1 - 6' Sequined Garland
Sequins in assorted sizes and colors, white thread, needle, glue gun 


Remove bottom plate, insert garland, replace plate!
Time elapsed - 5 minutes! :) 


Using the needle and white thread, string any pattern and length of sequins, adhere to
top edge of shade toward the inside with a small dot of hot glue.
 If you glue a few strings together at the same time it goes quickly.


I LOVE this versatile lamp, it's the equivalent of a neutral sofa, you can easily change up
your look with a few tweaks! A huge thank you to Lamps Plus and Hometalk for the
beautiful lamp and opportunity to participate.
Three lucky challenge winners will receive $500 to spend at Lamps Plus!

Check out the amazing ideas these bloggers came up with:

Amy @ The Blissful Bee  - Casual Coastal Christmas
Tammy @ Deja Vue Designs - Woodland Christmas
Melissa @ Daisy Mae Belle - Snowman Lamp
Vanessa @ At the Picket Fence - Etched Glass Snowflake Lamp
Barb @ The Everyday Home - There's SNOW Place Like Home
Jessica @ Stay at Home-ista - Hannukah
Roeshel @ DIY Showoff - I Spy a Winter Wonderland
Claire @ Rustic Pig Designs - Visions of Suglarplums
Kristin @ Bliss at Home - Happy New Year
Sonya @ At Home with the Barkers - Guide My Sleigh Tonight
Paula @ Sweet Pea - A Touch of Vintage
Cristina @ Remodelando la Casa - Poinsettia Arrangement
Decorating Ideas Made Easy - Snow Village
Janel @ Nellie Bellie - New Year's Eve
Danielle @ Storypiece - Winter Wonderland
Katie @ Decorate my Life -Sleigh Bells Ring
Megan @ Balancing Home - Silver and Gold
Kathryn @ The Dedicated House - Wintry Woods
Tanya @ Twelve-O-Eight -Countrified Holiday
Jessica @ Mom 4 Real - Holiday Lamp
Christina @ Homemade Ocean - Merry and Bright
Yvonne @ Stone Gable - Poinsettias in the Snow
Laura @ Finding Home -Reindeer Lamp
Laurel @ A Bubbly Life - Gold and Glitter

Good luck everyone!

   

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is pretty. Keeping it simple gives it a big impact. I like your entire display, it looks very sophisticated.

Scrappy Pink Corner said...

Very nice. Love all the sparkly sequins inside and the way you put in on the lamp shade. Love it. I visited each one of the blogs you have listed and loved Barb's at The everyday home. Very nice. TFS> ana

Cassie Bustamante said...

so cute! i especially love what you did with the shade!

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

What a cool idea! It looks so pretty.
I so enjoyed seeing what everybody did with their lamps.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I love the green sparkle in that lamp. This would look great in a teen's room all year long. Fun!

Unknown said...

Hi Pam - Love how fast you put this display up and just the right amount of sparkle without going overboard. Loved seeing all the others as well. Great ideas.

Mary @ Orphans With Makeup

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I like easy holiday decorating ideas like this. That lamp with it's sparkle would be so cute on a foyer table, or buffet table for holiday entertaining. Thanks for sharing your creative idea!

Kristin@bliss-athome.com said...

Fun Pam :) So great to see everyone's designs :) xo Kristin

Calypso In The Country said...

I love it - so sparkly and fun! I love seeing what everyone did with these lamps!
-Shelley

Unknown said...

It's beginning to look a lot like...I love the versatility of the lamp and your fun holiday sparkle. I'm adding this lamp to my list. Thanks for being practical on the amount of time needed!

Lori

Denise Greenwood said...

So simple and sparkly!! love it :)

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

What a versatile piece that would be, and even pretty if left alone! Loved your sparkly spin on this project. I can't even think about Christmas yet!

Dana Frieling said...

Jingle bells, jingle bells...it's never too early to start thinking about Christmas! Cute ideas!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Love your version!
A few years ago I entered a similar contest. My version was the base filled with crystals. Fun lamp!

Cristina Garay said...

Hi Pam, I love the design you created on the shade! Indeed...Simple and sparkly!
I hope you don't mind me copying the links to all the other projects.

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

I love this idea.... so festive! Although, I have to admit that you have me hyperventilating a bit for thinking about the holidays already! Can't wait to catch up on all your great projects!

Unknown said...

Looks beautiful, I'll have to check out the other finished products!

Dwellings by DeVore said...

What a fun challenge and cute little lamp!

Unknown said...

Doesn't get better than quick, easy and beautiful! Looks great on your gorgeous sideboard too!

Unknown said...

Green is my favorite color! Your lamp looks awesome. ~Sonya

Unknown said...


Wow! Now thats what is called as a GREEN Bling bling move... The lamp looks so nice and it really can add grace to any room.

It is a must DIY for any experimental lover. Must-do!
Question: Can I fill it up with something else than green?

Love & hugs
jessica x

Helen said...

I have purchased from Lamps plus in the past and have been very pleased. Their website is very user friendly, so that's a great place to start. Ordering is also super easy. Then they deliver quickly and they get the order right, all at a very reasonable cost. I had a problem with a shade of theirs once. I called, and spoke to an actual human being who resolved everything for me and sent me a new shade, no problem, and it arrived promptly, even with all the supply chain problems that seem to plague everyone else right now. What more can I ask for!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover