Sunday, January 15, 2012

dining room ceiling

Good Morning!
Ahh, one more day of the long weekend.
Not the best weekend for Bronco fans, but we still love Tim Tebow,
 and are thankful to have such an amazing role model!
No skiing - despite all the photos of snow on my blog, there's not much!
 
Onto design...
I finished painting the dining room...navajo white is exactly the look I was hoping for,
yay for boring!
 
 

I've always wanted to do something unique with the tray ceiling in the room,
remember this post about adding color to your ceiling.
 As much as I loved the inspiration photos, it wasn't quite what I had in mind
 and then I saw this...

IMG_1542 
 
 
The bold modern pattern was the perfect solution to give my neutral room some
 p  i  z  a  z  z
I followed kara paslay designs tutorial by making an octagon pattern...
 
 

and transferring it to the wall (like Kara did here) or ceiling in my case.

IMG_5301

Not quite as easy on the ceiling, I decided it was best to begin in the center and
work toward the edges, it wasn't matching up as perfectly easy as this photo makes it look.

  So, I decided I should tell you I was doing it so I couldn't give up!


Kara used foil tape for hers. I decided my love for nailheads would give it the
unique twist I was aiming for, and make it more complicated,
 turning the fun, quick project into a nightmare one requiring a tad more patience!



I don't have the pattern completed yet, but this is the inspiration to
keep me going!


I'm not promising nailheads, you may see gold foil tape in the end!
Any bets?


18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think your paint colour is boring at all. You certainly know how to make work for yourself with your ceiling project! Impressive so far, I can't wait to see more.

Holly Gruszka said...

I've been admiring Navajo White and really think it's great. Definitely on my list for our someday house! I really thought you busted out a ceiling stencil in a weekend...but I'm excited to see how this ends up and a unique twist I might add.

SHERRY HART said...

OK girl......you bit off a big piece with this project!! On a ceiling no less. I am loving this though. It must be hard on your neck so we will all wait patiently for the reveal :)

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Pam your dining room looks far from boring! I LOVE the new color and can't wait to see the ceiling finished!!

Carly Haslee said...

Oh my gosh, what a big yet seriously amazing task you have at hand. I will be sending the best vibes I can find your way because I think the completed look will be truly unbelievable. Possibly my favorite project yet. I hope Mr. Simple is coming in every 30 minutes for a little neck massage...

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

ok that is going to be amazing!! The paint color looks awesome too, nice and clean against the white trim. I hope you finish it, but I give you tons of credit for the idea in the first place! Agreed with Carly, I hope lots of neck massages are coming your way!!

Dana Frieling said...

You MUST keep going! Brilliant idea, my friend. The texture it will bring into your room would be such an added bonus. Cheering you from afar!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Oh, you are ambitious! I think just painting a ceiling is hard enough, but spending all that time on that detail? You win the gold star! Love the new color and excited to see more!

Lori said...

Oh my goodness, Pam. You had me at the new paint and now that beautifully unique nailhead design! I lost bragging rights for simply removing my own popcorn. You can do anything! Think "Massage Envy!"

LAA said...

You and Leonardo da Vinci! So beautiful. You are in a league of your own, Pam!

natasha {schue love} said...

OH you're so close! It's going to look amazing! And I think we have that same color paint throughout our house! :)

Diana @ Your Day Simplified said...

Oooh, the nailhead trim is going to be so unique and awesome! I'll be interested to hear how much work it is. I hope it goes smoothly. Good on ya!

Calypso In The Country said...

Pam, I think the color looks perfect! It's light but just enough for the moldings to stand out. And I am impressed with your ceiling project! Can't wait to see the finished room! I hope your neck doesn't get sore!
-Shelley

debbie refresh restyle said...

That's a lot of work, but I'm sure it will be beautiful! Love the color and be careful up there!
Debbie

Traci said...

As an LSU & Saints fan, I know how you feel. It was an atrocious weekend for Louisiana football. I love your room! The paint color is so pretty! I'm so happy to have the LSU room organized finally!

Lori @ Lori May Interiors said...

Oh my gosh Pam! I can't wait to see it completed. Great project!

Libby said...

Oh Pam... what an undertaking! Can't believe you have taken this on... and we are all waiting to see the finished result!
Thanks for stopping by today; hope to get to know you better.
btw: your dog is just so adorable!

Hyphen Interiors said...

I saw that project on Pinterest yesterday and was hoping I could think of a way to use it as it seems way more easy than a stencil. I love your application with the nailheads!! Cannot wait to see if finished.

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover