Saturday, November 8, 2014

paperwhites ~ it's time to plant & deal alert


Hey everyone, surprise a weekend post! 
I'm popping in quickly to let you know it's time to plant your paperwhites, and Lowes
 has just reduced them to 50% off. My bag of eight bulbs regularly $6.98 was $3.50,
 a steal for beautiful natural Christmas decor. They're in the section with the tulip bulbs.


Last year I planted mine in inexpensive Ikea stainless steel bowls that I spiffed up with
 gold paint and a gold base here


If you need pretty inspiration for planting ideas you can find it in a post I did 
last year here.

Btw, I share these kinds of tips on Instagram whenever I run across them,
if you'd like go here to follow along.

Enjoy the weekend, friends! 



I
   

10 comments:

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Thanks for reminding us it is time-I was too late planting last year and missed them so much.
Heading that way now, thanks again.
Jemma

Libby said...

I just planted by first batch last week: see my Instagram! My one word of caution would be that bulbs on discount..or at big box stores…tend to either not grow well, or not grow at all. I've now come to only buy from the best sources: you pay a bit more but you're just about guaranteed big, beautiful flowers! And, see my helpful hint here to keep them from falling over as they get tall: http://www.libbywilkiedesigns.com/2013/12/how-to-grow-paperwhite-narcissus-bulbs.html
Yes! Give them a drink of alcohol… it really does work!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Thanks for the reminder Pam...I have so love your gorgeous paperwhites!

Julie said...

You're like a really great designer alarm clock, Pam :) I wouldn't have even thought about paperwhites in all of the Thanksgiving hubbub...thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder, Pam! You always keep us on track!

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Thanks for the tip. I'll make a trip to Lowes today!

Dwellings by DeVore said...

I definitely need to do this this year!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Thanks for the reminder! I've always wanted to try them out!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I love your reminders! What would I do without you? Just added this to my to-do list for the day. :)

admin said...

google 911
google 912
google 913
google 914
google 915

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover