Tuesday, October 21, 2014

fresh modern teen girl's room


I can't tell you how much I delighted in doing this pink girly room, being a boy
mom has its advantages, :) but I miss out on this kind of fun. I got giddy when
 the chance to help out with a sweet girl's room presented itself. She has a great eye
 and flair for design, and was involved in all the choices for her new room. 
  

BEFORE:
This isn't a true before, we'd already moved the bed when I took photos,
it was parallel to, and pushed against the light green wall. 


AFTER:
Her mom (aka my One Room Challenge friend) painted a bamboo desk we scored
 on Craigslist, and added new brass hardware. We incorporated my favorite Ikea
work lamp and a ghost chair to create a stylish mix . 


BEFORE:
Again, we were already trying some new purchases (mirror and lamps) when I 
took these photos.


By removing the foot board we gave the space a more open feel, and the old
bed an updated look.


Do you guys remember my post last year when this bamboo dresser was tossed
 to the curb in front of our elementary school? I had no where for it, but Sarah loved
 it, and thought it looked too formal for her room in it's original state. We were
hesitant to paint it, but given the top was in really bad shape we opted for bright pink,
 and found the hardware at our local Re-Store for $1.50 each.  

  

She wanted a glam lucite lamp, we found the perfect one at Homegoods and added
the Greek key trim for a pop of color. 
We included sheer curtain panels with a faint curved pattern to soften the straight lines
 of the windows, bookcases and desk.



She's quite the artist, and we wanted to use pieces she'd done for a small gallery
wall above her bed. She requested it not be too busy, we kept a clean, simple feel
by using white frames and mats and limiting the colors. 


We included her original elephant drawing and cherry blossom painting.


She and her mom were inspired by the whimsical illustrations on this journal 
(with no copyright or any information on it all) and had it copied to frame. 


We lined the backs of her two white bookcases, flanking the windows, with
 green paper in a subtle pattern. 


We love the overall fresh and modern atmosphere with a little pizzazz!


Thank you so much for letting me share your home,
sweet friends! 

Stop by and check out the inspiration at:
Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Feature Friday here

29 comments:

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

Love it! That dresser is so fabulous and I love the bed without the footer

Dana Frieling said...

Looks like this came straight off the pages of Pottery Barn's catalog! She must be thrilled!!

René said...

Love it Pam!

Denise Greenwood said...

So, so cute Pam! Love the bright girly colors!

Cassie Bustamante said...

such a fun space and mix of color!

Anonymous said...

Such a great space!! What color did you use on the accent wall?

Susanne said...

So nice and fresh! Would love to do something like this for my daughter's room as well. She has a bed very similar and I wonder what you used instead of the end board as legs for the bed since it's one piece? Also, the chair is fantastic, love those glassy looking ones.

Pat@Life At Lydias House said...

Wow! I love a room with color! This one is so full of energy! Well done!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Wow this is so, so pretty! I love how you treated the room, the colors, art, and removing the foot board, well....genius!

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the pink dresser!

Simply LKJ said...

What a fun teen room! Love all the vibrant colors!!

decordelirium said...

I have two girls, so this provides so much inspiration! I love the pops of color and the bamboo dresser!!

Dwellings by DeVore said...

Beautiful! That dresser was such a great find. The bright fun color looks great on it!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

So girlie and colorful and fun! Love what you've done, Pam, and that bamboo chest is just too good!

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam,

Her room is adorable and I love the mix of colors that work beautifully together. She is a designer in the making and a great artist too. If she decides to sell any of her art (if I can afford it), I would love an elephant but with his trunk up for good luck. I never get one without the trunk up, just like a horseshoe must be pointed with the open part up to catch the good luck. Her cherry blossom is beautiful too. She has great taste as do you, Pam. The journal they had copied is so perfect with all the colors of the room, what a perfect find. I would definitely commission her for an elephant if she wants and you have my email Pam.

Calypso In The Country said...

So pretty! As a boy mom, I crave those fun, girly colors! Beautiful room!
Shelley

Mallory said...

Love it, Pam!! That pink bamboo chest is over the top good....you seriously have the best luck with finding diamonds in the rough!

Unknown said...

Oh Pam, the room turned out so fabulous! Just love the color combinations and that pink dresser is beyond amazing! You are the Craigslist Whisperer!!! High five!!

Unknown said...

What a perfect teen room Pam! Love your colors, all the details down to the bookcase paper and all the fun prints that draw your eye around the room. Great job!! Xo Nancy

Becky {This Is Happiness} said...

This room turned out super cute! Love the dresser! Such a fun space!!

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

How did I miss this post? What an awesome room! I love the mix of colors (especially the pink dresser!) and the great art wall above her bed. She is quite a talented little artist!

Vel Criste said...

Wow!!!!! I love the teal window wall too and the gallery wall behind the bed was placed so perfectly! love all the furniture updates as well! Great job you both!

Unknown said...

Pam what a fantastic transformation! I bet it was tricky to paint the bamboo dresser but it looks great & I'm sure she LOVES it! Beautiful design! XX jana

Brandi said...

OMG! I absolutely love this room! I recently re-did my daughter's room - or I should say we (my daughter and I) re-did her room. I was so excited to help make up it up the way a teenage girl's room should be made up. We picked out the new furniture and re-painted too. It was one of the better experiences I've had. Nice job on this room. It's beautiful!

Brandi Bradley @ Rotax Metals

SITES 2022 said...

Hi everyone, it’s my first go to see at this web page, and paragraph,
I am very satisfied with visiting here. Thank you for good content. And please visit my website as well.
온라인섯다

SITES 2022 said...

It’s actually a nice and useful piece of information.
I am glad that you simply shared this helpful information with us.
Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.
안전놀이터

SITES 2022 said...

With a lot of writing, you are moved a lot. I also have a lot of interactions with you, I want to feel alive and be happy, saying that I will be a good friend with you, and I will be very happy too. I hope there are always good things and happy days. I always cheered for you.
Thank you!
성인웹툰

SITES 2022 said...

Wow! This could be one of the most useful blogs we have ever come across on the subject. Actually excellent info! I’m also an expert in this topic so I can understand your effort.
Your good writing makes many people feel happy.
안전놀이터

DavidRSanchez451 said...

The bed is excellent! and I ADORE the bed's duvet! So adorable—I'm sure she adores it!
for more Info visit The Big Little Duvet Company Coupons

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover