Monday, June 3, 2013

catching up...

I'm taking a couple days off to get things in order around here.
We were home all of five minutes over the weekend and needless to say
my diy projects are starting to stack up...literally!

Four on my dining room table...

I did finish new cushions for the wicker settee, there is an unfinished lamp project,
two Ikea boxes with Barometer Lamps needing assembled and painted, and on top of
 those are two large shelf brackets for a diy I've been trying to figure out how to tackle,
 I noticed them at Home Depot the other day and I think they might be the ticket!
 I'm excited but will try very hard NOT start a new project until these are finished!


My back deck is good for a laugh...

This is nothing, there are more chairs on the grass in line to be painted, it was so gusty
all day I couldn't get to them. We were gifted a set of four big, cushy chairs when my
 parents recently bought new ones. I wasn't sure if it would look ok, six BIG chairs seemed
 like overkill, but after playing with arrangements I think they're going to be really nice. First
on the list is getting all of them painted black to coordinate with the rest of our deck furniture.

Mr. Simple said, "These are great, let's invite some friends over!"
Wow, what a perspective to look that mess and think, 'This is perfectly inviting let's have a BBQ!' 


The good news is I crossed my three window boxes off the list today!

Also, I kept forgetting to tell you all, remember the black secretary I found
on Craigslist and transformed, I sold it awhile back for $400.

And, Mary Ann @ Classic Casual Home, one of the nicest bloggers and a talented designer,
is having a giveaway today you don't want to miss, stop by here, it's for a wonderful cause! 

One more thing ~ thank you, thank you, thank you
 for stopping by my little part of the www.
 I truly appreciate all of your support and kindness!   


25 comments:

Scrappy Pink Corner said...

You surely do have a lot going on, but it will all work out at the end. PAtience is the only thing you need. I need that and also this yucky and horrible raining weather to go away. I have tons of painting to do on some furniture but the rain won't go away. Good luck on getting all the things you need done. Can't wait to see the finished projects. TFS. ana

Cassie Bustamante said...

i can't believe you sold the secretary!!!!! i loved it so much!!!! good luck with checking things off the list!

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

I know what the difference is with men and thinking of a BBQ when looking at the chairs. He wouldn't care if they'd be finished and we women do!
Good luck with your projects.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I love the grouping of chairs on the deck. It is going to be a real living room, outdoors. I wish I knew how to start and finish one project before I start another one. Good luck on that.

Luci @Bungalow At Home said...

I do the same thing Pam! I love the thrill of starting a new project and then I put it aside to start something else! It's a sickness:)

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I am so glad to see that I am not the only one with projects stacked up!!..Looks like you have some great projects in store for us to swoon over!

Unknown said...

Sounds like my life/house right now!!! Hurry up and get that deck together, a bbq sounds like just the thing to get your Summer started!!!!

Dana Frieling said...

No rush...you've got all summer! I like Mr.Simple's outlook. ;)

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

What great furniture...and nice parents. :) My list is similar. I often wonder what it would be like to have a day with literally nothing to do...no projects floating in my head...impossible I think.

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Are you sure you have enough going on????
That's wonderful about the black secretary! It was a great looking piece after you dressed it up!!!

Leslie said...

I'm in a similar mode Pam.. working, and have two weeks of company coming in. We put in a new powder room downstairs and I did a little Annie Sloan painting .. my hands are even tired! Our deck looked kinda like yours up until very recently. My daughters grad party is coming up so we've been forced to get things cleaned up! Have fun and good luck getting this done. xxL

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Pam, I love your husband's perspective! And he's right, because everything is NEVER going to be done, so you might as well just have a party!
{I love your dining room by the way. So bright and pretty!!}

Unknown said...

My "To Do" list is suffering from "end-of-the-school-year, too many activities, never home neglect!" To give your BBQ guests perspective in advance, they are welcome to stop by my garage for appetizers! Thank you for all of the time you devote to sharing, Pam!

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Pam...my list is so long...it gives me anxiety! Every room in my home is a project that is half done. Maybe the party will help motivate you to get everything done...even if your up all night!

Jennifer@The Chronicles of Home said...

This is a familiar scene :) Hope you're able to check some things off the list this week!

Tara {The Silver Lining} said...

haha love how differently men think than us! I wish sometimes I could be a little more like my husband and not look around and let every little mess around our home bother me. He would be right there with your husband thinking the backyard is perfect for guests to visit!

Sew a Fine Seam said...

Oh the deck furniture looks fun! Can't wait to see it finished :)

Alexa said...

Haha. So funny how guys are so different! You are busy! All looks great though!

Cindy @ a curious gardener said...

How nice to have all that outdoor seating. You will pull it all together beautifully! Take as much time as you need to catch up to yourself! ;o)

Unknown said...

YOure the best, I wouldn't miss stopping by!
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Danielle said...

Lots going on in your neck of the woods. Can we just stop and say I love your dining room table. Is it antique? I'd love to find something similar for our sunroom. Also, any window box tips? I plan on working on some next week - mine are in the shade. x

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Hey, Pam, you sweet girl...thanks for the mention. I like to see your projects mid-way... you are so full of great ideas.

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

Good for you for selling that secretary! It may seem to you that things are piling up but thats how it is here ALL the time! :)

Calypso In The Country said...

I love how your husband thinks! So funny! Sounds like you have been very busy!
-Shelley

Real Estate said...

Prestige Rainbow Waters Hyderabad is a new residential project in Raidurgam by the biggest real estate prestige group. This project offers 3/4 BHK premium apartments with the latest features like a swimming pool, a gym, a children’s garden, a clubhouse, etc.

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover