Wednesday, April 5, 2017

My Five Favorite IKEA Items In My Home

These months just fly by, it's already time for another edition of My Five Favorites.
This month we're sharing our favorite IKEA pieces in our homes, and it was tough
narrowing it down. I'm a fan of mixing high and low pieces and IKEA always comes
 through with reasonable prices, they're great if you're on a budget or like changing
 things up more often. Stop by my blogging friends to check out their favs too: 

 Kris @ Driven by Decor
Jennifer @ Dimples & Tangles

Our guest this month is sweet Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality, she's the epitome of 
southern charm, has a knack for DIY projects and thrifting, and used IKEA for her new
 kitchen! She's been blogging for ten years and has shared life's ups and downs, her
 positive attitude is always inspiring. When you pop over to check out her favs don't miss
 her Fashion Over 50 series, how cute and stylish is she?!! 
One of my favorite projects she's done is this great patio makeover. 

    
On to my IKEA favorites ~ 
I couldn't help but sneak in a couple extras since they were in the same photo. 

#1 - Ektorp Sectional & Pillows

We've had our Ektorp Sectional for a few years now, and still love it. It's held up well and 
I don't worry about the light color with the washable slipcovers, they clean up like a dream
 when I spill my coffee or a kiddo has messy hands. A couple of my favorite black and 
white pillows I use all the time are Stockholm and Lappljung Ruta


#2 - Ritva Curtains  

I have Ritva curtains in my living room, dining room and family room and can't count the
 number of times I've used them for clients.
 They're 57" wide x 98" or 118" lengths, 100% cotton and have a pretty linen look.
 I take mine to a seamstress to have pleats put in to give them a more finished high end look.
 It's still a steal, as the panels are only $25/pair, isn't that crazy?!!  


#3 - Antifoni Work Lamp

 This little lamp is super functional, the arm and head are easily adjustable and 
it's great for reading, we have them on our nightstands in the bedroom. I love that
they coordinate with other styles for an eclectic mix and look and feel much more
high end than their $35 price tag.  


#4 - Viserum Frame, Arstid Lamp

  I helped my friend give her guest room a makeover, we used 24 (5"x7")  Viserum frames
with DIY squiggles to create this statement of grid artwork over the bed for $100.
We also gave the Arstid Wall Lamps a pretty update, tutorial courtesy of this clever blogger! 


 #5 - Rast Chest, Hovet Mirror

The versatile Rast Chest works perfectly in smaller spaces because of the depth,
 but the doesn't sacrifice width and height. The size and storage won me over when
 I did a makeover of our master bedroom for the One Room Challenge.  It's a
 popular piece to hack too, I chose to cover mine in faux ostrich and and add
vintage hardware, the tutorial is here
The mirror I used has been replaced by the Hovet Mirror which is almost
 exactly the same, again I loved the size which gave our small room added depth.    


Be sure and check out these talented friends' favs:

 Kris @ Driven by Decor
Jennifer @ Dimples & Tangles


You can also find me on Instagram and Pinterest.  




19 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi Pam, I absolutely love your house; thank you for sharing your finds. I am curious about your curtains- does your seamstress use pleather tape? Or something else? I wonder if we could have a close up picture of the top back? I'm getting ready to move into a great 1928 fixer upper, and need window coverings! Thanks

Melissa said...

Darn auto correct. I meant pleater!

Cassie Bustamante said...

i have the ritva panels, too and love them! we have them in a few rooms!

Crazy Wonderful said...

You are such a master at mixing in high and low! I never would have guessed that was an IKEA mirror or task lamp!!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Pam!! I knew you would wow me with how you make Ikea look amazing!!! You have made a Ritva follower out of me - I just hung them in a client's living room and dining room last week, and this week I'm doing 5 windows for my mom with them!! Love all your clever and beautiful ways you do high and low!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

You are definitely a pro of creating such a high end look on a budget! That gallery wall over the bed is just perfect, I I have and love both of those black and white pillows too!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Pam, your home just grabs me every time! Love all that you do with your high/low pieces. I looked at that sectional last time I was in Ikea and still can't believe how inexpensive they are. and oh yes, the Rita curtains, same ones I stenciled for my bedroom. Those things are amazingly priced!

Anonymous said...

I've copied so many of your IKEA finds after seeing how you make them look high-end. Your version of the Rast chest is one of my favorites!

Unknown said...

Why did I not know about the RITVA curtains (I think I always walk straight to the AINA without looking around - ha!). I'm going to check those out on my next trip plus that chic light - love it!

pam {simple details} said...

Hi Melissa - Thank you! :) If you'd like to email me @ pzundel@comcast.net I can give you some details, she doesn't use any tape just sews the pleats in.

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

Well now you've got me thinking of changing out my curtains in the living/dining rooms! I currently have off white embroidered sheers that I love....but these would be nice for a change every now and again!

therelishedroost said...

I had Ikea in my very first apartment back when they first came on the scene, but I havent shopped their since but after seeing you finds I may give it another try!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Brilliant, Pam to have the pleats sewn in!!!

A room with a view said...

The frames our beautiful. Love that you have curtains and sectional from Ikea, too. I pray that Ikea moves closer to me - the closest is at least an hour away.

Unknown said...

This furniture giant has been my sole provider of storage solutions around the house, from boxes to shelving to just about anything that provides storage. They often come in a variety of sizes and colour so it is really easy to match my interior regardless of the theme or concept. They are priced reasonably and affordable too so it is a recommended option.

jane holly said...

This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change
-funds recovery

Email: onlineghosthacker247@ gmail .com

Olivia Smith said...

American Airlines Reservations Phone Number
Christmas will appear and it's an ideal occasion to take in the focusing lights at this cheerful time. This Christmas, you can do essentially more than decking the hallways, stuffing the stockings, and dealing with the trees like you have been doing in past years.American Airlines Reservations, you can solemnize Jesus' birthday in a substitute way by making an excursion to irrefutably the most renowned traveler areas and laud the festival in style. With unobtrusive Christmas flights offered by American Airlines Reservations Phone Number, you can make your Christmas remarkable and that unnecessarily without asking to be spent. With a couple of flight deals offered, Christmas Day is a wonderful opportunity to get unassuming excursions in December.

john nicholas said...

HP printer setup is made easier with the aid of 123.hp.com/setup. The code is part of a protocol for setting up an HP printer online with a senior technician

Life Style said...

Your bathtub installation is incomplete without Bath panels Therefore, whenever you plan for a new bath installation, then you will have to consider getting these as well. Baths have always been an important part of every bathroom in the UK

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover