Tuesday, November 3, 2015

My Five Favorites - Paint - A New Series with Fab Friends

Welcome to our new series ~ My Five Favorites!
I'm so excited to be kicking it off with some of my awesome blogging friends.
You might recognize the group from Best of the Nest, well we were ready for a fresh 
idea, and all agreed there's nothing we love more than tried and true blogger
 recommendations and thus created 

My Five Favorites 

The first Tuesday of the month we'll each share our Five Favorites on a
specific topic, up first Five Favorite Paint Colors. 
A special guest will be joining the four of us every month and today we're so happy
our talented friend
will be giving us the scoop on her favorites.  

# 1
Long before Benjamin Moore named Simply White their 2016 Color of the Year
it was my favorite go-to white paint. The soft warm hue with no yellow undertones,
but the fresh, clean characteristics of white won me over. 
Here are a few rooms where I've used it.   




A couple days before their announcement I sourced it for an entire new build,
we're still a few months away from completion but I can't wait to show you  
what a gorgeous backdrop the color will be. 

Benjamin Moore - Simply White Studio McGee

# 2
Sherwin Williams - Extra White is a crisp bright white I like for cabinets and
trim. I also used it to repaint my tile in my kitchen update. 



# 3
My favorite dark color is Mined Coal by Behr, a deep moody charcoal with a lot
 of depth. I first used it in my son's room makeover, then in our bathroom. 


Not the prettiest photo (above) but a better representation of the color without the sunlight.  
  

Behr Mined Coal - decor-ideas.org

# 4
If you've been reading my blog for any time at all you've probably heard me
go on about how much I LOVE to use Rustoleum Protective Enamel to paint
furniture. I was smitten with the lacquer like reflective finish from the first piece
I painted. Yes, it is oil based and requires a bit more work to clean up but I promise
it's worth every minute! 

Rustoleum Protective Enamel Gloss - Almond



# 5
 Rustoleum Protective Enamel Gloss - Black
More of the same beautiful finish in glossy black.





You can join us by sharing your favorite colors on Instagram using the hashtag
#myfivefavorites 
Check out my Instagram post this morning for all the details and your chance to
be featured on all our IG feeds later in the week!

Don't miss the Five Favorite Paint Colors my pals are sharing:




13 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

love your picks and mine were mostly neutrals/blacks/whites, too! :) i am a fan of BM's color of the year as well. oh, and that gray space with the butterfly chair is one of my local best friend's homes... she doesn't have a blog, but her home has been on houzz and AT and on my blog. i was excited to see it here!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Great choices! I didn't know you used extra white in your kitchen, that's what I used for my kitchen cabinets too. Definitely bright and crisp!

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

I love that gloss black and the Rustoleum paint. It's such great quality

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

I love the gray in your sons bedroom and Simple White is one of my favs...

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Mined Coal - I have to file that one away to use someday! Such a great color, I love it in your son's room and also in the room with the stained wood trim!! So good!

Mary Beth at www.mbzinteriors.com said...

I've used Chantilly Lace from SW as a crisp white trim too. Love this post feature, thanks

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

I've obviously got to try some of the Rustoleum products since both you and Jennifer extol their virtues! And Mined Coal looks like one I would love to use. Can't wait to see the new build you mentioned - how exciting!

Dana Frieling said...

Stop being humble, I'm sure the suits at Benjamin Moore saw your work and instantly declared it the color of the year! ;) You're even an inspiration to the big wigs. Fun series idea!

cindy hattersley design said...

I can't believe you used rustoleum spray paint on that chest and it looks fabulous. I totally agree with simply white...can't go wrong...can't wait to see your new project!! You are so talented!

Calypso In The Country said...

Your son's bedroom is such a great color! Love your whites as well!
Shelley

Anonymous said...

Such pretty examples of your work, Pam! Thanks for sharing your favorites; they became mine too!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love your paint color favs. I so remember you doing a project using the Rustoleum Black enamel and I loved using is on a metal lamp project. Your projects are stunning!

Unknown said...

I love #4 - that Almond color is just fantastic! It looks great on the bathroom vanity.

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover