Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Budget Guest Room Reveal ~ Inspired by Williams Sonoma


You guys know I LOVE designing anything, but to get to work on a project with one
of your dearest friends (who happens to be a great designer) is icing on the cake! 
I first mentioned this Guest Room project in this post back in May, she was stuck and
 asked me to help her pull it together, on a budget, of course! It's actually been finished
for quite awhile and I finally had a chance to take photos today. 
We're so happy with the look we were able to achieve using DIYs, Craigslist, :)
  IKEA, Homegoods, Walmart, Hobby Lobby and Target.    


 WILLIAMS SONOMA INSPIRATION ROOM 


BEFORE


AFTER

We decided to bring in a little dose of glam to keep it from looking too masculine.
The crystal chandelier was the perfect addition and making it even more perfect, it was
 free from a family member that moved to a new home, and lucky us, it wasn't their style. 
We chose my all-time favorite Walmart Upholstered Headboard that I used in 
Great quality for the $129 price tag!  

 We're using a pair of antique tables I scored on Craigslist for $50 each,
as nightstands. They have beautiful burled wood, leather tops and cute little casters. 
The open style is great for the small room. 


A modern marbled vase, and ornate mirrored tray in contrasting styles were fun 
finds at Homegoods, my go-to place for accessories. A pretty monogram carafe
 is a nice touch for guests vs a plastic water bottle. :)   

We had a DIY day and knocked out several projects:
The IKEA Hack Sconces, we totally copied from one of my genius blogging
 besties, Lisa @ Shine Your Light. We followed her awesome tutorial and loved the 
budget friendly price of about $20 each! 
The Gallery Wall using 24 - (5" x 7") $5 IKEA frames, just swish a little
scribble of paint on white computer paper, and you've got it. 
We trimmed IKEA Ritva drapes in jute trim from Hobby Lobby for great texture and
custom detail. 


And, made a simple tailored no sew bedskirt, again from my same talented friend above! 


This vintage tufted cane chair was another Craigslist score, and the oversized
IKEA canvas (78" x 55') we stole from her Master bedroom.  



She's had this rustic trunk for years, we added the large full length mirror and convenient
 hooks for guests. All of her woodwork and interior doors are painted black, if you missed
the post where I shared her home tour a couple years ago you can see it here,



We thought we deserved a splurge given our savvy shopping and DIYing, and had the
two camel colored pillows custom made, they were worth every penny. The shaggy
 textured pillow is Target and white bedding is from Homegoods.    


Thanks so much for reading friends, hope you all enjoyed the reveal!  
    


34 comments:

Dana Frieling said...

Ya'll nailed the look! The vintage cane back tufted chair is amazing and adds such great character to the space. Might I add that I'm impressed you two are still friends after hanging 24 frames in a grid pattern?! You guys rock!!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Pam I love how you recreated the WS look!! The space is so updated, cozy and stylish! That headboard is such a good find and I was close to using this exact color for Peter's room. Thank you so much for the shout out about the lights and bedskirt my lovely friend. XOX

Crazy Wonderful said...

Yes!!! I have been dying to see this room since your first posted about it! It's absolutely gorgeous. I am always impressed with your Craigslist finds. The night stands and that killer chair are just perfect for the space. Up top my friend!

Jenny said...

You did it again, Pam! What a great room! I cannot believe that headboard is from Walmart! Love the canvas and the gallery wall above the bed too. As always, a fantastic mix of textures and fabrics. Well done!

René said...

Looks great Pam! Little details make the biggest difference!

Brandi said...

Wow, what a stunner! This room is gorgeous.

Nancie N Bartley said...

Hey! That's my room!! I love what y'all did. Feels so luxurious when I stay.

Cassie Bustamante said...

wow, pam! this looks incredible! such a warm and cozy space! love the colors and textures and all the artwork, and well pretty much everything!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Wow....what an elegant guest room, Better than the Ritz!
xo
Patty

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

This is totally amazing. I love it all.

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

That is so so good and totally looks like the inspiration.

http://decoratedchaos.blogspot.com said...

You room is beautiful. Very elegant and classy. It turned out great!

Lisa said...

Beautiful!!!

Mary said...

Yes! It's very elegant. That's the best way to describe it.

Ashley @ The Houston House said...

I love it, beautifully executed. I am a big believer that high design does not have to equal high price tag. Looks stunning!

Joanne said...

It is gorgeous and on a budget. I'm impressed! Any guest would love to stay in that warm, cosy but elegant room.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

You create the most gorgeous rooms from an inspiration room....you always find the perfect furnishings and accessories to create a room for less, yet it looks more fabulous than the inspiration room!!

Vel Criste said...

I can't believe this room was done on a budget! You are amazing Pam, I love the wall display above the head board the most and of course, genius with the bridge art on the side, made the room way bigger!

Unknown said...

Hi Pam. Simply WOW
Can you please let me know where did you buy this throw?

Calypso In The Country said...

I am blown away by this room! It's absolutely gorgeous and I cannot believe it was done inexpensively! You are truly talented my friend!
Shelley

Unknown said...

Couldn't have been done without your great eye! Xox Nancy

Sheila @ Maison de Cinq said...

Pam

I just discovered your blog (was already following you on IG:)) and this makeover is really amazing! I am truly impressed at the quality and what you were able to do, and on a budget no less. It is as good (or better) than the WS photo, I have to say.

Thanks for another (very) inspiring post!

Best,
Sheila
www.maisondecinq.blogspot.com

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Wow, Pam... you've outdone yourself once again! This room is absolutely gorgeous! I think I'd be sleeping in there instead of saving it for the guests!

cindy hattersley design said...

Oh my gosh Pam you rock! Seriously Hgtv needs to hire you! I don't know anyone that can put together a more sophisticated look for practically nothing!!

Anonymous said...

One question: What's the minimum miles away one has to live in order to be considered a guest?! I love this chic but welcoming room. The chair, nightstands, and bedding textures are gorgeous. Love the art too- I'll bet this is not the first time you girls have scribbled together!

SHERRY HART said...

You are amazing!!!

Jessie said...

You did a fabulous, fabulous job! I love how high-end, chic and luxurious it looks without the high price tag. Very beautiful, inviting and serene bedroom, love your sense of style!

Jessie said...

You did a fabulous, fabulous job! I love how high-end, chic and luxurious it looks without the high price tag. Very beautiful, inviting and serene bedroom, love your sense of style!

alex cooper said...

Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too, Thanks for sharing this.
Encourge Online Shopping in Pakistan

alex cooper said...

Can You link, a recommended source for buying items from Online Shopping store.
I really appreciate your effort.

alex cooper said...

Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post.Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post
Kurta Design Watches for men

Midnight1988 said...

Berufsmode fĂ¼r Pflegeberufe und Gesundheitsberufe fĂ¼r Pflegeberufe und Gesundheitsberufe gĂ¼nstig im Internet erwerben: Damenkasacks, Herrenkasacks und Schuhe fĂ¼r die Pflege und Medizin.

Hochzeitsgeschenk Ideen said...

Hochzeitsgeschenk-Ideen
Geldgeschenke zur Hochzeit Hochzeitsgeschenk-Ideen fĂ¼r die nächste Hochzeitsfete: Persönliche Geschenke zur Hochzeit mit Gravur, den Namen des Brautpaares und des Hochzeitsdatums sind auf dem groĂŸen Hochzeitsportal erhältlich. Besuchen Sie dieses Portal fĂ¼r ausgefallene Hochzeitsgeschenke, interessante Hochzeitsspiele und einen Blog mit sehr vielen interessanten Themen rund um Heirat und Geldgeschenke.

Unknown said...

I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

https://buyemailaccount.com/

Buy Email Accounts
Buy Gmail Accounts
Buy Yahoo Accounts
Buy Outlook Accounts

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover