Thursday, May 21, 2015

a new bedroom project


A friend of mine recently asked me to help with her guest room, she's an awesome
 designer, but was having trouble making it flow with the rest of her home. 
Her plan was to keep it budget friendly by using a duvet, bed skirt and chair she'd had
 for awhile. While I was scrolling through her Pinterest pins it hit me, her style had changed
 since she originally purchased those pieces and they weren't her at all - no wonder
 she was feeling stuck and uninspired by her options. 
I sent her this inspiration pic and said, "This looks like you, we can get the look on a budget."
Her email back said, "Oooooh, I'm so excited!!!"    

Here's the plan so far...      

William Sonoma Home

Btw, you all loved the tour of her home - Builder Beige to Black Beauty 
 that I shared here a couple years ago.  

BEFORE:
This was the duvet, bedskirt and chair she was originally trying to work with. 



We've ordered my favorite Walmart Grayson Upholstered Headboard here 
Great Faux Linen
Nailheads
779 Reviews 4.5 Stars
ON SALE for $129! Free Shipping & Returns  
It's actually darker gray in person.


My friend Lisa's super reasonable IKEA Sconce Hack to mimic those beautiful brass sconces
is on our list.

  
A DIY Abstract Art similar to Jessie's.


I'm thinking one of these leather strap chairs that I shared with you in my
I Spy a Craigslist Buy post would be perfect.  


And, did you notice the gorgeous molding in our inspiration photo, we haven't talked
 about it but I know she'd be all over that! 
 I'll be sharing progress updates along the way and scouring Craigslist for some
nightstands or other unique pieces that might work.  

Enjoy a wonderful long weekend with friends or family, some sunshine
and a BBQ sounds perfect to me!  :) 
I'll be taking off a few days after Memorial Day next week,
 but will see you on Friday for Best of the Nest.  


18 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see the finished room. eeek!

ChicByTab

Cassie Bustamante said...

oooh i love the plan- can't wait to see!

Dana Frieling said...

You make such a great point about trying to make things work with items we've held onto over the years and changing tastes. Sometimes it just takes a fresh set of eyes! (btw, tell her hi from me and that I miss "talking" to her)

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

What a great plan for your BFF! I am in love with that Walmart headboard you found for the ORC and contemplated using it for my son's room. $129 is a crazy price!! Wow! And that abstract art - can't wait to see your version of that - that is also something I would like to try, what a statement piece!!! You are such a wonderful friend - between you and your chic friend this room is going to be fabulous!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

*THANK YOU for the shout out my sweet friend!

Kristen @ Pursuing Vintage said...

Can't wait to see how it turns out! Love the ideas!

Nancie N Bartley said...

Oo! I'm so excited. Can't wait to see how my room comes out...

Diana @ Your Day Simplified said...

I'm so excited to have a fresh pair of eyes help me with my dilemma. We all run into a wall sometimes and I am so thankful that my BFF happens to be the best designer this side of the Mississippi!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

I love your designs! So clever and so, so unique! You can transform the frog into the prince for pennies!!!
xo
Patty

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

You've got a great plan for the space. I can't wait to see it!

Vel Criste said...

Hooray! no waiting on the next ORC for another smashing makeover!

BTW, I just wanted you to know that your room is one of my favorite ORC projects! Thanks again for the inspiration!

http://buhayatbahay.blogspot.com/2015/05/my-orc-faves-part-2-bedrooms-living.html

Connie said...

This is going to be such fun to follow your remake of the bedroom. I have loved everything you've done and have read all the back posts! You rock!

Unknown said...

Your inspiration room is beautiful and handsome at the same time. I can't wait to see what you two create!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love the inspiration pic, can't wait to see how it turns out.

Unknown said...

That is one if my favorite inspiration rooms and yours will look as good but designed way smarter without paying a fortune! Love Lisa's sconce hack. Have a wonderful holiday dear friend! Xo Nancy

designchic said...

The inspiration photo is amazing…know the room will be amazing!

Crazy Wonderful said...

I want that bedroom so bad!!!! I've had molding on the master bedroom to do list for a while. I can't wait to see it all come together!

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

Oh yes that molding would be awesome. Love the inspiration!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover