Sunday, May 3, 2015

BHG Refresh Magazine Photos


Hi friends, hope you had a wonderful weekend!
 It was gorgeous in Denver, but our forecast beginning tomorrow and for the week is rainy,
 cloudy and stormy - not good for photos for the One Room Challenge bedroom. I was
 feeling the pressure to finish up and get it photographed while we had intermittent sun this
 morning, and I'm happy to say despite a few hiccups, which I'll share later,
 IT IS DONE!!! And I want to move in!

Here is a sneak peek I shared on Instagram a couple days ago,
 it's the Anthropologie knock off dresser makeover we did.   

  
And, today I posted this pic of our yard on Instagram, which reminded me I'd been given
 the ok to share all of the photos from our Refresh magazine feature a few months ago.
Btw, the latest information about our interior feature is that it will be in the upcoming
Fall issue. :)  Still can't believe I just wrote that - I'm so thankful for the opportunity!

Our yard today

If you'd like to read about the photo shoot and the wonderful ladies who made it all
happen you can get the details here.
These are the raw photos (no editing) that were selected for the magazine.

 Our front flagstone patio.

 One of our three window boxes in front.

A bell at our front door was a souvenir from a trip to Europe.

 I plant the urns and window boxes with Kimberly ferns every year,
$13 from Walmart.

   A fountain in our front yard was a gift from my parents years ago.

 The fence and gate to our back neighbor's yard are original to our property from 1938.

This pretty bamboo set was a Craigslist score last year.

Our girl Rio! I repurposed an old work bench I found in the garage when we first
 moved in, and now use it as a potting bench and beverage station for get-togethers.  



 We love our hammock for lounging, reading and napping, and wild
swinging is always a hit with kiddos.

Hope you enjoyed the photos, I'm glad I was able to share them for
everyone who didn't get a peek at the magazine.

I'll see you on Wednesday for the One Room Challenge Reveal!!! :)





19 comments:

Letting Fear Go said...

The old, original gate is such a fun thing to have in your backyard. You have done a great job incorporating so many different colors with your plants and flowers. It looks peaceful and the perfect place to enjoy an early morning coffee!

Unknown said...

it all looks so beautiful!

Unknown said...

Your yard is such a beautiful standout. I love the charm and history of the gate, potting bench, fountain, and, of course, sweet Rio. All so magazine-worthy. (I do know that any napping in the hammock has never been done by Pam the Energizer Bunny!)

Dana Frieling said...

I need your European souvenir! I wish I had been as in tune to the weather forecast as you were. I'm in the same boat with the cloudy conditions but I wasn't on top of things enough to wrap it all up this weekend. Looking forward to your fall feature AND Wed's reveal!!!

Cassie Bustamante said...

wow! your home is just so amazing as i knew but these photos capture it so well! and that sneak peek..... i just can not wait!!!! you are a rock star!

Unknown said...

What a spectacular yard and so beautifully styled! (Hi sweet Rio) Your boxwoods that you planted last summer (?) are coming in so beautifully! Can't wait to see the interior spread. I am so happy for you- you deserve all the kudos for such an amazing home, inside and out! xo Nancy

Bervgirl said...

Stunningly beautiful! I especially love the bamboo furniture! I'd love to know what direction the front of your house faces and how the ferns do through the dry Colorado summers? (So love the look!)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Gorgeous, your home is so inviting and beautiful.

Vel Criste said...

I say it again, your home and garden deserves all the accolades and features it is getting and will be getting Pam! I loved reading about your garden in that issue!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I just love your outdoor spaces Pam!! The design you and your husband have implemented is so beautiful! Can't wait to see the next magazine feature of your interiors!!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Your yard looks picture perfect. How smart they were to select you. Love the bell.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I loved your magazine feature. Your yard and deck are just beautiful....perfection!...Can't wait for the interiors to be featured!...So exciting!....I love the window boxes..We are looking for some that are pretty much like yours...did you get them from Grandinroad?

pam {simple details} said...

Hi Bervgirl :) Our house faces south but we have a lot of shade, they get partial sun. Thanks for your sweet comments, hope all is well!

pam {simple details} said...

Hi Shirley - Thank you so much, I love our window boxes, we got them from Smith & Hawken years ago.

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

All the photos of your gorgeous exterior are so pretty

Crazy Wonderful said...

Holy moly. If you find a strange woman has moved into your hammock don't freak out. It will be me ;)

Unknown said...

I didn't realize you were done with your ORC room - how awesome that there will be no last minute scrambling! Your yard is so stunning and I can't wait to see your next Refresh feature!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

You are the Queen of Craigslist...I am SUCH an admirer!!!

Marty said...

Love it all!! Need to find a copy of that BHG Refresh. Congrats again!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover