Tuesday, February 2, 2016

My Five Favorites - Decorative Accessories


Welcome to February's Five Favorites, this month I'm sharing my top
 five Decorative Accessories along with my talented friends and our special guest. 

We're thrilled to have Emily @ Emily A. Clark joining us as our guest host this month. 
She's as sweet as they come, a beyond fabulous design guru and blogger who needs no
 introduction, so I'll just move on. :) 
This stunning vignette she created is perfection in my book  ~ I'm sure you'll agree she's 
got a way with accessories. I'm dying to check out her faves! 

 Emily A. Clark - Caroline Lima Photography 

You guys, this was eye-opening - I didn't realize I use my Five Favorites in every room I do.
It's a wonder they don't all look exactly alike!

#1
Black Lamp Shades
They say every room needs a touch of black, my favorite way to infuse 
some is with black lamp shades. A little detail with big impact.  
Black lamp shades ~ Furry texture ~ Greenery  

Black lamp shades ~ Abstract artwork ~ Furry texture ~ White bowl ~ Greenery

Black lamp shades ~ Abstract artwork ~ Furry texture ~ White vase ~ Greenery

#2
Abstract Artwork
I love the modern vibe abstract art adds to a room, and the contrast of using traditional
 frames, which are perfect to add to your thrifting or garage sale list. 
Abstract artwork ~ White vase ~ Greenery

Abstract artwork ~ Black & white vases ~ Greenery 

Abstract artwork ~ Furry texture ~ White vase ~ Greenery

#3
Black & White Vases
I have several of these hardworking basics in all shapes and sizes, they move all over my
 house, and easily mix with everything. Look for pretty shapes when you're thrifting.
(I loved the black one below, I found it thrifting years ago, and just broke it last week.) :(    
 Black & white vases ~ Greenery 

Black lamp shades ~ Black vases ~ Furry texture ~ Greenery

#4
Furry Texture
There's nothing like cozy texture. The end.
Furry texture ~ Black lamp shades ~ White vases ~ Greenery

 Furry Texture ~ Black lamp shade ~ Black & white vase/bowl ~ Greenery

#5
 Greenery
An essential for every room ~ it brings life, texture and color. It couldn't be
easier, just head outside and clip from a tree or shrub in your yard.
Greenery ~ Black lamp shade ~ Abstract artwork ~ Black vase ~ Furry texture 

Greenery ~ Black shade ~ White vase


Be sure to stop by and check out the favorites of my pals!

22 comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Apparently a touch of black, furry texture, abstract art and greenery are your signature pieces!!!! I have abstract art on the brain big time lately and especially love seeing how you incorporate those pieces into rooms!

Unknown said...

Loving all the pieces, I think that black lamp shades are so sophisticated, they add a touch of glam and soften the light. Thank you for sharing!

Calypso In The Country said...

I was just going to comment on your signature pieces so I guess I agree with Lisa above! Those black lampshades really do add so much to a room. Love your style!
Shelley

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

That's so funny that you have such consistent go-to pieces! No surprise, though... they totally work anywhere and you make them look beautiful no matter the space!

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

It's crazy that you have those pieces in so many of your rooms yet each space looks completely unique. I think I need to rectify the situation of having no black lampshades - I never noticed that you had those and I love what they do for each space!

Lisa said...

I love every room! One other thing that is in each picture you shared is gold or brass!

Robin Alley said...

Love everything you showed! Your decorating is just gorgeous. I love to look at each photo over and over and just absorb every little 'detail' in every spot of every room! :-) Thank you for your lovely inspiration!

Anonymous said...

I love how you use those pretty accessories! Your styling is always perfection. I've added black lampshades to my list.

Gypsy Heart said...

Your home and decor are always stunning!! I love black lampshades, always.

xo
Pat

Vel Criste said...

I need me some Black shades! I think I only have one right now, but your make me want to have more! And of course, abstract art! Great round up Pam!

Unknown said...

Looooove black shades too Pam. No matter how plane-Jane or quirky the lamp, a black shade adds instant elegance and delivers a high end look. I pretty much always switch out shades with black ones. Great picks!

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Your home is beautiful. I'm on my way to buy some new black lamp shades!

Crazy Wonderful said...

Love having a simple formula like this that always works. Same formula, but still so different in each room!

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

Amen to all of it!

Unknown said...

Beautiful post Pam! These are my favorites, too! Hope all is well and that you're having a great winter in CO. xo Nancy

Unknown said...

It's all so pretty! I'd love to know where the fuchsia polka dot pillow came from!

decordelirium said...

Love hearing your go to's Pam. I love the look of a black lampshade. I am going to have to try one soon!

SHERRY HART said...

Damn...I use your 5 also.....and noting is prettier than a gold lamp and a black shade! Classic!

jane holly said...

This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change
-funds recovery

Email: onlineghosthacker247@ gmail .com

Janet Locane said...

It's amazing!

JeffThorsen777 said...

I adore everything related to design and took courses in this area. But it became more difficult for me to study at the university. I turned to the writing phd proposal service and order my coursework there. It was the end of the year and we were given a lot of voluminous tasks. Thanks to this, I passed all the assignments on time and I had time for design courses.

Micheal Jackson said...

An important segments filed and approved for the citizens. The dynamics of the How to prevent injuries
are ensured for the turns. Way is marked for the top of the joys. Schedule is held for the approached means for the things by all issues.

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover