Tuesday, March 1, 2016

My Five Favorites - Decorating for Spring

Happy March friends!
 This month My Five Favorites is focusing on Decorating for Spring.
 I've definitely got a case of Spring Fever, we've had gorgeous weather flirting with the 70s,
 and it has me in the mood to add a few fresh touches.
 My pals and our special guest are also sharing their favorites. 


We're excited to have Sherry Hart @ Design Indulgence joining us as our guest this month.
She's as hilarious as she is talented, and her blog posts are likely to elicit oohs and ahhs, as
 well as, coffee spit on your keyboard. :) She has quite the reputation for putting together
 amazing neutrals, I still swoon every time I see her fabulous dining room!   

Sherry Hart - Design Indulgence

 #1
Wheat Grass
It's not just for Easter! Although I do plant it every year for our Easter table, I love
using it just as much to add a dose of freshness and texture to our home throughout
 the early spring. You can read the easy wheat grass planting instructions here.
   


#2
Bright Books
I go through my books and pull out some with bright covers to give my
vignettes some pizazz.    



#3
Simple Solid Pillow
 For the perfect pop of color and super budget friendly. 
Zippered pillow covers are available at IKEA in a several colors from $4 - 8 here.  


#4
Spring Blossoms
No commentary necessary ~ other than I wish they lasted longer! 


#5
UN-decorate
I love a clean, edited space and spring is the ideal time to pack away decor, 
delight in not having to dust and clean it, open the windows and enjoy the freshness
of the season.      


Happy Spring Decorating!

 Don't miss these ladies' My Five Favorites:  


You might like these previous Five Favorites too:



15 comments:

SHERRY HART said...

Pam....You are my hero for decorating on a budget and of course the DIY queen! Love all of your ideas! Especially #5....un-decorate! That one will definitely make a huge difference.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Your spring decorating is so so pretty Pam but I too love #5 the best!!!! Less is more especially when everything starts to bloom outside!

Unknown said...

Love, love, love your dining table!!! Source? I was at Ikea yesterday picking up more of their pillow inserts and covers! Best deal around, especially the FJADRAR inner cushion. Beautiful home!

Crazy Wonderful said...

Totally going through the undecorate stage right now. Some pillows with color would go far at my place. I need to start the search!

Cassie Bustamante said...

UN-decorate! YES! i love that so much and am doing that, too!

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

Your last favorite is my favorite - it doesn't get better than clean and uncluttered (especially in that gorgeous kitchen of yours!). I might just try that wheat grass this year - your decorated table using it is absolutely gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Such pretty and fresh spaces, Pam! And I love that they're all so "do-able." Your dining room always takes my breathe away.

Preppy Empty Nester said...

It's amazing what a little tweaking can do. Everything looks beautiful!!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

I'm hoping we'll get to go to Ikea soon, and some solid pillows are on my list! Love your wheatgrass so much, it looks so pretty anywhere! These are all such great ideas, but in your super stylish house they're even better!

pam {simple details} said...

Thanks Stacy! I've had the dining table for probably 15 years, we found it at a furniture store in Vail. Yes, the Fjadrar is the BEST!

Sheila @ Maison de Cinq said...

Pam,

Love the tips - especially the wheat grass! I might have to try that as I love the freshness it brings! And of course #5! I'm all about purging this year, so anything to lighten things up is right by me!

Sheila
www.maisondecinq.blogspot.com

Calypso In The Country said...

Great tips, Pam and I love that idea of the wheat grass. It always looks so fresh - and green (let's hope I don't kill that!).. Clearing out and un-decorating is a great tip too. I think we all feel in the mood to do this in the spring.
Shelley

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

Underrating and spring blossoms that's what I like ;)

Vel Criste said...

LOVE #5! Although with a gorgeous house like yours, #5 would be easy! I love the bright books and adding the natural stuff, you remind me of the wheat grass, I have a packet that I still need to plant! Yikes!

jane holly said...

This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change
-funds recovery

Email: onlineghosthacker247@ gmail .com

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover