Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Our Spring Home Tour ~ 2016

Welcome and thanks so much for stopping by!
I'm thrilled to be part of the 2016 Spring Home Tour, our lovely hostess 
Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life has done a wonderful job organizing 30 talented bloggers
 to share their spring decor this week.
If you're coming over from Our Southern Home, thank you, isn't Christy's 
home beautiful!

If you're new here I live in Denver with Mr. Simple, our son, and fur babies in
a little cottage built in 1938. If you've been around for awhile I'm sure you've come to
 expect that I've changed things up a bit since the last tour, and you're right! :)

First up, my living room...  


I'm a fan of my neutral background, I can change up a few
 accessories on a whim to create a totally new look. 
I've been loving a combination of blue hues and finding the perfect mix
of patterns is a fun day in my book!  
My gallery wall is always in a state of flux, mostly thrifted pieces or abstracts
I scribble.  


I've had my cowhide rug for several years, it has a subtle shade, pattern and
texture that compliment anything I put with it. 


I was inspired by the cover of the book, Modern Mix by Eddie Ross.
 I've loved chartreuse for years, see the chair and blue fireplace, I'm smitten with the
 combination, and decided to go for it (coming up in the dining room)! I like my rooms
to flow without being matchy, I intentionally included the chartreuse colored books on the 
coffee table to give my living room a little dose.   


One of my favorite mix of styles is modern with antique, I like using this chippy
column I've had for years for that effect.  
  

All my beloved Craigslist finds in one shot ~ the campaign chest, brass lamp,
bamboo chairs, and bamboo coffee table. :) 
     



A couple more favorite Craigslist finds, my oversize mirror and brass trunk below,
that I'm using as a side table.   


Dining Room...


If you missed my post last week, I decided to paint my dining room. :) 
So, I know it's a bit on the neon bright side, and the jury is still out. 
I tried five different colors and tweaked the final one a couple times and went back
to one of the originals, Behr Anime. I thought the others that weren't as bright looked so
 dull and muddy. Maybe dull and muddy would have been good. Haha!    
  

My sweet friend and her daughter came to help me paint, but one of them got bored 
and made me this cute origami elephant! I love it, thank you Sarah!   


I always plant wheat grass, it's fresh and springy and you can't beat the texture and price! 


Family Room...


Awhile back I found the blue and white lamp at Goodwill, it worked in nicely to
bring that element into my family room, and a switcheroo of pillows I had helped
to create the flow of blue and green into the family room. Another bowl of grass 
adds some pretty texture. 


Kitchen


I am absolutely planting a forsythia bush this year!
My sweet client gave me these, aren't they beautiful, I love the lively burst of color! 
If you missed my One Room Challenge Kitchen Reveal you can read about the 
DIY Hood, Formica Countertop, Painted Tile and lots of easy budget friendly ideas. 


This vignette in my kitchen changes often (the utensils and salt and pepper shakers
are always there). I always use some sort of tray to corral everything and a collection of
different vases for utensils and greenery.  



Thank you all so much for stopping by our tour!   
If you'd like to keep up with the changes at our home, what's on the DIY list, and
 client projects I'd love you to follow along.


Next up on the tour is sweet Laura @ Decor to Adore

Sharing with Thrifty Decor Chick Best of 2016! Stop by to see more inspiration!

50 comments:

CreativaCale said...

Lovely home ! Love green color and big mirrors .Kiss from Serbia,Cale

Lussi said...

Lovely! I'm in love with your home!

Nancie N Bartley said...

LOVE the dining room. Perfect for Spring.

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

I really love the green. I can imagine that it takes time to get used to for you but my first thought was how much I love it. I painted the back of my desk the dull and muddy version and wish it was more like yours ;) Your home looks beautiful as always.

Cassie Bustamante said...

gorgeous as always, pam! and i think the dining room is so unique and so fun and i am SO glad you went bold! in a blog world full of white walls (i am guilty over here!) it's refreshing to see!

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Positively stunning, Pam! You have great taste. Have a great week.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Pam I think the green dining room is so refreshing!!!! Especially with your white curtains, trim and buffet - it's fun and fresh, and I love how you carried that color and blues throughout the rest of your house! You are so amazing at changing up and styling a space!!!!!

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

You went with the green! I know spaces always feel different in real life than in pics but I truly love it! I'm also loving your mix of pillows for spring and crush hard on that brass chest every time I see it. Beautiful tour Pam!

Kathy Olson said...

Very beautiful! It's all so crisp and fresh!

Unknown said...

I think you nailed the dining room. I love the color and it all blends well. great job on everything!

René said...

It's all so pretty Pam! Happy spring my friend!

Stacey said...

Absolutely beautiful! That kitchen of yours is just stunning.

kallen1105 said...

Pam... love love love the new color in the dining room. With the blue accents beautiful!! I say it's a keeper! Thanks for sharing your home with us. Happy Easter!

Dana Frieling said...

Look at you being a trendsetter! Watch out world, chartreuse walls are coming your way! I never get tired of seeing your beautiful house and thrifty switch-ups.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love, love, love the green, you've used it so beautifully in every room. Of course I always drool over your fabulous kitchen, still my favorite room. Thanks so much for joining the tour.

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

You are the QUEEN of Craig List! It's amazing what you can do! Everything is gorgeous.
xo
Patty

Decor To Adore said...

What a wonderful tour! I love blue and green paired together. It feels so fresh.
Have an enchanting Easter.

Unknown said...

I love your kchen hood but I haven't been successful in searching your site for the DIY details on it. Would love to hear how you transformed it!

CAD Interiors said...

Your spring home is so fresh, Pam! I love your use of natural textures paired with the blues and chartreuse. Have a great Easter!

pam {simple details} said...

Hi Marianne, thanks so much! Here is the link:

http://simpledetailsblog.blogspot.com/2014/05/diy-metal-range-hood.html

Unknown said...

Wow, I had a pin fest today on your blog. I loooove all your colors and vignettes...but most of all, I love the green in the dining room. Perfection! Thanks for sharing.

Karen said...

So very pretty. It looks like the very essence of the season!
xo,
Karen

decordelirium said...

Oh Pam I think the green is perfection in your dining room. It is not too bright or muddy. At least in the photos. In person it might be different :) Your home wows per usual!

Anonymous said...

So pretty and fresh, Pam! I love the green and the beautiful styling. Your dining room is always one of my favorite rooms. In fact, I could just live in that room. Move over Rio, I'm packing up now!

Scribbler said...

I think your dining room looks ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS! I hope you give that green a chance -- I love it!

Crazy Wonderful said...

I love the green!!!! It's so fun, and I love how it plays off of all your blues and other greens! You are absolutely the Craigslist Queen. If the people that sold you those items could see them now, they'd totally want them back realizing they got rid of something too good!

Barbara @ 21 Rosemary Lane said...

Pam I love your green!!! OMgosh I adore how bright it is too. Green is my favorite color. The whites and blues look so fresh with it as well. You have a lovely home thank you so much for the tour!
XO Barbara

Kathy said...

I love your style. The green dining room is great. Don't change a thing.

Bonnie said...

I'm a big fan of blue and white. Your mirrors and all accessories make a great statement. I like the chartreuse and leopard in your room too. The fresh grass is a nice natural touch and your great glass coffee table full of books look super.
Your kitchen is beautiful! Love the marble countertop and vase of forsythias. Cute hobnob vases.

Jennifer M said...

Hi! Pretty tour! Just stick the forsythia in a wet spot on your property once you're finished with it in your vase, and it should root itself. I di it every year, and my forsythia is massive now!

Patti said...

I probably wouldn't have liked the green paint in the can but I REALLY like it especially with the blue accents! Great choice.

Cristina Garay said...

Daffodils and forsythias are the ones that tell me Spring is here. I just bought my first ever forsythia plant, I'm sure I'm going to enjoy it. I love how the yellow branches look in your beautiful kitchen. And talking about color, that green in your dining room looks fresh, inviting!

Unknown said...

I love the blue & white with the chartreuse! I JUST did that color combination for a bridal shower (post coming soon) XO, Amanda @ lifeonlinton.com

Calypso In The Country said...

I am loving all the blue and white with the green! Your home looks stunning as always and you are inspiring me to add more color in mine!
Shelley

The House of Silver Lining said...

I love your eclectic style and all of your Craigslist finds are SO GOOD!!! Loving the new paint color in your dining room too! We really should meet up sometime! We're so close to each other!
xo

Kim @Tidbits&Twine said...

I just cannot get over your kitchen! Simply stunning! That hood....swoon! :) The dining room looks beautiful with its new paint - beautiful choice! Have a wonderful Easter weekend! :) Kim

Kim @Tidbits&Twine said...

I just cannot get over your kitchen! Simply stunning! That hood....swoon! :) The dining room looks beautiful with its new paint - beautiful choice! Have a wonderful Easter weekend! :) Kim

Woodbank Lane said...

The wall over your couch is one of my favorites. Your home is so pretty.

SHERRY HART said...

Pam...I love the green DR!!! One of my favorite images once was a DR painted that green and a black and white stipe rug thrown over the table kind of angled [think Ikea stripe rug]....it was stunning! Love all of the blue in your LR also! Dame I love blue and white accents.....

quietgirl said...

Your home looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Your drapes, are they sewn onto rings?

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Each room and every inch of your home is truly magnificent....I love the dining room wall color!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Blue and green is one of my favorite color combinations in decor! I love, love, love that blue pom pom pillow, the brass trunk, and bamboo chairs in your living room!

pam {simple details} said...

Hi Quietgirl,

Thanks so much!! No, they're clip on rings. Both drapes and rings are from Ikea.

Unknown said...

It is absolutely beautiful. You always keep it fresh and love that you switch out your accent color so often! I hope spring is finally in Denver, and that you have a wonderful April my friend! xo Nancy

Unknown said...

Looking good! It is beautiful

jane holly said...

This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change
-funds recovery

Email: onlineghosthacker247@ gmail .com

Johan battler said...

Privacy advocates warn us there aren 1,500 reasons why you should think twice before trusting encrypted Web content if you trust companies selling cookies or other services on these same online platforms. visit here
And for more info

Justin Loiera said...

Pam... love love love the new color in the dining room. With the blue accents beautiful!! I say it's a keeper! Thanks for sharing your home with us. Happy Easter!
coffee-tables

bellaerik said...

It is absolutely beautiful. living-room-furniture

johnsmithjs said...

What do you usually do during this difficult season of epidemics? I recently learned about cat mario, which is a fantastic game to keep you busy over the winter. Come on over right now.

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover