Thursday, January 5, 2017

My Five Favorites - Home Organization Tips


Happy New Year, friends and welcome to the first My Five Favorites of 2017!
Everything organized and in its place makes me ridiculously happy! I'm good at
 keeping things in order that I see or use everyday, but the out-of-sight areas, like 
our basement...not so OCD about that. Come January I'm always ready to tackle it, so
 that's first on my project list this month. I'm anxious to check out my pals' favorite
 organizing tips they're sharing today too:    

Jennifer @ Dimples & Tangles

We have an organizer extraordinaire as our guest this month, you're going to love Erin @
  The Sunny Side Up and her awesome ideas! Be sure to check out the Organize Category 
        on her blog for tons of tips, including how she keeps her gorgeous kitchen looking so fab!       


Onto my favorites: 

#1 Baking Center

Three drawers in my kitchen island are dedicated to a baking center. Having everything I
 need in one spot makes it so functional and super simple to keep organized. You don't
 need an island with drawers, slide out shelves in a cabinet or pantry could easily work. 
   

The top drawer is pretty self explanatory, except for my collection of measuring cups
 and spoons. I just don't like to stop and wash them out while I'm cooking.  Haha! 


The large glass containers each hold a 4 pound bag of sugar and flour, the two smaller
 ones in the back contain brown sugar and the necessary staple - chocolate chips. :)  


The bottom drawer holds a huge metal bowl, stacked inside is a cheesecake pan, 9" cake pans,
 metal pie plates, 3 glass pie plates and a bundt pan that I removed to give you a better visual. 

Next to the drawers is a triangular shaped sliver of a cabinet just large enough
for my mixer and food processor.  

#2 Billy Bookcase

I've used this cabinet for clients numerous times, the glass doors add style and the
 option of solid panels to hide the not-so-pretty make it a favorite. Its narrow 11" depth,
 adjustable shelves, and reasonable price always win out, it's from IKEA here.  





#3 Budget Storage Boxes

This cabinet reorganization is an oldie from 2012 when I first started blogging.
I'm happy to say that it looks almost the same today (as the after!) except I've
accumulated a few more of my favorite FREE storage boxes ~ orange Nike shoe boxes.
 The other orange boxes are from IKEA here.

(Excuse the old dark pics from my 1938 basement)

BEFORE

AFTER

#4 Filing System

This is actually inspiration for a January project. Our files could use a clean out and
reorganization. I liked the pretty color coded zone system and her list of categories and
sub-categories seemed functional and easy to maintain. 


#5 Purge 
  
By far the biggest impact in keeping me organized is purging what I don't use.
I read the book The Magic of Tidying Up about a year and a half ago and her perspective 
and concept of organizing resonated with me, I LOVE not having stuff. 


My Five Favorite Organization Tips from last year HERE.

Be sure to stop by and check out these talented friends' tips:

Jennifer @ Dimples & Tangles

You can also find me on Instagram and Pinterest.  



19 comments:

Calypso In The Country said...

There is just something about the new year that gets us in the mood to get organized! I love all the tips and I am impressed with your baking drawers. I really need to think about a few places I store things to be more efficient. I also need to read that book! Everyone is always raving about it! Best wishes with your plans for this new year, Pam!
Shelley

Mrs. Holmes said...

Happy 2017! Great tips for organization. I hope to see a Girlfriend Christmas Party post sometime too!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

My theme this year is "less stuff" too! These are all great ideas, Pam.

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

I'm jealous of those awesome baking drawers of yours - so uber organized! And thank you for the idea of the IKEA pantry - we have a mini kitchen reno in our future and that just gave me a great idea!!

Angeldog said...

My husband orders almost all of his dress shoes from Johnston Murphy. Their shoe boxes are the best to keep. They are usually black with a gray top or gray with a black top; sometimes they'll be deep purple with a beige top. They are all over my house in closets. I usually use them without the tops and sometimes use the tops in shallow drawers for organizing.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Your kitchen drawers so neatly organized are just dreamy. No kidding, I love them. We are severely lacking in space and my one drawer for utensils is overflowing, so I am having real and true drawer envy right now!

Brenda said...

Thank you for this post. I can glean what a need from the variety of tips. The biggest thing I need to do is purge, let go, have a clear out - you name it; it's got to be done. Looking forward to a healthy 2017. BTW, love that glass door cabinet makeover from your Christmas tour. Well done!

Erin said...

Pam! I read Marie Kondo's book last year and it was seriously LIFE changing, wasn't it!? Oh my word.. it just opened my eyes to really digging deep and getting rid of EVERYTHING we weren't using and loving. This was such a great post! Your baking center makes me seriously giddy and I don't even like to bake! Ha! :) Thanks so much for including me in your 5 Favorites this month! SO much fun. Happy organizing! xo

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

Oh, that filing system needs to happen at my house and FAST!! Paperwork is my biggest weakness, I just can't seem to stay on top of it at all! Great post!

annie@mostlovelythings said...

I need to re-read that book! Love an organized home!

Crazy Wonderful said...

Organized drawers make me so happy!!! Mine are in such bad shape right now though, I've got to tackle them. And that cabinet with the beautiful storage boxes is so great!! Thanks for the awesome tips!

Anonymous said...

No wonder you're such a good and speedy baker- whipping up homemade cookies for visitors in minutes- how many minutes? :) Thanks for the motivation!

Unknown said...

If you don't feel like purging, you need to at least set aside the things that you don't use on a regular basis and put these items into a more long-term form of storage space. I mean, you don't need to keep Christmas decorations and linens out in the living room right? These can go in the attic!

Spam Leads said...

Hello Everyone !

USA SSN Leads/Dead Fullz available, along with Driving License/ID Number with good connectivity.

All SSN's are Tested & Verified.

**DETAILS IN LEADS/FULLZ**

->FULL NAME
->SSN
->DATE OF BIRTH
->DRIVING LICENSE NUMBER
->ADDRESS WITH ZIP
->PHONE NUMBER, EMAIL
->EMPLOYEE DETAILS

*Price for SSN lead $2
*You can ask for sample before any deal
*If you buy in bulk, will give you discount
*Sampling is just for serious buyers

->Hope for the long term business
->You can buy for your specific states too

**Contact 24/7**

Whatsapp > +923172721122

Email > leads.sellers1212@gmail.com

Telegram > @leadsupplier

ICQ > 752822040

jane holly said...

This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change
-funds recovery

Email: onlineghosthacker247@ gmail .com

Catherine said...

Get your Logo design services package with free website Design plus Business Stationery design by selecting our supreme Logo package

Olivia Smith said...

American Airlines Reservations Phone Number
Christmas will appear and it's an ideal occasion to take in the focusing lights at this cheerful time. This Christmas, you can do essentially more than decking the hallways, stuffing the stockings, and dealing with the trees like you have been doing in past years.American Airlines Reservations, you can solemnize Jesus' birthday in a substitute way by making an excursion to irrefutably the most renowned traveler areas and laud the festival in style. With unobtrusive Christmas flights offered by American Airlines Reservations Phone Number, you can make your Christmas remarkable and that unnecessarily without asking to be spent. With a couple of flight deals offered, Christmas Day is a wonderful opportunity to get unassuming excursions in December.

Shubhi Gupta said...

Thank you for sharing this information looking for home decor online shopping sites.

Susan Christian said...

Hello to everyone out here, I am here to share the unexpected miracle that happened to me … My name is Susan Christian , I live in London, UK. we got married for more than 9 years and have gotten two kids. thing were going well with us and we are always happy. until one day my husband started to behave in a way i could not understand, i was very confused by the way he treat me and the kids. later that month he did not come home again and he called me that he want a divorce, i asked him what have i done wrong to deserve this from him, all he was saying is that he want a divorce that he hate me and do not want to see me again in his life, i was mad and also frustrated do not know what to do, i was sick for more than 2 weeks because of the divorce. i love him so much he was everything to me without him my life is incomplete. i told my sister and she told me to contact a spell caster, i never believe in all this spell casting of a thing. i just want to try if something will come out of it. i contacted Dr Emu for the return of my husband to me, they told me that my husband have been taken by another woman, that she cast a spell on him that is why he hate me and also want us to divorce. then they told me that they have to cast a spell on him that will make him return to me and the kids, they casted the spell and after 1 week my husband called me and he told me that i should forgive him, he started to apologize on phone and said that he still live me that he did not know what happen to him that he left me. it was the spell that he Dr Emu casted on him that make him come back to me today, me and my family are now happy again today. thank you Dr Emu for what you have done for me i would have been nothing today if not for your great spell. i want you my friends who are passing through all this kind of love problem of getting back their husband, wife , or ex boyfriend and girlfriend to contact Dr Emu ,if you need his help you can contact him through his private mail: emutemple@gmail.com or you can contact him through his website https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ fb page Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341 and you will see that your problem will be solved without any delay.

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover