Tuesday, November 1, 2016

My Five Favorites - Recipes for the Holidays


We're sharing our favorite Holiday Recipes this month for My Five Favorites.
 Can you guys believe Thanksgiving is in a little over three weeks?!
Just writing that makes me both excited and panicky. 
I LOVE entertaining during the holidays, and am sharing some of my easy, do ahead
 and tried and true recipes to keep it fun and stress free.  
Kris @ Driven by Decor is hard at work on her pretty One Room Challenge and will
 be back with us next month, but I'm anxious to see what these lovely ladies are sharing:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light
Jennifer @ Dimples & Tangles

We're happy to have darling Mary Ann @ classic~casual~home as our guest host this
month. I've followed her for years, and in addition to being a talented designer she's such
 a gracious hostess, and a pro when it comes to entertaining. Check out her
 Parties & Recipes category on her blog. I'm swooning over this bathroom she just
 completed for a client, it's the perfect representation of her timeless, chic style!


Onto my favorite recipes, click the link below the photo for recipes:

#1
Cinnamon Crumble Apple Pie
I found this recipe in my November 2003 Bon Apetit magazine and haven't used another
apple pie recipe since. It's always a hit!
 (Don't be alarmed by the tall mound of apples, just pack and press the crumbles onto it. 
Be sure to put a baking sheet under your pie pan as it will ooze yummy-ness and make your oven a mess.) 
One year I made it for my neighbors as their Christmas gift,
and delivered it warm a few nights before Christmas in pretty pie plates.

Cinnamon Crumble Apple Pie

#2
Rustic Cheese & Fruit Tray

Not only is this cheese and fruit tray pretty enough to be the centerpiece, but there's
 truly something for everyone. It's perfect for a casual get together with a few friends, no
 one has to cook, just swing by the deli and you're set. It's fun to create a tray with everyone
 pitching in and this recipe has detailed suggestions for types of cheese, meat, fruit and nuts
 ~ making it really helpful for recommendations when friends ask what they can bring.  
And, details for arranging. :)


Rustic Cheese & Fruit Tray

#3
Do Ahead Molten Chocolate Cake
This is a favorite dessert to serve during the holidays when I'm entertaining.
It's SUPER easy, but looks and tastes like you went to a lot of trouble.
I love that you can make it the day before with five ingredients you have on hand
and then pop it in the oven for 20 minutes ~ and serve warm!

Do Ahead Molten Chocolate Cake

#4

Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Copycat
Having friends and family over during the holidays doesn't have to be a ton of work, a simple
 dinner where I'm not stuck in the kitchen is at the top of my list. A delicous hearty soup I
 can make ahead is always a go to. Confession - I served this
 so many times last year my boys were over it! Haha!

Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Copycat

#5
Easy Garlic Parmesan Knots

Oh you guys, these little nuggets are the BEST! I like to use pre-made pizza dough
I pick up at a local Italian restaurant instead of refrigerated biscuits the recipe calls
 for. I put the garlic butter in a large dish, dip the warm rolls in it when they come
 out of the oven, and serve immediately slathered in butter. 
Warning: Have a few batches ready to go in the oven!
(These would be great with the soup above.)     
Easy Garlic Parmesan Knots 

Stop by and check out my talented friends' favorites:

Jennifer @ Dimples & Tangles

You might like these previous Five Favorites, too:

Entertaining Accessories

Displaying DIY Artwork
Ways to Mix Metals

16 comments:

Denise Greenwood said...

Ha ha I love soup and I tend to wear my kids out on it during the fall and winter too! Always looking for news one - might need to give this one a try! I have made those garlic parmesan knots before and my family loved them - love the idea of using pizza dough instead!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Oh those garlic parmesan knots sound amazing!! Definitely making those soon with your soup!! Too funny, I posted about individual chocolate molten cakes too, see, this is why I love you so. You GET me :)

SHON said...

Great article. Thanks!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Wow! This makes me want to have company and get in the kitchen!! I also pinned your Shrimp Recipe from the post before. That apple crumble looks A-mazing. Right up my alley.

Thanks so much for having me over with this great bunch!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! We are apple pie connoisseurs and agree that yours is the best ever!

Lussi said...

I love all recipes! Looks great and so appetizingly:-)

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

I love seeing go-to holiday recipes! Saving each one!!! that molten cake is calling my name!

Scribbler said...

Made your chocolate dessert the first time you published it, and it is definitely a huge hit! I am off to look at the others especially the apple pie. Thanks for sharing!

therelishedroost said...

Yummo and that bathroom two thumbs up!!

Kathy Olson said...

Thank you for all the great recipes!! I love the rustic fruit/cheese tray and the pie looks amazing!

Asesoria inmobiliaria JT said...

Bonitos recipientes.. sin duda el rústico con queso y frutas mi preferido

Alan said...

Wow, this is just an awesome recipes! I will definitely cook this amazing dishes next holidays. I hope that you will continue doing this type of content. I'm looking forward your new recipes. Regards, Alan from papercheap.co.uk

Spam Leads said...

Hello Everyone !

USA SSN Leads/Dead Fullz available, along with Driving License/ID Number with good connectivity.

All SSN's are Tested & Verified.

**DETAILS IN LEADS/FULLZ**

->FULL NAME
->SSN
->DATE OF BIRTH
->DRIVING LICENSE NUMBER
->ADDRESS WITH ZIP
->PHONE NUMBER, EMAIL
->EMPLOYEE DETAILS

*Price for SSN lead $2
*You can ask for sample before any deal
*If you buy in bulk, will give you discount
*Sampling is just for serious buyers

->Hope for the long term business
->You can buy for your specific states too

**Contact 24/7**

Whatsapp > +923172721122

Email > leads.sellers1212@gmail.com

Telegram > @leadsupplier

ICQ > 752822040

jane holly said...

This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change
-funds recovery

Email: onlineghosthacker247@ gmail .com

Harry Williams said...

I love cheese in any form. If you haven’t experienced the sheer pleasure of Burrata cheese, you’re in for a treat! Originating from Italy, Burrata is a luxurious cheese known for its velvety, creamy texture and rich, indulgent flavor.

What sets Burrata apart is its unique preparation – a delicate pouch of mozzarella enfolds a luscious center of stracciatella and cream. The result? A burst of decadence with every bite!

Whether paired with fresh tomatoes and basil for a classic Caprese salad or drizzled with balsamic glaze and served on crusty bread, Burrata adds a touch of elegance to any dish. Its versatility makes it a culinary delight, elevating both simple snacks and gourmet creations.

Next time you’re in the mood for a cheese experience like no other, treat yourself to the exquisite taste of Burrata. Your taste buds will thank you!

anthonyhall said...

It is my favorite kind of cheese and I have a history of finding the best stores to buy this deliciousness. Lately, the best burrata I have found at Gourmet Food Store the best place to buy burrata cheese online . The last burrata I ordered was of the highest quality. The ordering process was easy and intuitive, and the delivery came on time and impeccably packaged. This store has been a real gastronomic discovery for me. My eyes are blown away by how many delicious delicacies I can buy here at a decent price.

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover