Monday, November 7, 2016

It's Time to Plant Paperwhites


Hi friends ~ this is my annual reminder to let you know it's time to start
thinking about planting your paperwhite bulbs. I planted mine yesterday, and if
 you're hoping to use these beautiful blooms in your Christmas decor or give as a gift
 you'll want to get them started in the next week or so. 
They're super easy to force, I shared directions here

I bought mine at a local garden center (O'Toole's) they sell them loose for $1 each.
In the past I've also found them at Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, Target and
 Ace Hardware, they're usually sold in a bag of eight, and sometimes pre-planted in
 a pot. I like the option of choosing my own planter, the possibilities are endless.   

Here's some pretty inspiration for you: 



 goodhousekeeping.com

 goodhousekeeping.com




I've shared fun ideas for planting in the past, 
if you need more inspiration you can check them out here and here.


11 comments:

Sara Newell said...

Love this reminder (and your blog)... Thank you!!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Thank you for the reminder, I'm all over the paperwhites this year!!!! You're the best!! XX

Libby said...

Just bought mine last week. I do find, however, that those from the discount stores just don't do as well. Garden centers are best!

Andrea said...

Thank you for the reminder!

lori said...

Thanks for the annual reminder and inspiration. We rely on you for it and can never believe that it's time already!

annie@mostlovelythings said...

Can't believe it's that time already! I just saw them in massive quantities at Terrain.

Julia Konya said...

I should plant some too. They are just so pretty!

Marilyn Wild said...

They are so pretty but why do they have to smell like a medicinal spray!

Summer said...

So pretty ♥

therelishedroost said...

Will go out and get some bulbs!!

Mary said...

I wish my home had adequate light to plant bulbs.

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover