Wednesday, October 4, 2017

My Five Favorite Ideas for Decorating Teen Rooms

Hi friends! It was still summer for our last My Five Favorites, that month flew by and here
we are already in the midst of  fall! This month my blogging pals and I are sharing our
 favorite ideas for kiddos' rooms, mine are all focused on teen rooms. I love helping them
create spaces that reflect their personality and they're usually pretty opinionated about it. :)
I'm anxious to see what everyone has on their favs' list, be sure to check them out:   

Jennifer @ Dimples & Tangles

I'm excited to share our guest, Julie @ Julie Blanner,  I'm smitten with her refreshing
style, she has quite the talent for creating perfectly edited spaces. Actually, I have a confession
 to make - I tried to emulate her style for my Christmas decor one year, it truly looked like I
 just moved in and only unpacked one box! SO bad! Simply put, her minimalist style is
 stunning, as is her beautiful photography.       

Julie Blanner

Today I'm changing it up from my usual format to make it easier to visualize how you
 can pull together all my five favorite ideas in one room. Here are four rooms each with
a collection of all my favs.  

#1 Unexpected Lighting
#2 Custom Artwork
#3 Custom Pillows
#4 Mix of Styles
#5 Unique Bed/Headboard

Sophisticated Teen Boy's Room


My son and I had so much fun revamping his room, I can't believe it's been five years! :( 
A menswear glen plaid was the starting point for this sophisticated mix, we used it on an
upholstered headboard and box springs. The artwork is a mix of a custom abstract, framed
prints, poster and a Nike shopping bag. We call the abstract 'tennis match.'  

  
We mixed lighting styles, a brass swing arm work lamp and floor lamp with a green tweed 
fabric covered shade. 



       

Teen Sports Cave 


 

We created a built-in look with wall to wall bookcases flanking the headboard, and added
a pair of industrial outdoor lights to the sides of the bookcase. We snaked the wiring through
 the bookcase to the outlet behind it. For a sharp mix we included a handsome lamp with
 textured shade. Sentimental sports photos memorabilia was the artwork of choice.



Bright Bold Teen Girl's Room 


We gave a traditional four poster bed and vintage nightstands new life with fresh paint, 
and added drama with a canopy net. A few custom pillows pulled our color palette together.


We used a traditional lamp on the nightstand and a floor lamp in the reading nook.
I love using a budget friendly, fabric covered lampshade for a fun dose of pattern.



Fresh Modern Teen Girl's Room


Vintage bamboo furniture paired with a modern lucite chair and unexpected chrome task
lamp gave us a fun eclectic style. A custom pink zebra bolster added pizazz to store bought
 bedding. To keep the gallery wall from being overly busy we framed all the art in white
frames and mats.   



Be sure to check out my talented friends' favs too:

Jennifer @ Dimples & Tangles
Julie @ Julie Blanner



You can also find me on Instagram and Pinterest

5 comments:

Julia Konya said...

Just love the vintage bamboo furniture! And really enjoyed seeing your son's room because my son wants his redone. He just picked a yellow sputnik that we will start with.

Calypso In The Country said...

Wow, it's been 5 years since you did his room? I remember that post like it was yesterday! Great tips and great seeing Julie joining you this time around. Love her blog too! Hope all is well with you!
Shelley

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

You always have so many creative ideas. Love that last room with the pink dresser, the color palette is so fun for a teen girl!!

lori said...

Love all of your teen rooms and your client is still loving her modern room. Thank you, Pam!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Your boy's room still looks just as fabulous as the day you finished it! These are all such great ideas.

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover