Monday, January 11, 2016

IKEA - My Favorite Non-Decor Items (1)


Today when I made a trip to IKEA it dawned on me that I've been holding out on
 you guys by only sharing my favorite furnishings and accessories. 
I know it can be a little overwhelming, and there are so many little gems throughout
the store that are easy to miss, so here are a few of my favorites and how I use them.  

#1
$2.49
6" x 4"

I LOVE to use their tins as a fun container for gifts.
 They're all awesome for food gifts, but think beyond that, anything that you'd put in a
 bag or box would work. Even small potted plants or herbs would be great in the
rectangular shape, just tuck the lid in behind the plant.    
$8.99
Tins stack inside each other for easy storage
6" x 4" x 5"
8" x 5" x 7" 
9" x 7" x 8"

I didn't see these on their website, but they were at my IKEA today.
They always have special seasonal patterns in this 3 piece set (size is approx.)
$5.99
3" x 5"
4" x 7"
5" x 8" 


#2
$1.99
Set of 32 assorted sizes
Can be used with Hemsmak tins
#3
$2.99
Clear Glass - 11"

This inexpensive glass bowl is the perfect 'basket' for a collection of kitchen items, an
Italian basket, breakfast basket, or a nice hostess gift with fresh fruit or veggies from
a farmers market with salad tongs. The possibilities are endless.  
#4
.79 each
100% Cotton - 26" x 20"

I have about 20 of these, and use them daily around the kitchen. They're lightweight
and dry in no time. Wrap some goodies in one and tuck them in a tin. :)
 
Great for use as a placemat or napkin, too.
#5
Duck Feather Filling
20" x 20" - $5.99
16" x 26" - $6.99
26" x 26" - $9.99 

Hands down the BEST bang for the buck! 
These are the only pillow forms I use for myself and my clients.  
#6
Solids - 50 - $1.99 
Pattern - 30 - $1.99
3 ply - 6.5" x 6.5" 

Their napkins are great quality, and they change up the colors and patterns often.
Watch for clearance sales - the blue floral and orange cheetah were both .49
 for a package of 30 today.  

#7
.99 each
Adjustable clips
Since 1938 bedrooms are small we hang up all of our clothing instead of using
bulky dressers in our bedrooms, here they're used to hang Detail Boy's shorts. I
 originally tried a more expensive brand and these are much sturdier and better quality. 

#8
$2.49
Thin, crisp mild ginger cookies - delish!

I'll choose these light, crisp ginger cookies over Swedish meatballs any day! 

Well, that was fun to share some of the not so common gems I've found, 
do you have any favorites we should know about?   


If you're an Ikea fan you can find more of my favorites here,

21 comments:

Jennifer@The Chronicles of Home said...

$9.99 for a Euro feather pillow insert?! Whoa. It pains me regularly that my closet Ikea is an hour away!!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I am making a trek to Ikea in the near future and I'm sure I'll be madly searching for this post when I do. I love your recommendations, thank you for sharing all these goodies to look out for!

Unknown said...

I adore IKEA! Great suggestions here. I didn't see the Hemsmak containers on my recent trip, but now I'll have to be on the hunt. They are super cute! Thanks for sharing all of these.

Julie said...

These are great little add-on items for an IKEA shopping trip! The closest store for me is about 3 hours away in Kansas City. I wish it was closer, but then that could be dangerous, too ;)

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Going to IKEA is like a child being set loose in a candy store!
xo
Patty

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

Now that's just mean!! The nearest Ikea to me is hours and hours away!!

You know what? It's probably just as well....sigh.

:)

Haley said...

I have a couple things on this list, but man I do LOVE those feather pillows! Ours have taken quite the beating and they really hold up.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, Pam. These are all new to me and I've been searching for that type of hanger. I'm always pleased with everything you endorse!

Crazy Wonderful said...

I be never spent too much time in their kitchen section, but I'm going to have to check it out now! Although, I am still heartbroken they have gotten rid of the RIBBA frames, so it may be a few days before I can go in there without a bad attitude ;)

Unknown said...

Oh, so many great things Pam! I need to get my Ikea and check everything out! Thanks for the great inspiration! :)

Vel Criste said...

I have never seen those hangers and those cookies too! LOVE IKEA and now we have one close so I'm excited to check these out!

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

Fjadrar Pillow inserts are my favorite. I don't buy any regular pillows anymore. Just cushion covers so I can use them with the inserts. And the covers are so easy to store that way.

Holly Gruszka said...

I love the 3 piece tin set - I'll have to keep an eye out for those. And the glass bowl too. I have a set of cloth bins that I use in our linen closet that I really like.

StagerLinda said...

Great tips! I love the inexpensive tins for presents! I'm going to Charlotte this weekend. Might have to make a stop on the way into town.

cindy hattersley design said...

I love Ikea goodies I just hate going there!! I am going to have to get some of those dish towels and that glass salad bowl looks fabulous as well. Now will you just go shop for me too?!!

Unknown said...

I love their feather pillow inserts too. Also, the IKEA chocolate bars are the best! Especially the one with hazelnuts.

Unknown said...

Love these ideas! I can't seem to find the Songe mirror on the IKEA website...do you know if they still carry it? Thanks!!

Unknown said...

I have searched your whole blog and for the love of Pete, I can't figure out how to subscribe to your blog. Please help me! my email is bdwirka at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

I truly love IKEA - it's amazing what kind of s storage ideas you can get from visiting them, and I love how they change the offerings with the seasons and the holidays to give you some variety too! They really aren't just great for furniture but whatever you need in the house, aren't they!

jane holly said...

This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change
-funds recovery

Email: onlineghosthacker247@ gmail .com

mindnasium said...

After reading this post, I applaud the author's efforts and am grateful for the Good Food Canada Coupons to learn about this interesting topic.

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover