Sunday, May 6, 2012

cottage style window box


I confess I took no photos of our Cinco de Mayo get together, but you didn't
miss a thing. It looked just like the details I showed you here and here.
I just wanted to enjoy the company of friends instead of being preoccupied with
taking photos of every detail.
Bottom line...more important to be a good hostess than a good blogger.

But, I do have something else for you...remember my client with the 80's tract home?
 We started with a few exterior updates last fall, and
on Saturday I helped her put together her front window box for summer.


She wanted a classic cottage style look.
It includes a  Kimberly fern, lobelia (periwinkle), verbena (purple) a low maintenance
 trailing vine with great blooms all summer long, geraniums (pink) and more verbena in pink.

BEFORE


FALL


SPRING


A new addition since the fall photo is the porch light, much better scale
than the teeny-tiny builder model in the photo above.  We chose to keep it in the same
location to avoid additional electrical costs.  We're still working on a few other plantings and
the back deck.

The big news is her kitchen is about ready for a semi-reveal of freshly painted
white cabinets!


Uncommon Slice of Suburbia's Tuesday Treasures here
Home Stories A to Z Tutorials & Tips here
Southern Savvy Wow us Wednesdays here
The Shabby Nest Frugal Friday here
At the Picket Fence Inspiration Friday here

21 comments:

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

I've never seen a fern in a window box, and I love it! Love the height and attention it commands. I had a friend at church just ask me for ideas on free-standing (non-permanent) window boxes, have you happened to see any? Anxious to see that kitchen!

SSM said...

The paint looks great and those flowers say Welcome!

Love the door in black.

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Aw, so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Great job! I love the transformation.

Carolyn
{my simple messterpiece}

Anonymous said...

How right you are about it being more important to be a good hostess.
The window box looks stunning, so pretty. And the paint colour is perfect.

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

Good for you.... I'm sure you are an amazing hostess. Love the flower box and the exterior updates. Looks great!

Lana said...

Love the window box. The flowers can be enjoyed from both inside and outside. Love the house paint colors.

Unknown said...

wow, I love it! What a different a little TLC makes, right? Beautiful and an obvious Pam touch-so classy!
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Cassie Bustamante said...

so pretty! i love window boxes!

Unknown said...

Fabulous Pam! This home much better curb appeal and the pop of colors from the flower box is perfect. Loved your comment about being a better hostess than blogger!

Dana Frieling said...

Window boxes make a house happy! Looking forward to seeing her kitchen.

Lori said...

Thank you so much for all of the changes you have made to our home, both interior and exterior. You've accomplished the classic but updated look that we had hoped for. You could not be sweeter and care about your clients' homes as if they were your own. The windowbox you designed looks so beautiful. We appreciate your tremendous talent and kindness.

Leslie said...

Fun transition here Pam, and I like the window box. Love Verbena!

Stacy CUrran said...

The exterior looks GREAT. Can't wait to see the kitchen!
Stacy

Alexa said...

Gorgeous. Love the pops of color for spring.

Unknown said...

The window boxes are gorgeous! I'm glad you enjoyed your Cinco de Mayo party, and did not miss out on the fun by worrying about getting photos of the details. I'm sure it was absolutely fabulous. Hope your week is off to a great start!

René said...

Wow! What a gorgeous combination! Your friend is lucky to have you!

Holly Gruszka said...

How exciting! Exterior refreshers really make such a difference. And I can't wait to see what else is cooking at this home - I remember this project very well!

bestie said...

perfect timing as i've been doing some inspirational image research for my boxes this year - i ALWAYS get flower box envy and want to make the right choice this year!!

Lori said...

Rene, lucky is definitely an understatement. In addition to being uber-talented, Pam is very dedicated and professional. She even insisted on standing out in the rain one day with me to ensure that the exterior paint worked in different lights! We are in awe of her many talents.

SHERRY HART said...

I love that window box! I remember when I planted a few and then realized they had to be watered EVERYDAY. That didn't last long :)

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover