Tuesday, May 1, 2012

box brownies go gourmet


I don't usually share many recipes, but I do pretty much post life as it happens
around here and our favorite brownies were happenin' yesterday.
Mr. Simple coaches a high school girls' tennis team, he requested these for their
end-of-season get together - Yay Tigers!!

  
They're actually boxed brownies taken up a notch!
Still simple, of course, just make these two changes to the mix instructions, and frost!
Use with any regular brownie mix, not premium or fancy varieties.

Replace 1/4 cup water with 1/4 cup half and half
Add one additional egg

                                                         Frosting is a MUST!
                                             
                                                        6 T. butter (3/4 stick)
                                                        1/4 cup chocolate chips (I use semi-sweet)  
                                                        2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
                                                        1 t. vanilla
                                                        1/8 t. salt
                                                        2 - 3 T. half and half

Microwave butter and chocolate chips one minute or until melted.  Add 1 1/2 cups powdered
sugar, vanilla and salt. Mix well.  Add remaining powdered sugar and half and half.  Frost when
you remove the brownies from the oven, as the frosting melts completely cover the brownies.
Let cool until frosting is set.

ENJOY...in moderation!




12 comments:

Diana @ Your Day Simplified said...

YUM!! Brownies made special, I love it! Hope the tennis girls enjoyed them too!

Carly Haslee said...

Yes, frosting is a must! And of course in moderation :) Love it. And yay for being on Pinterest!! How am I just seeing?!

Dana Frieling said...

You had me at butter and half and half. Let's be crazy and throw moderation out the door while we sit down to enjoy the whole pan!

Holly Gruszka said...

That frosting looks so delicious - brownies with icing are so much better!!! YUM - I bet the team devoured them.

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

yum, there goes my sweet tooth!! Frosting plus a brownie would be the perfect treat!

Anonymous said...

I consider myself a brownie connoisseur, as they are my favorite guilty pleasure with milk. I always make the brownie mix as the cake-like ones with an extra egg. I don't usually ice them but from now on with your recipe, I'm going to up my game. Thanks.

Gretchen

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Moderation....what's that again?? These wouldn't last an hour in my house! I'll have to make them this weekend - thanks for sharing the recipe!!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Oh my, those look dangerous...You need to post more recipes!

Leslie said...

What a wonderful occasion to make brownies. The extra egg and half and half (YUM!) and I bet you can't stop at just one so that moderation thing will be tough LOl!

Sew a Fine Seam said...

oh wow how timely is this post! THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I am planning to make brownies for a food exchange next week and i was wanting a way to jazz them up a bit! I will be doing this:)

Unknown said...

yum! have you ever had that Costco Ghiradelli brownie mix? The best Ive ever had...
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Lori said...

You deserve brownie points for this post! I can't wait to try your recipe. They look delicious. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover