Thursday, May 3, 2012

potting bench project


This potting bench from Pottery Barn has a similar metal apron across the front that
mine has, but the similarities stop there!

Ellsworth Entertaining Buffet


This bench was in the garage when we first bought our house
fifteen years ago, weathered and chipped wasn't the trend,
so I stained and painted it and over the years gradually let it get in this sad shape.

Spiffing it up (or down) is my project next week!


As you can see here it has a cool rustic metal frame and brackets and original distressing,
as it was a work bench.


I use it as a potting bench, it also makes a great drink station when we have guests.
(Pottery Barn likes to use theirs in that manner, too!)

But, this one is pretty cool, too!  Casters and hooks would be a great addition, but it is a
heavy monster and those look a little too frail.

Abbott Zinc-Top Island

I'll keep you posted as it progresses next week.
Tonight is our Cinco Quatro de Mayo get together!
Saturday soccer, planting some pots and 
don't miss a special Saturday post 'Celebrating Motherhood' interview
with a blogger you all know and love!

HAPPY WEEKEND, FRIENDS!! 





12 comments:

Lori said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with, Pam. I remember this bench/drink station covered with your beautiful mis-matched wine glasses for a party. It was so pretty in your pretty yard.

Holly Gruszka said...

I'm with Lori - can't wait to see your made over version of your potting station/entertaining station. I saved your recipes from The Pioneer Woman to make tomorrow - I'm definitely going to try the carinatas. Maybe I'll even take a few photos if they turn out well. Hoping to have my hubby grill the short rib on our charcoal grill - yum. Have a great weekend Pam!

Dana Frieling said...

I'm positive you'll have that bench looking like it came straight off the pages of the PB catalog...you're so good like that! Enjoy your party and weekend.

Unknown said...

Awesome potting bench....I am green with envy, especially because I know when you are done with it, the piece will be amazing! Have fun at your party!

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

Oh I cannot wait to see what your finished bench will be like!! Serving drinks on it is my favorite idea;) Have fun tonight!!!

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

Can't wait to see how it turns out Pam. Enjoy your gathering!

Sew a Fine Seam said...

Oh I cannot wait to see what you do with this! I know it will be spectacular :)

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

What great bones! Looking forward to seeing the fabulous-ness that you transform it into! Have fun at your party!

Danielle said...

Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Anonymous said...

I love your potting bench and with a little TLC it's going to be great!

Gretchen

Leslie said...

Happy Friday Pam and looking forward to seeing how the potting bench turns out!

Have a fun weekend!

leslie

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

What a great project, Pam! I have been keeping an eye out for a potting bench and just love yours!! Hope you had a wonderful Quatro de Mayo celebration tonight!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover