Sunday, May 13, 2012

bh&g...$5.99/year


Hope you all had a wonderful weekend, we had a few fun celebrations in addition to
 Mother's Day, a birthday and my niece's graduation from CU!  

I love all of the online inspiration for decor, recipes and diy projects from blogs, Pinterest and
 online magazines, but there's nothing like getting the magazines I subscribe to in the mail.
One of my favorites has always been Better Homes and Gardens,
 they have an introductory offer, one year subscription (12 issues) for $5.99.
That wouldn't even cover the cost of mailing!  
(I'm sharing it just because I like it, BH&G isn't a sponsor!) 

Look what's on the front cover, the vases look similar to the rope covered vase I made here.
You could easily do this with empty beverage or wine bottles. 


This idea was one of my favorites, I'll definitely be using for summer.
Fill a wagon with ice for drinks and your homemade ice cream!
My parents still have an old ice cream maker and it's one of our summer traditions.


Remember last week when I gave you the scoop on the Home Depot plant sale.
They're still on sale! 
This patio they featured shows some great examples of the globe style boxwoods.




The rain has finally stopped and I'll be back working on my bench this week,
in the meantime, I have two quick and easy little projects to hold you over,
 one I'll show you tomorrow. 

15 comments:

Lori said...

You always find (and share) the best deals, Pam. I think I'll treat myself for Mother's Day!

Holly Gruszka said...

I really enjoy BHG too - my hubby got it for me a few years ago and I think it's really gotten good in the past 6 months or so. I'm looking forward to getting some of my new issues in the mail soon. Hope you had a nice weekend Pam! I've got a case of the Monday's :(

Unknown said...

BH&G has always been one of my favorites, there is something so real and relate-able about the features and stories they do. I wonder how these magazines make a go of it when offering a subscription at $5.99?

Calypso In The Country said...

I love that magazine and I have been a subscriber for many years. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!
-Shelley

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

My Mom and I both signed up for a subsription last year for that rate and it became one of our absolute favorites to read! You just reminded me it's time to renew:)

Dana Frieling said...

I can't believe BHG stole your rope covered vase idea. They owe you royalties for sure. ;) Glad you had a great weekend.

Unknown said...

I subscribe to it too, can't believe how cheap it is... I have my patio and deck makeover in progress right now...huge job, with deck repairs, etc.
I love all your projects so I can't wait to see what you're up to!
Have a great week.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Oh good - I need some quick & easy projects, because I don't seem to have enough time in the day lately! :) That patio you shared is so pretty…..love how the boxwoods are cropped so they are perfect rounds.
Hope you enjoyed your day yesterday!

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

BH&G always reminds me of my mom...... it was a staple in our home growing up and I've let my subscription lapse! Thanks for sharing!

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

love the rope covered vases. we have a few (hundred) empty wine bottles. such a great idea!!

Sew a Fine Seam said...

We have an ice cream freezer - not an old one - you can still buy them!! We make homemade ice cream a LOT - year round. It's the best. I need to share the recipe we use on my blog sometime. Next time we make it I'll try to get pictures:)

Anonymous said...

I can not believe Better Homes & Garden stole your "vase with twine" idea! Have you called your attorney yet? Haha. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw that cover.

Gretchen

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

I think BH&G has improved so much over the past few years. It's actually one of my favorite mags now. Hmmm, I'll have to check when my subscription runs out. Once again, proof on the cover that your taste is fabulous!

Amber B (Simple Dwellings) said...

I also love this magazine! This offer is too good to pass up! Thanks for sharing. I look forward to seeing your projects! I definitely have the organizing and project bug here too. Spring always does that to me! :)

reFresh reStyle said...

I love BHG too, they always have a great ideas. Can't wait to see your project tomorrow :)

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover