Wednesday, April 10, 2013

fashion ~ inspired by the clearance rack...

I ran into TJ Maxx today, and was so sidetracked by the clearance rack I don't even
remember why I went. It doesn't matter, I scored some great finds which inspired this
 fashion post. Also, I happened to have a coupon for for Charming Charlies, it was about
 to expire, so I made a quick trip over there in order to save some money. :)

One of my favorite looks is a classic Chanel style jacket with jeans, it's casual yet
 elegant, especially paired with strands of pearls or a statement necklace. It's also
perfect for our chilly spring mornings in Colorado. I pinned this one a few months ago


Here's what I put together... I'd pair all of them with denim or white jeans with rolled cuffs,
 heels, bright colored flats, strappy sandals, or my favorite leopard print wedges. 


Fitted tweed jacket with zipper, ribbon and fringe detail - $20
Ombre t-shirt - $7
Charming Charlies - Strands of peach beads, 2 necklaces - $11
Nine West wedges - I had.


Fitted tweed jacket with silver stud and fringe detail - $10
Gray and Navy striped t-shirt - $7
Jewelry and shoes - I had


Another option...
Navy lace, sleeveless top with knit cami underneath  - $15 
It's very cute without the jacket, it would be fun with a bright necklace for summer
yellow, green, orange or pink!


Another option...
Polka dot chambray shirt - $12


I bought this plaid shirt at an after Christmas sale with the intention of wearing it
with white jeans, I'm more ruffles than plaid, so I like to give it some girly bling.
Nordstrom Rack - $12
Charming Charlies Necklace - $13 


I found this blouse at American Eagle Outfitters, I don't think I've ever bought anything
there before, I was wandering around waiting for detail boy to come out of the dressing room.
It's a fun print and works easily with lots of color combinations.

Regular price $40 - 40% off - $25
Scarf - I had
Belt - TJ Maxx clearance - Michael Kors - $15
Charming Charlies Earrings - $8 

There's a peek at a few items in my closet for spring,
have you found any great bargains lately?

If you missed it I did similar fashion post last year.





23 comments:

Stephanie said...

Man you scored! Love those outfits, they are totally YOU! Your go an be one stylin lady :)

Unknown said...

What GREAT pairings! You really have all around great taste Pam. I can't believe how fun Charming Charlie's is..you did what I've been dreaming to do and that is to take outfits or put some together, then go to CC's and accessorize and fill in the blanks with what I don't have in my own closet and jewelry chest. Very fun post..enjoy!
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

I go to American Eagle all the time actually and love a lot of their tops.
That ombre shirt is great too and your leopard wedges are fabulous!

June Pope said...

I love your taste! Like you, I have been experimenting with missing textures and prints and colors. Great job! I am learning so much from reading style blogs but yours takes the cake today! Love. It!

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

Such a fun post Pam! I love that tweed jacket, such a classic look. As always, you did amazing taking inspiration and turning it into reality!

Luci @Bungalow At Home said...

I have a way of getting sidetracked when I go into Marshalls as well... Great outfits and I'll have to give charming Charlies another try since we now have one nearby..

Unknown said...

Oh boy.... my accountant husband is going to be sorry that your blog has inspired me to refresh my wardrobe! These are some great finds and so dang stylish. Not only do you put together your home with great detail, you know how to pull an outfit together Pam!!!

Nancie N Bartley said...

Headed to TJ Maxx today to look for a jacket-been eyeing one myself. Great nudge!
Just bought a white button front shirt there a few weeks ago-has grey polka dots-and I have been wearing it with everything! My favorite combo is with coral jeans and gray flats and a gray scarf with white dots. (And what is the correct spelling of grey/gray?)
A day off in the rain (y'all's leftover snow)- seems like a good day to shop.

Unknown said...

I love TJ Maxx - they have the best shoe department!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love the outfits, Pam! Those jackets are great! Every so often I hit the TJ Maxx clearance racks, too. I have to say that they do come through for me when I need something, like a dress for a wedding. Especially since I tend to put off planning what to wear. If I need something for a party or event, I've been going to them first now.

Dana Frieling said...

I'm going to hire you as my stylist!

theknittycontessa.etsy.com said...

Love the way you mixed textures. Beautifully styled outfits! (The first is my favorite!) Just like putting the finishing touches in a room, accessories can transform your outfit!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

I'm out the door to Bible Study this morning, but you can bet I'm headed to TJ afterwards! Doesn't take much of an excuse to get me there. :) My favorite is the polka dot with the red jacket, but they're all cute!

Lori said...

You are the Master Shopper. So cute, love the jackets and jewelry.

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Great great finds...
An A+++

Cindy @ a curious gardener said...

You excel at something I am not great at. When you are out shopping, you see something and immediately can translate it into a great idea, whether fashion or interior design. I do my best shopping online, stores overwhelm me sometimes but then I miss out on great deals that you are so good at finding. You will look beautiful in each of the outfits, I can just picture you in all of them!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I just love these fashion posts, and those leopard print wedges are the cutest!! I need them!

Anonymous said...

Isn't TJ Maxx the best?!? Really loving the first tweed jacket and ombre tee. What great finds :)

Vel Criste said...

so fun Pam! I didn't know you side-lined as a stylist too - a good one for that matter! Lucky you grabbed those goodies, they're perfect for spring! love it!

Leslie said...

A true fashion ICON you are Pam!! :) I went shoe shopping last night and did some damage.. I need to head over to TJ Maxx! Great selection and I love those shoes:)

xxleslie

Peggy said...

What great outfits! Too bad you weren't with me in France... but I did pick up a cute striped pale orange/greige scarf and an adorable orange purse and the cutest tweezers imaginable! I LOVE shopping in France! (maybe I'll have the chance to do it again... with my hubby and not 40 teenagers on an educational tour of France... can you say exhausted?)

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

You have a great TJ-max...I went today and found a pair of shoes but there was nothing that was very interesting....didn't try on anything!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I love "Chanel inspired" jackets...one day, i hope to own a "real Chanel"...
Great outfits Pam....just love those shoes!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover