Monday, April 15, 2013

diy flower petal pillow

The first time I saw this room I loved the vibrant, energetic feel, and the layered petals
 creating that awesome texture on the pillow caught my attention. I knew it could be an
 easy, inexpensive diy using my glue gun, it's just like the Pottery Barn Poinsettia knock off
I did at Christmas, plus 100 petals!

zsazsabellagio.tumblr.com


 Ta Da...


I wasn't tired of my Anthropologie Dianthus Knock-off Pillow from last spring and brought it
 out again. I have it in the family room this year paired with black and white for spring and
 summer. I think it might need a stripe in pink/orange or pink/green or pink/yellow to mix
 it up a bit. Btw, we love our Ikea Ektorp sectional.



Don't let that cute little face fool you, he was a nightmare with those petals!



My photos aren't the best, because this is what happened at our house today!
Very pretty, but my tulips are buried under there. :(


 The tutorial for the pillow is basically the same as the Pottery Barn Poinsettia
Pillow here. This pillow is 20 x 20, I used 4 sizes of petals.
 Approx. 24 - 4" x 2"
     28 -  3.5 x 2"
32 - 1.5" x 2"
48 - 1" x 1.5"  (that's a close guess, I lost count!)

I used 7 squares of Fuschia felt from Hobby Lobby @ .25 ea - $1.75
2/3 yard of fabric Hobby Lobby $1.88 on sale
I had a 20 x 20 pillow insert.
Total - about $4

The beauty of this project is you really can't mess it up, just about any size and number
of petals will work, just lay them out before gluing them down to get a feel for the the look
 you're going for, and have fun!

Sharing at:
Savvy Southern Style - WOW us Wednesdays

24 comments:

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Whoa, you had some major patience for that one! LOVE it with the black and white pillows. So much fun for Spring! What is with this crazy weather? We're expecting another freeze later in the week...no planting here yet.

Divine Theatre said...

Oh my gosh! You are a patient girl! The pillow is stunning...almost as beautiful as kitty!
Where are you located that you have snow? Egad!

xo

Andie

Cassie Bustamante said...

LOVE that!!! wow! the color is gorgeous- such a vibrant pop! and snow. oh man. i am so so sorry.

Scrappy Pink Corner said...

OMG, I would love to be at your home with all that beautiful snow right now. Gorgeous. It looks like a post card. I will send you some of our sunshine from Florida if you'd like.

Love your pillow. Super duper nice. TFS. ana

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

I love the pillow. I looks so pretty with all the other pillows. And Mikko is looking fabulous too ;) of course.
I can't believe how much snow you got. That's crazy!

Danielle said...

Fantastic pillow!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Beautiful pillow and the color is amazing!

Brandi said...

Of course my felt loving self is really digging your pillow!! It's gorgeous, Pam! I love the pink felt and fabric you used. Looks so pretty on your sofa with the others. Beautiful job!

Cindy @ a curious gardener said...

What a perfectly pretty pillow you created! Looks so fresh on your sectional with the other pillows. Your patience and skill are obvious. Appreciate hearing your review of the Ektorp.

Booo on the spring snowfall, ruining spring blossoms. Did you rush out and cut any bulbs first? We have not had snow so far, thank goodness. 100% chance of rain today so will get some daffodils clipped this morning before they get beaten down.

Have a wonderful day Pam!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

AYKM? It really just snowed like that? Holy mother of what the heck?!!

Kim said...

I cannot believe you got snow!! I have one patch of about 2 x2 still remaining in my yard ... I am sending the kids to jump on it and make it go away! You have amazing patience my dear ... love the pillow!! xo

Kelly @ A Swell Place to Dwell said...

that is a A LOT of petals, but it looks great. I love it next to the other pillow you made, and the black and white. We got snow last weekend too....it's getting a little ridiculous. I think I will have about 3 weeks to wear sandals this year!

Dana Frieling said...

You've done it again, my friend. So pretty!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Your pillow is the tops! Love it with all it's "friends"!

Unknown said...

Your pillow is so pretty Pam!! In fact I love all of your pillows against a crisp white sofa, lovely. Have a wonderful day :)

xo, Tanya
twelveOeight

Lori said...

Oh I love it. So pretty! I would love to try this someday.

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

Your sectional looks great! I love the super long lumbar pillow. Your patience astounds me-I can't believe you've made more than one pillow like that. Absolutely beautiful!

Gypsy Heart said...

LOVE it! I didn't see the Christmas pillow so will have to look for that. Your sofa and the other pillows all look so beautiful! I'm really loving that shade of pink this year as well as yellow and lime green. A different appeal for me ~ :)

Pat

Robin Johnson said...

I'm loving this newest verison of your pillow and I adore the color you used. What a wonderful pop of pretty spring color.

Vel Criste said...

So sad for your tulips but so happy with your pillow!

Moni - Zuhaus at Home said...

Beautiful pillow...perfect addition for your pretty sectional!

Marti @ SewLicious Home Decor said...

Your pillow is beautiful and love the color! I would love for you to link up at my craft party! Just follow the link....http://sew-licious.blogspot.com/2013/04/saturday-show-licious-craft-showcase-27.html.

Marti

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

So so pretty! And your pinks, black and white all look so cheerful and springy. I love that you change up your accessories for the seasons.

Agatinca said...

Love your pretty pillow and Rio & Mikka! :)

Have a nice day!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover