Sunday, September 16, 2012

fall mantle & bookcase


Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I'm loving these cool nights and crisp
mornings, my favorite time of the year!

Before we get to the mantle and bookcases, I wanted to say a
HUGE and HEARTFELT
thank you for the kind recognition for Detail Boy's bedroom around the blogosphere.
It was featured by these wonderful ladies, along with some 
seriously amazing projects you won't want to miss ~ go check them out!
Centsational Girl here
Uncommon Slice of Suburbia here
Home Stories A to Z here
At the Picket Fence here 

THANK YOU!!!
 (I think that's one of those phenomenons that will only happen to me once every 100 years!)

Anyway...
I still loved the look of my monochromatic Spring Mantle and Bookcases here,
and intended to give them at 15 minute tweak and be finished...ha! 
Although I kept some of the same pieces I warmed it up with several sentimental accessories,
textured pieces and a few branches from our maple tree. 


The 'HOME' sign is a treasured piece, hand carved by another nice neighbor as a Christmas
 gift last year. The year on the penny represents the year we moved into our home.
 I just tacked a couple of nails on the back to hold the chains and the mirror is heavy enough
 to hold it against the fireplace.


Bookcase to the right...




On our bookcase I used a fishing creel found at a garage sale as a rustic vase to hold tall
 natural sticks, my grandma's old sewing box is next to a painted pottery platter that was
 a birthday gift from a sweet friend.


Bookcase to the left...




A favorite vacation photo when my guy was little.


A brass gong that belonged to a favorite, elegant, well-traveled and frugal great aunt,
 and below a brass vase from a special friend's wedding years ago.


Rustic basket and brass tray.



Hope you're inspired to get out a few pieces to welcome fall to your home!

fall mantel party centsational girl

The Inspired Room here


27 comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I AM inspired - you always inspire me, Pam! Your mantle and shelves looks great - I love how you incorporate meaningful items into your home in a way that looks pulled together. I really struggle with that - and wish you could wave your magic wand all over my house!

Congrats on your recognition for DB's room - no one deserves it more than you!

Anonymous said...

I confess I am ignoring autumn at the moment! We have been to the coast for a few days, where we had glorious sunny weather.
Your decorations are looking lovely though. The HOME sign is such a thoughtful gift, especially with the added penny.

Lori said...

Congratulations Pam! So well-deserved and I'm sure it will happen many more times. You are a master stylist. I love all of the meaningful pieces.

Unknown said...

Im so thrilled you got the recognition you deserve on that bedroom! It is fantastic. Your styling is beautiful as always, Pam. I love the unique personal elements that all have a story. Have a great day.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Luci @Bungalow At Home said...

Your son's room turned out so awesome so it was well deserved!! Your choices were not the expected "teenage boy" stuff and of course as an Ikea junkie myself, I love how it came together to look like something out of a magazine.

Dana Frieling said...

Woo hoo...some much deserved praises and recognitions! Congratulations, friend. And your mantle, well, let's just say you have the best "toys" to play with. ;)

Unknown said...

Congrats! Detail Boy's room is deserving of all of the kudos, you go girl! How does he like being "famous?" Loving your fall bookcase and mantle....

Holly Gruszka said...

Of course I agree with Cathy - your boy's room is fabulous and deserves all of the kudos for the hard work you did on it. I love all of your personal touches on your mantle. I saw that sweet photo immediately and I love the Home sign that your neighbor for you. I also love that you face your books with the bindings toward the wall so that the pages remain neutral. Well done my friend - it looks great. I was playing around a little bit with our bookcase in the living room this past weekend - not there yet but I hope to get it photographed for fall. Hope you had a great weekend (is it Monday already?)

erica said...

Loving your fall decor. Fall and winter always have me wishing that I had a fireplace and mantle. xo

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Simple, beautiful, layered perfection! I'm jealous, our leaves aren't turning yet. Congrats on all of your well-deserved nods last week!

Calypso In The Country said...

You always inspire me Pam! Love your style and once again you did a beautiful job adding your fall decor. I haven't done a thing yet! Congrats on all the features!
-Shelley

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

I love the simple changes you did- I was just thinking about your monochromatic look the other day, its one of my favorites! I like simple fall decor too, because I know what is coming after: Halloween then Christmas! Looks great:)

Lisa Mende said...

I am still trying to get caught up from being gone! Will you come style my mantle! haha!!

Cassie Bustamante said...

i love the simplicity and the natural touches- beautiful and classy as always, pam!

Amanda said...

It all looks so cozy- love it! Im so behind on my fall decorating I fear I may miss it- by the time Im done everyone will be pulling out their holiday decor. LOL

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

Looks great as usual Pam...... What a wonderful Christmas gift from your neighbors.... the same ones with the amazing porch? Love the sign!

Sew a Fine Seam said...

Lovely! I really like it when decor pieces have meaning :)

McKae @ Kaes Corner Design said...

Yep, you've inspired me to pull out my fall decor. I love what you did,, it looks so pretty!

Amy {Fresh and Fancy} said...

Gorgeous! Love all the nature and neutral colors - very pretty!

Denise Greenwood said...

So simple and beautiful. I love how you have turned the books around to show the pages instead of the spines. Great idea!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

BEAUTIFUL Pam!!

Amber B (Simple Dwellings) said...

I could look at your mantle styling all day! I love how beautiful and meaningful everything is! Great attention to detail and texture. Well done! :) And fall is also my favorite time of year!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I love the fishing basket idea. This is fantastic, it is not screaming at you.

Keeping It Cozy said...

Everything looks beautiful and I love your simple fall touches.

DIYbyDesign said...

I love how you have added Fall touches to your bookcase. Everything is beautiful. I am visiting from Centsational Girl. I would love for you to come and link up to my Fall into Fall party that opens tonight at 8pm EST. Hope to see you there.

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

Just love that fishing creel and your gorgeous oak leaves. So often the oak leaves on my trees turned immediately from green to brown....yours have such lovely tones and reds.
Happy Fall!

chateau chic said...

Love the simplicity and the variety of textures used to produce a beautiful Fall decor!
Mary Alice

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover