Thursday, September 27, 2012

a favorite diy, recipe, blogs

favorite diy...

I saw this on Pinterest last night, it went straight to the top of my list.
 Wouldn't it be a beautiful handmade gift?
She made three sizes - 5", 9", 12"

Gold Leaf Paper Mache Bowls
@  Kelli Murray's Blog here



favorite new recipe...

Ina Garten's Turkey Meatloaf here
I tried this last night, it was delicious, healthy, and received a thumbs up
from my meat eating boys. I tweaked it a bit and used Alton Brown's Glaze here.
 Fall comfort food is in full swing at our house.

favorite blogs...

I've been meaning to share these two blogs with you for awhile.

cindy @ stylish serendipity

stylish serendipity

Her fall header says it all...

She has exquisite taste, everyday you can count on something classic or fashionable,
a charming gift idea, a fun tribute to a four legged friend, which she clearly has a heart for,
art, traveling, or one of my favorite treats ~ a tour of her gorgeous gardens.
 She's a mom to three and is as kind and thoughtful as she is stylish!
Stop by and visit Cindy here.




Jill @ Sew a Fine Seam...

DSC_8455grey skirt and top2new scissors-4

Jill home schools her three daughters, recently opened an etsy shop, has a sewing business
where she designs custom clothing and decor items, she is rooted in her faith, loves to share
her antique finds and decorating her home. Amazing, I know!
Oh, I almost forgot ~ she got a furnace over the summer ~ a first!
She's so excited to have a furnace for the Ohio winter!
She is as down to earth and sweet as can be, always has an encouraging word.
Stop by and visit Jill here.

Here's a little snippet of her fall decor...



And don't miss her Photo Party here!
I won't give anything away, but her details are too fun!

Happy Weekend everyone,
thanks for always stopping by with your kind comments
~ you're the best ~   


15 comments:

Cindy @ a curious gardener said...

First I went to my favorites to find a similar paper mache project to share with you, but one with an image of a chic tray idea to try as well. Then I pinned the meatloaf because man food is always preferred in my kitchen and then I scrolled down and.....wow, thank you!!! You are so kind Pam!

Here is the tutorial, she used a balloon as a mold to get a more organic shape
http://thehappyhomeblog.com/?p=3554

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Very cool bowl!!...a snipit of the garden is magnificent...thanks for presenting these blogs...I so love discovering wonderful blogs!
Have a wonderful weekend...hope your rug project is going well!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for sharing!

Holly Gruszka said...

Thanks so much for sharing new blogs and new recipes. I've been thinking of you (and thinking about emailing you) - I'm having some friends over tomorrow and I'm still torn on the menu. I need party planning Pam to do an intervention ;) I think I've got the menu set but still lots to be done. Thanks for that meatloaf rec - I'm always looking for a good meatloaf recipe. Fall comfort food is in full swing at our house too. Enjoy your weekend Pam!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

The bowl is lovely. Visited the blogs and they are great reads with tons of info.
Thanks for sharing and have fun with your RUG!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

No - YOU are the best :)
That meatloaf is yummy, I totally concur.
Looking forward to checking out these blog you mentioned - thank you for some weekend reading!
Have a wonderful weekend my dear!

Meredith and the New Yorkie said...

Just love those bowls! We're definitely putting them at the top of our list too!

xoxo,
mk & Gwynnie

Cassie Bustamante said...

i have a set of white wooden bowls i painted and i saw the ones you shared, too- i took them home from teh shop earlier this week so i could rub n buff the insides!

Sew a Fine Seam said...

Those bowls are so fun! And thanks so much for the shout out! what a fun surprise to see my blog pop up here! you are too sweet! and the furnace is still needing set - we are working on it! should be set within a couple weeks! I am VERY excited! I will post photos of it when it gets itself where it belongs!

Lori said...

Oh, such a pretty bowl and thanks for sharing some favorites. Happy weekend!

Amber B (Simple Dwellings) said...

The paper mache bowls would be a beautiful gift! I can imagine that for Christmas, with some festive candy inside! Thanks for the introduction to new blogs. They look so pretty! Have a great weekend!

Mr Paul said...

Those little paper mache bowls are adorable.

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

I remember making paper mache bracelets. They are so cute and they make a great gift. Thanks for sharing the blogs also...I'm going to go and visit.

The enchanted home said...

Happy to find your blog and yet another one too! The paper mache bowl is great looking and anything Ina does to me, is a home run!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Fun! I love great new-to-me blogs. Going to check them out!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover