Friday, September 21, 2012

steal an idea for fall decor...


Just a simple touch here and there and you're set for fall...

Bring in your fire wood...
bench with books, oversized art, logs, basket with plants  Savor Home - I really like this

A bold piece of pottery or graphic print pillow...
Pinned Image
houzz.com
Be brave, paint a wall a moody color in one afternoon...
061012_01houseandhomefauxbois_rect540
Canadian House and Home Collette van den Thillart
Pick up an old shutter,
 even one leaning against the wall or on your mantle adds warm rustic feel...
BYODecorator_p100
Valorie Hart
Layer rugs and add a chunky textured pillow...
Jag tar in hösten! – Designporten
designporten.se
Visit your local thrift store for a simple wood table and pretty dish....
design by Tommy Smythe
georgianadesign.tumblr.com Tommy Smythe Design
Warm gold accents, spray paint some thrift store frames...
Pinned Image
be-mine-interior-design.tumblr.com
Create a pretty display with your everyday dishes and fill with fruit...  

providenceltddesign.com
Add a unique accessory...

Sarah Richardson
Use large letters to personalize a spot...
(Joann's, Michael's or Hobby Lobby have a huge selection)

nyclq.focalpoint.blogspot.com
A new throw with a fun pattern adds pizazz...
Pinned Image
awelldressedhome.com


Have a wonderful weekend dear friends!
We'll be watching football, and celebrating a couple birthdays with family on Sunday.
Happy Birthday to the BEST dad and my special nephew!
I'm making my dad's (and my) favorite ~ coconut cream pie in lieu of cake!




30 comments:

Cindy @ a curious gardener said...

Love the orange linen slip covers and coconut cream pie-yum! Enjoy your weekend!

A room with a view said...

Great ideas, Pam - I particularly love the addition of logs of wood and the textures in the rugs and pillows. Makes one feel warm and cozy. Enjoy the celebrations and delicious pie :)

Holly Gruszka said...

I love the moody wall color, and you really can't go wrong with the white dishes on display. I plan on using those soon for my high school get together next weekend. Enjoy your weekend - sounds like you have a lot of fun planned.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Ha, you will be watching the temporary football refs make the bad calls. I don't watch sports, but I hear my husband complaining about it. I really like the chunky pillows.

Dana Frieling said...

I'd pick pie over cake any day! You're always full of great ideas and inspiration, friend.

Cotton said...

The ottoman on the last picture is too neat! I would love something like that.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Mmmm coconut cream pie….maybe you'll share that recipe someday! Hope you enjoy it and the time with your family!
I need a "moody" color in my house somewhere…after the 2,087 projects I'm working on are finished! :)

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

What smart ideas. I can verify that adding gold accents does wonders to warm up a room...and spray paint performs the transition in seconds!
Love the animal rug.....
Yesterday I changed the accessories on my coffee table with darker, and heavier textures.

Lori said...

Oh my, pie! Sounds like fun. I love these cozy rooms. Happy Birthday to your dad and nephew.

erica said...

I am loving the idea of laying the rugs. Have a fabulous weekend! xo

Anonymous said...

LOVE the paisley duvet shown. Any idea where I could find this? Have a beautiful weekend!

Cristina Garay said...

Oh my! They are all beautiful interiors! Wonderful inspiration!

Micah said...

That Eiffel Tower buffet sure is pretty...but I love all of these pictures!

Danielle said...

Lovely rooms. Hope you have a lovely birthday celebration :)

Unknown said...

beautiful pictures, Pam. Coconut cream pie and me are best friends, just like we'd be :)
Have a fun weekend.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Wow, did you ever pick some beauties. My mind is reeling with ideas now. I feel the sudden desire to go to the thrift store in search of something awesome. Have fun at your parties:)

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Now that's some mighty fine inspiration Pam!! Enjoy your weekend!

Cassie Bustamante said...

love me some fall images! SO pretty! love that gray sideboard in the one pic.

Sheila Zeller said...

Love the Designporten photo - the layered rugs and chunky textured pillows. Beautiful!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Love the images with the orange accents. You found some great images!

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

makes me wanna get a fun new fall-ish throw!!!

The Single Nester said...

What great spaces. I think I need to clean up a bit :)

Mr Paul said...

Love those moody colours and the warm antique gold frames. Have a great time celebrating Pam.

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

Love your ideas Pam.... especially the firewood and the big bowls of fruit. Hope you had a wonderful birthday celebration. We had one at our house too!

l o v e l y t h i n g s said...

I love all your fall inspirations...hope you had a wonderful weekend celebrating birthdays!
xo
annie

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

this is the perfect post to get me inspired! I loved fixing up my porch but have been stumped thinking about what I want to do indoors. It will be simple I know that for sure :)

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Great inspirations...I am torn between doing my fall decor in the typical fall colors or going the muted tones...so I will do both!!....thanks for the great pics!!

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

pam - SLAM DUNK! i love every one of these pics!!

Unknown said...

I love each and every one of those pics! I'm feeling the itch to incorporate a bit of gold even! Craziness! Thanks for the inspiration. XO, Aimee

casey at loft and cottage said...

Love all these inspirations! You're making me want to run home right now and get crafty!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover