Tuesday, July 24, 2012

sally wheat inspired diy

I originally saw Sally Wheat's gorgeous living room three months ago on Joni @
Cote de Texas' blog here, I fell in love and immediately included it on my Pinterest board.
But, I hadn't noticed the gold sea urchin until last Friday when I saw a close up on
 Paloma's La Dolce Vita here.  It reminded me of a spiky ball I saw at the Dollar Store. 

LauriePerez.com_1500-square[1]

008-LAURIE PEREZ.COM-120712-15-1962596850-O[1]

My version...



and, if a diy blogger creates a sea urchin, she's going to want a leopard pillow...


and, if she makes a leopard pillow from an old table runner, she's going to want a lamp


and, if she paints a thrift store lamp, she's going to want a table to place it on,


and, if she moves a table from across the room, she's going to want a gold mirror,


and, if she steals a gold mirror from another room, she's going to want some
accessories for the coffee table,


and, if she finds some accessories in the basement for the coffee table, she is a happy girl
because her Sally Wheat inspired room cost $1 for the spiky ball at the Dollar Store.


 If you missed yesterday's post and would like to see the balls, table runner and lamp
before their makeover go here.



Join me at Uncommon Slice of Suburbia's Tuesday's Treasures here,
and Savvy Southern Style here,. Flamingo Toes, Think Pink Sundays here,
Home Stories A to Z here,
and The DIY Showoff here! 

24 comments:

Katie @ Creatively Living said...

You found a spiky ball at the DS! I've been wanting a spiky ball for the past 3 months! Good find....good find!
Now really, how many people get excited about finding a spiky ball? This is why I like blogging :)
--Katie
@Creatively Living

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Ha! Love how your creative mind works!

Miss Kitty said...

Ha! That is too cute...AND it looks so much like the (probably very expensive) original spikey ball. Very clever and creative.

Sew a Fine Seam said...

:) Way to go! That is really cool and the gold looks so good in your house. I want your cowhide rug -it's mostly white! Wish IKEA would have a white one.

Unknown said...

It's a delicious 'sickness' that we all have, and you do it so well my dear! I love the spiky ball more than the sea urchin, which has been over done. Your styling is so gorgeous. I see you have a treasure trove of things to choose from. Wouldn't it be fun if we could scour each other's houses for new accessories to borrow for a while?
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Amanda said...

hahaha! This totally cracked me up and girl it is oh so true! I have to tell you I had my doubts about that dollar store ball. So clever!! Love it.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh such a beautiful room and all the new accessories and vignette are amazing. Beautifully done. Hugs, Marty

A room with a view said...

This is a great post. It is such fun to read about the process, which it can sometimes be, how one thing leads to another. Gorgeous, Pam! Have to read the posts I have missed.

Dana Frieling said...

I love your creative mind. Can we say domino effect?! It's always fun when one thing leads to another and it all turns out beautiful.

Taylor Greenwalt said...

You are so creative... It looks great!

Meredith and the New Yorkie said...

Pam, you are brilliant!! Love your adorable sea urchins (and everything else about the way you styled the room!!)

xoxo,
mk & Little G

Lori said...

You are too funny, not to mention the Dollar Store's best friend. Surely you will cause a spike in sales of spikey balls! Your styling is beautiful and I love the leopard pillow.

Leslie said...

Beautiful room! love those stools :) The sea urchins are really run and add some character to the area!

leslie

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

Yay I can't believe I guessed it right! Such a crafty idea, I love it! And I love what it inspired you to do- the room looks fab!

Holly Gruszka said...

You are a storyteller! :) It looks so nice! I saw a similar urchin object at a store in Chestnut Hill. That last photo is so pretty - love your pillows and fabrics.

erica said...

You are so creative! I love what you did. xx

Danielle said...

I can't believe what you did with those neon balls! Amazing. Your room looks gorgeous.

Unknown said...

That is amazing! I had to do a double take - it looks so much like the inspiration photo - I never would have guessed it's from the dollar store!

Luci @Bungalow At Home said...

Just found your blog today and I can't wait to read more. Love the way you pulled this room together without spending money!

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Wow, I actually like your space better than the inspiration room! The balls are such a brilliant idea. You've got serious skills, girl!

Warmly, Michelle

Nat said...

Wow your space looks great!! Great DIY and nothing better than a $1 room makeover!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Absolutely amazing. I saw that ball today when I ran into the $ store looking for something else. Now I'll have to run back and get my own! Love the changes in your room.

My Dream Canvas said...

This is amazing. I am hosting a Giveaway to win a 50 dollar gift card to the store HomeGoods. It would be great if you stopped by and entered. Thanks Anu

Rhonda @ home.made. said...

Great idea for a beautiful room - stopping over from Primitive and Proper because I must know where you got your sofa!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover