Monday, July 30, 2012

effortless styling...


Hope everyone enjoyed a great weekend, we spent more than the usual amount of time in
front of our tv rooting for USA, and especially our hometown girl, Missy Franklin!
 We also knocked out some big pieces in detail boy's room (sneak peek on Wednesday).

One of my favorite parts of decor is styling tables, mantles, bookcases, etc.
Today I'm sharing tips on where I start, and my go-to items I include for effortless 
compositions over at my sweet friends, Nancy & Bethany's blog,
Powell Bower Home here.
They're a dynamic duo, a mother/daughter interior design team with a passion for
 art, design, blogging and four-legged friends!

I'm assuming you've all heard the advice, use odd numbers of items...3,5,7
and that you know, books and trays are your best friend.
For my other four favorite elements that make it simple to put together a
display and where I start.... head on over right here.

Books and Trays...
Bookshelves
scjohnson.com
heatherbullard.com 
houseandhome.com

adesignstory.com
Jenny Wolf Interiors

Happy styling!




17 comments:

Diane said...

I love simple details that makes a great design inside the apartment. Small details bring colors to life.

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

These are all such pretty vignettes. Love the ladies over at Powell Brower Home as well...... oh, and Go USA! :)

Anonymous said...

With books and trays comes instant interest in a room setting.
I noticed it was quiet in blogland over the weekend. I think a fair few of us might have been cheering our countrymen and women on!

Calypso In The Country said...

Such pretty vignettes. I have a few areas I need to spruce up around here! Have a great week!
-Shelley

Holly Gruszka said...

You should see how many times I've already moved stuff around on our dresser. My husband officially thinks I'm crazy, but you have to keep doing that in order to get it the way you want it (right?) I didn't realize Missy Franklin was from your town - i've really been enjoying the Olympics - the swimming especially. Can't wait to see more of Detail Boy's room!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

No one does styling better than you! Heading over to pick up some tips now...

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

Pam - we're so happy to have you today. Mom and I both think so highly of you. You're such a wonderful and authentic person, we're so happy to know you. Great tips! AND GO TEAM USA!

Dana Frieling said...

Yep, you're the styling queen! Heading over to read your words of wisdom. :)

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I love your styling inspirations and am looking forward to reading your post at Powell Brower. I need all the help I can get in this department!!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Beautiful!! LOVE that second to last shot!

A room with a view said...

Lovely post and I love working on styling. It is such a personal touch and there are so many options that make it fun to see how a vignette evolves. Sometimes, it can be frustrating when you know you are not quite there but it is so great when one achieves the required results. Thank you, Pam!

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Pam, wonderful images for ideas. I shecked out your guest post. Love what you designed. Great job!

McKae @ Kaes Corner Design said...

Great ideas and gorgeous pictures! I just checked out your guest post, it's fabulous!

Katie B. of HousewifeHowTos.com said...

Wonderful styling! I'm always baffled by how to display my book collections. Thank you for the visuals!

Kristen Rettig said...

I'm with you, I love books. And trays, I can never have enough. Also, everything does seem to look best clumped together in odd numbers, so why is that???

Eclectically Vintage said...

Two of my favorite things - books & trays! I actually think I need a tray intervention!
Kelly

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I just love viewing all the various ways so many talented people style their surfaces....Love using the various textures and colors....Wonderful styling examples...gorgeous....Trying to catch up on so many posts after being in and out for 2 weeks!....

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover