Sunday, July 15, 2012

client guest room

Hope you all enjoyed the weekend, I was so swamped last week I didn't 
even realize it was Friday and missed wishing everyone a great weekend.

Last week I mentioned I was helping my client with a guest room,
if you missed it you can get the scoop here.  

On Saturday I finished installing our updates, and not a minute to soon,
as their guests arrived that afternoon. Here are a few peeks...



This is the sleeper sofa they kept, first I found the chair above and then the plan fell
 together with coordinating pillows, a side table and artwork.
 I thought the pops of blue would give the room some life.


I found these pieces at a thrift store to add a little character.


I loved this antique tray, but it needed a bit of scratch cover and some Rub 'n Buff in
Antique Gold gave the handles a classic look.


You all know how I love to style everything, 
it wasn't easy not being at home, the best I could do was take off my earrings and place
 them in the dish!


I chose these two pieces of art and had them framed.
We hung one above the sofa and the other on the adjacent wall.

(Sorry for these poor photos taken at the store.)


Unfortunately, I didn't get a photo of the artwork,
hopefully when the guests leave I can sneak over.
They were the key pieces that pulled it all together with the navy sofa.


I always love the challenge of working with what clients want to keep! 

  


19 comments:

Katie @ Creatively Living said...

Looks fabulous! I have always liked that Audubon artwork. I also love the lamp, pillow, chair and colorful texture on the top of that table!

--Katie
@ Creatively Living

Cassie Bustamante said...

i love the colors and love love the pops of aqua!

Dana Frieling said...

I bet your client was one happy camper. I love that you used your own earrings for that shot! Too funny!

Unknown said...

It looks fantastic! I can't get over how great that slipper chair is. Way to go friend!
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I love the Audubon prints with the blue in them, and the modern fabric on the chair. Great updates! Wish you could come work your magic all over my house!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

You did it!! Everything looks absolutely pulled together and so inviting. Loving the bird prints, too. I'd love to find some large ones like that myself. Homegoods? Love your choice of accessories, also.

Lori said...

I love your additions and the new chair (your earrings are fun too!)

Amanda said...

It all looks lovely! Great job!

Anonymous said...

It looks great. I like the way you pulled the colours together with the art work. I love the chair material, and using your own earrings is just too funny!

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

looking GREAT so far! so excited to see more shots of it!

thistlewoodfarm said...

Wonderful job! Thanks for sharing and inspiring me today! And reminding me how much I love rub 'n buff!

blessings,
karianne

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

Isn't it so fun when it all comes together....just in the nick of time!?! I think the Audobon prints are terrific addition. I'll look forward to seeing your update with them.

Happy Monday!

Sew a Fine Seam said...

You did a great job - it looks marvelous!

A room with a view said...

You did a great job with the thrift store finds and incorporating existing pieces. Love the styling, as usual. Your clients must be thrilled and I am sure the guests were very comfortable.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I am sure you client is extremely happy with your finds...love the artwork!

Leslie said...

Great job Pam! The room is very inviting and there are so many lovely details to look at. Love your pillow selection!

leslie

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Looks great Pam. I really have to try that gold stuff, it looks so easy and looks great!

designchic said...

Your client must be thrilled...got to get my hands on some of the buff n rub!!

SHERRY HART said...

I want that tray....!
The room came together beautifully...I know they are thrilled.

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover