Tuesday, July 10, 2012

client project


One of my clients called last week before we were heading out of town,
they'd like an inexpensive update for their guest room, asap!
It made sense to work with some items they already own, we're keeping a navy and sage
 green sleeper sofa (the plaid pillow below) and a dark formal dresser with brass hardware.

Here's what I came up with today, we chose the chair on the left. 
I may have screamed when I saw how well the chair was going to work with
the sofa to give it an updated look.
The citrus pillow might be too dressy for the sofa, it had a bit of a sheen.


I also chose a light colored table to use as a nightstand.

Tomorrow's shopping list:

Mirror, Art, Accessories,
Gourd Lamp similar to this would be perfect,
 but you know how it goes when you have your mind set on something. 

Double Gourd Ceramic Table Lamp - jcpenney


Stay tuned for an update by the end of the week when we need to be finished!






12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing more!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Fun project, Pam! Shopping with someone else's money!! Love that chair to bring a little modern edge to traditional furnishings.

Lori said...

I love the chair and can't wait to see your transformation Pam. Have a great weekend!

Holly Gruszka said...

You never know what you'll find - hopefully you find that gourd lamp you have in mind. The chair is great!

Dana Frieling said...

I'm sure you'll have her set in no time! That chair is great. If you haven't thought of it already, check JCP for the gourd lamp. I've seen them there for really great prices. Hope she'll let you post pictures when it all comes together.

Sew a Fine Seam said...

I'm sure it will all come together beautifully with you working on it! Have fun!!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Cant wait to see it...

Peggy said...

Very nice! I love the flower pillow! It will be exciting to see how it all comes together! Have fun!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

I hope you took a room "before"...it's going to be a great "after!!"

Unknown said...

I love that slipper chair to death! yep, to death. Your client chose the right person to make that room more current and snazzy! So proud of you!
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Meredith and the New Yorkie said...

Love, love, love all the textures together! Cannot wait to see the room come together!

xoxo,
mk & G

Allie - This Yellow House said...

Looks great! I can't wait to see the whole room! I'm your newest follower :-)

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover