Tuesday, July 31, 2012

a friend, her entry and paint...



Kristy from Hyphen Interiors recently moved to a new home in Austin.
It's been fun watching her put personal touches on everything. I've been so
impressed with her ability to make decisions and implement them quickly,
creating a beautiful and unique space oozing with style.
She has a great eye for finding treasures on Craigslist and transforming them!  

One of my favorite spaces is, or I should say 'was' her entry...


She started with this amazing chair, a Craigslist find, and gave it a glam
coat of gold paint, but then she changed her mind. It's so nice to know I'm not the
only one! Yep, she turned right around and sold it on Craigslist! 

Check out her fabulous new piece she chose to replace the chair.
Hint, she transformed it with paint, in a totally great color here!
Don't miss her cool paint color on her family room ceiling, too!

And, speaking of paint while you're visiting Kristy, today she has an
 informative series on 'Favorite Paint Colors.'
  I'm participating along with several other bloggers,
you're sure to find a color that will have you wanting to break out your paint brush!

Head on over here!





17 comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I enjoy Kristy's blog also…..look forward to reading about favorite paint colors over there today!

Unknown said...

Thanks for introducing me to Kristy! I am enjoying her blog and the color series today! Have a great day, Pam.
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Holly Gruszka said...

I love reading about favorite paint colors - heading over to read all about it.

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

I really enjoy Kristy's blog too. Her eye and sense of style are amazing!

Hyphen Interiors said...

Aw, thanks Pam! You're awesome! I appreciate you sending people over - hope the greige series is super helpful. Thank you so much for participating!

Sew a Fine Seam said...

oh wow her room is totally awesome! I love her table! and the dresser is such a cool pop of color!

Ally said...

Very helpful paint colour post. I have to admit greige has not been my favourite colour in the past, and mostly because of all the mishaps I've seen other people have, trying to get it right. I can't believe your friend sold her golden chair - it was awesome!

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

I would have a hard time giving up that pretty chair but I'm intrigued to see what she did next...heading over!

Peggy said...

Oh the new dresser is beautiful! Thank you for the recommendation!! Now I need to decide what to do with my husband's old recliner... it is a wingback but the fabric it starting to show a bit of wear and age as it is about 10 years old. I definitely don't have the skill sets to reupholster it myself.. and definitely not the budget at this time. we shall see! All this to say that I found kristy's blog to be inspiring... ha ha!

Leslie said...

Oh my gosh! That chair/color looks almost identical to the ones in my Paris hotel lobby. Love this entry!

Leslie

Peggy said...

Symric silver? I think I am going to have to take a look at this color... we have been looking for a bit of gray for the youngest's room. We may have found the perfect color! Thanks!!

Lori said...

Thanks for sharing, Pam. I'm heading over...

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

I'll have to go over and check her blog out! Her entryway is gorgeous! Can't wait to see more!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Just hopped over to Kristy's...you are right...she has a wonderful sense of color....so loved her foyer....it is exquisitely happy!!....

designchic said...

What a beautiful entry...heading over to see more!

Kim @ French Country Antiques said...

Loved this post!

Hyphen Interiors said...

Pam, I finally put an updated photo of the entry on a post today, though it's actually just in the background of something else, but hey, at least it's a start! :)
http://www.hypheninteriors.com/2012/11/our-new-white-board.html

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover