Friday, January 27, 2012

what motivates you?

Having house guests, inviting the neighborhood for a bbq, hosting holiday dinners,
 your turn for the gourmet group, your annual Christmas party?
yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes
Telling your blog readers you're going to complete a project - YES!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light is one of the sweetest in the blogosphere,
and she has a St. Bernard (near and dear to my heart as I grew up with them).
Her announcement of her First Before & After Party was my motivation
to get moving on my dining room.
First Friday in January we posted what we would complete by the last Friday in January.
Come over and see the before & after projects, I've had some peeks and you're in for a treat! 

BEFORE
Although I didn't get to all of my goals I shared here, I was happy to have this complete. 


AFTER
New paint and nailhead ceiling you can read the details here and here.





I think I should link it up again next month to keep the motivation going! :)



13 comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Awww thank you for those kind words my friend! So glad to give you a little motivation....all those other things motivate me too! (Speaking of which, I need to invite some people over so I can get my living room finished!)

Your ceiling is just AMAZING, Pam. I fear that friends near and far will be begging you to do theirs now! (my ceilings are looking a little bland now....just saying! :)

Thanks for being a part of the first Before & After parties! Hope you join in again with your fabulous ideas!

Stacy CUrran said...

Holidays, having guests, having some extra money, seeing something I MUST try, having a party...you name it :)
Stayc

Lori said...

I'm in awe of your talents and beautiful ceiling. I can't imagine tackling a project like that. I love that your blog includes so many beautiful things that I don't see everywhere. Unique and beautiful style.

Jalon Burton said...

I just stumbed across your blog and fell in love! What a great little spot to sit and drink my morning coffee and enjoy the moment!
I am so glad I found you - have a wonderful weekend.

Holly Gruszka said...

I had to include your ceiling project in my tidbits post this week - I love it! Have a good weekend Pam!

The Apps said...

Another motivator, knowing that your interior designer will be coming by to see your progress! Thank you for keeping us on track, Pam. We are thrilled with all of the changes you have made to our home!

elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

Oh my goodness Pam! I cannot believe how gorgeous your ceiling turned out...or how much time it must have taken. I love it.

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

That is the most gorgeous ceiling Pam! I need to go link up at Lisa's :)
Have a great weekend!
XO
Kristin

Jackie said...

That is seriously gorgeous! What an amazing ceiling. I love it.

thistlewoodfarm said...

Seriously? You are absolutely fabulous! I am pinning this....and I would love it if you would link this up to our "impossibles" party.

Here's the link if you are interested!

http://thistlewoodfarm.wordpress.com/2012/01/31/a-journey-of-1000-steps/

Thank you so much for the inspiration!

blessings,
karianne

avance said...

this is the coolest! and would work well in my small dining room, I love it!

Cassie Bustamante said...

this is AMAZING. i am flabbergasted, pam! :)

jae said...

Wow. That is awesome. Wonderful idea and execution!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover