Wednesday, January 18, 2012

essential elements...an odd chair

I've been going through Deborah Neeleman's
10 Odd, Yet Essential Elements of Style

Next up...An Odd  Chair 

Here's what she has to say, "Of all furniture types, chairs probably have the most personality
 they often feel a little human, standing on four legs with outstretched arms.
  The odd chair is the most individual of all.  It is frequently diminutive, unusual-looking and solitary.
 (Think a little tufted Victorian thing, or a gothic-style wood chair, or a child's chair pulled up to a coffee table.)
  In addition to adding a bit of quirk, the odd chair can hold a stack of books or a bunch of flowers or a lamp.
  And it can even be used like a chair when needed.


 abeautifulabode.com
 thingsthatsparkleblog.com
 apartmenttherapy.com
wsj.com 
 roomgalleries.myhomeideas.com
 countryliving.com
Sarah Richardson
southshoredecoratingblog.com

I must say they're a fun conversation piece and would be a great addition to any decor.
Do you have an odd chair, or a favorite here?

13 comments:

Diana @ Your Day Simplified said...

I love chairs too! They are so easy to buy because they aren't the expense of a whole sofa or a bed. It's just a chair! Ha Ha I think I need the cowhide kitchen chairs or the truly french chair with the orange suzani fabric. Great chair choices!

Carly Haslee said...

I wouldn't say I have an "odd" chair but one that's a little different and out of my comfort zone. Numbers 4 + 5 are my favorites! I'll continue the search!

Unknown said...

"Odd chairs" are usually the perfect candidate for a little DIY... or not. I once admired an "odd" fellow at a neighborhood 2nd hand store on numerous occasions (you would think the fact that it was still there each time I went in would have said to me, "buy it".)The shop owner knew I loved the chair, found out where I lived, and left it on my doorstep! It still sits in my bedroom and I still love it!
Cathy

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I love that first one!!

Holly Gruszka said...

I've definitely gotten an odd chair and it gets used frequently at our dining room table. It just might be popping up again in a post soon too. Oh, a few of these chairs are just fabulous and if I were a bachelorette on the town again with a city view condo I'd pick that colorful one up in a heartbeat!! I also love the chair upholstered in the navy Imperial Trellis.

Dana Frieling said...

I have one that I constantly look at and think, "That's odd. Why did I like that?" ha!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

I like the funky little cowhide chairs. And I suspect you just chose the third photo because of the leopard pumps in the shot! ;-)

Lori said...

A beautiful selection. Too hard to pick just one. They each have such personality and character.

Kayla @ Your Day Simplified said...

I love that Howchow one (2nd from the bottom) with those bright colors but antique style. I want to look it up but am afraid of the $$ :)

SHERRY HART said...

I love everyone of those "odd" chairs! I love chairs....period!

Sarah said...

I love the white one with the pink and orange paint!

Hyphen Interiors said...

Loved this post about the odd chair. So true! Thanks for sharing. I guess mine would be my painted chair(s).

A room with a view said...

The black&white one from design sponge would be my favorite because it is an ample size, looks very comfortable and I could put my feet up and read!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover