Thursday, January 5, 2012

the urge to purge...

Yep, I've caught it, too,
that New Year's 'urge to purge' bug!
 My immune system weakens when I see spaces organized with color coordinated
 storage boxes, labeled, and stacked neatly, hinting of a clutter-free household.
 
 
The Remedy:
A healthy dose of my little obsession ~ Orange Nike Shoe Boxes
Missoni Shoe Box
A trip to IKEA for a few matching pieces






IKEA Kasset Series Storage Boxes
(so happy they match perfectly)


A cabinet with 2 shelves of photos, five boxes of ribbon, old school projects,
books, bags, boxes, folders, notebooks, preschool crafts, trip souvenirs,
scrap booking supplies (I did about 5 pages 10 years ago, not my thing!)


 My goal is to organize this cabinet so it functions efficiently for items I use often.
Purge, purge, purge, and make it pretty!

Stop by on Monday, I think I'll be feeling awfully chipper!
I was telling mr. simple how clever I was, he's watching tv and clearly doesn't get it!


Have a wonderful weekend friends, you're the BEST!


11 comments:

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

I have a closet that looks worse than that! I have to just keep the doors closed until I can get to it. I'm sure I don't even know what all is in there. I think the curse of crafters/DIYers is feeling the need to hang on to every little thing-never know what you will need for a project! You've got some great tools and inspiration, the after is going to be great!

Lori said...

"Just do it!" I can't wait to see what you come with! Inspire me, please.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Since the kids went back to school on Tuesday that's all I've been doing is purging and trying to get all the closets organized!!

Anonymous said...

I got that urge when I took the Christmas decorations back up to the loft. I looked around and the seemingly endless boxes and wondered what it all is. It sits there from one year to the next, why are we keeping it? I have decided to go through one box a week until it is all sorted.

Dana Frieling said...

Oh Mr. Simple...doesn't he know this is going to be wonderful?! I guess seeing is believing for some people. Can't wait til Monday!

Holly Gruszka said...

Ah, great idea! I have those Ikea storage boxes. Sheila loves to destroy them :( So my next set (which I was actually considering about picking up this weekend for my magazines) will be out of her reach until she learns to not destroy as much. Monday will be a good day!

natasha {schue love} said...

Love the punches of orange!! I kept my Missoni box too! So pretty! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Carly {a simple affair} said...

Cannot wait to see what you have in store! Hope you're having a great weekend!

xoxo

Tiffany @ {Living Savvy} said...

I love the feeling of wanting to purge! I can't wait to tackle my house... just as soon as I put it back together from de-christmasing my house! I can't wait to see what the end result looks like!!

Amber B (Simple Dwellings) said...

Great project! I never thought of using the Missoni box! Great idea! And the nike boxes will be a great pop of orange. Best of luck and can't wait to see the finished product! it will look great. (And my cabinets look like that right now too!) I have the same goals too. :)

SHERRY HART said...

OK OK......I am getting the message. Holidays over and time to get going! You knocked it out girl!!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover