Thursday, January 26, 2012

focus!!!

In yesterday's post I said I was going to concentrate on the dining room
before starting another project.  That lasted about 12 hours! Seriously???
I was reading this great roundup of DIY lighting projects from Darlene at Fieldstone Hill,
this morning and saw this...


Isn't it gorgeous?!  What do you think it's made of?
 It was created by Emily from the blog Newlywife, she and her cousin, both newlyweds,
share their projects, recipes and ideas. Amazing job!

I had this lamp just sitting in my basement waiting for some inspiration to strike!
I spared you the scary scene and brought it upstairs!


A Goodwill find for $35, not my typical score, but it was brand new, without a scratch.
I asked the clerk about it and she said sometimes they get items directly from Target, huh?
No details from her, but sure enough...here it is for $69.

This is what I've done so far...

Testing..1..2..3


First light coat (the trick to spray paint..light coats).
Check back on Monday for the reveal and the material it's made of.
And then I'll be back to focusing on the dining room!



Have a wonderful weekend friends,
 hope you'll be focusing on FUN!

In all of my excitement over starting the new project...
 I totally spaced I was supposed to share a completed project
at Lisa's Before and After Party, so you'll be getting another post from me today, too!


11 comments:

Stacy CUrran said...

Omg I'm totally making this over the weekend! It's gorgeous! I hadn't seen it, so I'm so glad you shared it
Stacy

Carly Haslee said...

Oh, I love, and cannot wait for the final details! I fully support a DIY project and then back to focus.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Oh I have been loving fishscale art and am soooo excited to see your lamp makeover!! You are on fire Pam!
And also, can't wait to see your B&A at the party tomorrow of course! :)

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

I couldn't wait...I looked up your source to see how she made it, but I won't tell! So cool and I can't wait to see your twist on the project.

Lori said...

So pretty! Can't wait to hear your secret! Your vision continues to amaze me. So many things that I would have passed up, but would buy your transformed projects in a heartbeat.

Tiffany @ {Living Savvy} said...

It is going to look awesome! Better start save my pop tops!

Elsha said...

that i so neat thank you for sharing!

Emily @ NewlyWife said...

Glad to hear you are going to take on this project. Can't wait to see the results!

Unknown said...

Another project that will produce amazing results Pam...you are setting the bar high girl! My CSIL recently pinned something similar and plans to give a makeover to her light too!
Cathy

Dana Frieling said...

Isn't that called decorating ADD? Self-diagnosed admission going on here. Target at Goodwill, awesome! Can't wait to see your lamp.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see how the lamp comes out!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover