Wednesday, January 25, 2012

artwork for the dining room...

Since I'm on a roll with the dining room I think I'll keep moving full steam ahead.
Otherwise, I'll get distracted and start another project before finishing this one!

Here's what I'm thinking for the walls on each side of the French doors.
(on left side of photo)
I love the look of art hung from floor to ceiling...

 
elementsofstyleblog.com

but then symmetry of this speaks to me, too...
decorpad.com 
 
 
or, an abstract paired with my traditional pieces...
                            
 decorpad.com

 or,  a statement these oversized botanicals would make...


loftandcottageblogspot.com

maybe symmetry and botanicals...
dining rooms - black green white brown farmhouse dining table upholstered wood dining chairs botanical photo gallery slate floors dining room

or maybe symmetry and gold frames...I think I'm going in circles!


Pinned Image

I think I'll sleep on it, but right now the abstract mixed
 with a couple in the first photo is my vote!

What do you think?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the abstract with the traditional elements!

Stacy CUrran said...

I love all of these, but I especially am drawn to the symmetrical groupings. I've always loved those. But you can't go wrong with any of these beautiful examples.
Stacy

Unknown said...

I think you are onto something Pam....liking your direction! Of course I am also quite taken with those over-sized botanicals, so many choices...
Cathy

Dana Frieling said...

No doubt you'll knock it out of the ballpark with whatever you decide. They're all beautiful!

Holly Gruszka said...

That's a tough one! I think I'm with Cathy. I also like the two large botanicals, but I also really like the floor to ceiling look as well.

Calypso In The Country said...

They are all beautiful but I do like the floor to ceiling look a lot. I am glad to see you are on a roll with this room. I am all over the place right now with my projects!
-Shelley

Lori said...

Such beautiful photos. I love them all. Can't wait to see what you create.

Sew a Fine Seam said...

The floor to ceiling look is really neat. Hmmm. Not sure WHAT I would do! Will be fun to see what you decide

Meeha Meeha said...

I love the abstract painting idea, for a touch of unexpected (and humor!)

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

I like the direction you're going. I'm a little partial to the gold frames. All of the choices are lovely!

Alexa said...

I love that abstract art! :)

A room with a view said...

I am not a personal fan of too much symmetry and I like a mix of pieces so I would go with the first.

Virginia H. Morefield said...

Nyahh... Im simple Lisa, i love furniture that is simple... and i love wooden furniture because i can remodel or redesign it as soon as it looks old...

Sara said...

Omg these pictures are just amazing, I love them, amazing room, I especially like the second picture, great color combinations, nice selection! Your blog is lovely and I'm a new follower! Hope you'll like my blog and follow back!

Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover