Tuesday, November 15, 2011

latest find...

                   First of all, a huge thank you to these sweet, supportive bloggers for featuring
                             my barstool slipcovers and coffee table makeover this week!

                                                      Lindsey @ Better After
                                               Kristin @ Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
                                              Debbie @ Debbie's Blogging & Blabbing

   I'm not much of a collector of anything, clutter gives me hives, but I've wanted to add to my
                                collection (three pieces) of silver trophies and pitchers,
                    and found the perfect piece at Goodwill for $8, and now it's complete.

                  Since they're so formal I like to pair them with either rustic or modern items.

                                                                        
                    I like accessories more edited than this, but wanted to show you all the pieces.
                                            The one on the right is my newest find.
                                        Silver trays are a dime a dozen at thrift stores,
                             the other pieces can easily be found, just not quite as plentiful.

                                           Here are a few ideas for displaying silver...
                              
                                                        ~   in your kitchen  ~
                                    
                             Pinned Image
                                                                velvet and linen

                                                  ~   in a cabinet or on a shelf  ~
                                 the addition of greenery is the perfect contrast in texture

                            Pinned Image

                                                                 ~   on a tray   ~

                                    Pinned Image

                                                        ~  chalkboard paint on a tray  ~

                Pinned Image


                                                  That's my simple collection of silver.

                  Check in tomorrow for answers to ???? I've received on miscellaneous projects,
                            a good Thanksgiving tip I forgot, and what I put in the advent boxes.

8 comments:

Inspired said...

Sooo pretty. You deserve a trophy for your beautiful arrangements!

natasha {schue love} said...

Love how you paired the silver with the rustic touches...so pretty!

Dana Frieling@ Make Them Wonder said...

Oh good, so glad you're going to tell us what's in the boxes! Inquiring minds want to know.

elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

So pretty, I love a pretty pairing of classic silver and rustic leaves. I am with you on not being able to handle clutter around the house.

Stacy Curran said...

Everyone already said what I was thinking... that the silver looks so good with the rustic elements. Thank you so much for your sweet comment today :)
Stacy

A Vintage Vine said...

Great inspiration! I am looking at my mantle as I type thinking it may be a good candidate for some silver..Thrift store here I come! Looking forward to your tutorials! I did see all your features this week..Congrats!

Eclectically Vintage said...

Love the silver! I have a collection too and they are so easy to find at thrift shops like you said. We have similar tastes!
Kelly

Eclectically Vintage said...

Following you too!
Kelly

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover