Tuesday, November 15, 2011

latest find...

                   First of all, a huge thank you to these sweet, supportive bloggers for featuring
                             my barstool slipcovers and coffee table makeover this week!

                                                      Lindsey @ Better After
                                               Kristin @ Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
                                              Debbie @ Debbie's Blogging & Blabbing

   I'm not much of a collector of anything, clutter gives me hives, but I've wanted to add to my
                                collection (three pieces) of silver trophies and pitchers,
                    and found the perfect piece at Goodwill for $8, and now it's complete.

                  Since they're so formal I like to pair them with either rustic or modern items.

                                                                        
                    I like accessories more edited than this, but wanted to show you all the pieces.
                                            The one on the right is my newest find.
                                        Silver trays are a dime a dozen at thrift stores,
                             the other pieces can easily be found, just not quite as plentiful.

                                           Here are a few ideas for displaying silver...
                              
                                                        ~   in your kitchen  ~
                                    
                             Pinned Image
                                                                velvet and linen

                                                  ~   in a cabinet or on a shelf  ~
                                 the addition of greenery is the perfect contrast in texture

                            Pinned Image

                                                                 ~   on a tray   ~

                                    Pinned Image

                                                        ~  chalkboard paint on a tray  ~

                Pinned Image


                                                  That's my simple collection of silver.

                  Check in tomorrow for answers to ???? I've received on miscellaneous projects,
                            a good Thanksgiving tip I forgot, and what I put in the advent boxes.

9 comments:

Inspired said...

Sooo pretty. You deserve a trophy for your beautiful arrangements!

natasha {schue love} said...

Love how you paired the silver with the rustic touches...so pretty!

Dana Frieling said...

Oh good, so glad you're going to tell us what's in the boxes! Inquiring minds want to know.

elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

So pretty, I love a pretty pairing of classic silver and rustic leaves. I am with you on not being able to handle clutter around the house.

Stacy CUrran said...

Everyone already said what I was thinking... that the silver looks so good with the rustic elements. Thank you so much for your sweet comment today :)
Stacy

A Vintage Vine said...

Great inspiration! I am looking at my mantle as I type thinking it may be a good candidate for some silver..Thrift store here I come! Looking forward to your tutorials! I did see all your features this week..Congrats!

Eclectically Vintage said...

Love the silver! I have a collection too and they are so easy to find at thrift shops like you said. We have similar tastes!
Kelly

Eclectically Vintage said...

Following you too!
Kelly

Ross Alva said...

Wow!! These are truly awesome and beautiful arrangements that you've made!!
Great work dear and I appreciate you for this!!
Keep it up!!
Gmail pva accounts

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover